the church

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
So true. The Catholic priests only resemble the priests of Baal hired by the tribe of Dan.
Catholic officials confuse the present Catholic bishops with the New Testament bishops. Notice the following:

"The Apostles chose men to assist them, imparting to them greater or less powers. Before leaving a place, they chose a successor with full powers (Acts 14:22).

"Those who received only a small part of the powers of the apostles were called deacons. Those given greater power were called priests. Those appointed successors to rule in the place of the Apostles were the*bishops." (My Catholic Faith, p. 107).

The New Testament bishops were not successors to the apostles nor did they in any way resemble present day Catholic bishops. Their qualifications are clearly disclosed in 1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. We quote Paul's words to Timothy here for you careful consideration:

"This saying is true: If anyone is eager for the office of bishop, he desires a good work. A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher, not a drinker or a brawler, but moderate, not quarrelsome, not avaricious. He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God? He must not be a new convert, lest he be puffed up with pride and incur the condemnation passed on the devil. Besides this he must have a good reputation with those who are outside, that he may not fall into disgrace and into a snare of the devil." (1 Tim. 3:1-7).

A study of New Testament bishops, first of all, reveals they had to be married men. 1 Tim. 3:2 says, "It behoveth therefore a bishop to be blameless, the husband of one wife, sober, prudent, of good behavior, chaste, given to hospitality, a teacher..." (Catholic Rheims Translation). "Now a bishop must be above reproach, the husband of one wife..." (1 Tim. 3:2; Catholic Revised Standard Version). Also, a bishop had to rule his own house well having his children in subjection (1 Tim. 3:4-5). The Catholic Church rejects the will of Christ in this matter. The inspired writers plainly revealed that among other things the great apostasy would "forbid marriage" (1 Tim. 4:1-3).

Secondly, the New Testament reveals that bishops are overseers of the local congregations. They were to be selected by each local church. They were to be "proved" or "tried" in view of the qualifications as were the deacons (1 Tim. 3:10). Deacons had no authority but were to "serve" in the local churches (1 Tim. 3:8-13). Once the bishops were selected, they were to oversee the local congregations wherein they had been chosen and ordained. Peter said to the bishops, "Tend the flock of God which is among you..." (1 Pet. 5:2). This was the extent of their oversight--overseeing only one church. The Catholic Church has changed the law of Christ in this matter also. Their bishops oversee not just one church but a whole diocese of churches. Paul showed that the great apostasy which was already underway in his time (2 Thess. 2:7) would begin among the bishops (Acts 20:28-31).

Thirdly, the New Testament disclosed that there was always a plurality of bishops in each local church. Acts 14:23 says, "In each church they installed presbyters and, with prayer and fasting, commended them to the Lord in whom they had put their faith." (New Catholic Translation). Without exception there were always more than one bishop (or elder) in each church. Again, the Catholic Church has corrupted this form of governing as ordained by God. Instead of having several bishops (or elders) overseeing one church, they have one bishop overseeing several churches. The Council of Nicia in Cannon 8 forbad having more than one bishop in a city (Disciplinary a Decrees of the General Councils, p. 34).

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
is that all you care about? -
get over it and move on to something important
its important to point out catholic mis-translation

In the New Testament the words "elder," "bishop," or "pastor" are used interchangeably. The three terms refer to the same office which God placed in the local churches. Here is a list of the three words:

(1) Presbyter, or Elder - Acts 14:23; 20:17; 1 Tim. 5:17; Titus 1:5; 1 Pet. 5:1. It is translated from the Greek word presbuteros.

(2) Bishop, or Overseer - Acts 20:28; Titus 1:7; 1 Tim. 3:1; Phil. 1:1; 1 Pet. 5:2. From the Greek word episkopos.

(3) Pastor, Shepherd, Tend, or Feed - Acts 20:28; 1 Pet. 5:2; Eph. 4:11. From the Greek word poimen.

We mention again that all of the above terms refer to the same office because they are used interchangeably. Some passages use all three terms interchangeably in the same context, e.g., Acts 20:17,28; 1 Pet. 5:1-3. We call your attention to the fact that the term "priest" (Gr. hiereus) is not among those synonymous terms, nor is it ever applied to the office of bishop or elder. The Catholic Church confuses this matter by saying that a "presbyter" is one official and a "bishop" is another. For example, "The word 'priest' is derived from the Greek presbyter..." (My Catholic Faith, p. 129). This is another example of their twisting of the Scriptures to prove their own doctrine. The Greek word "presbyter" does not mean "priest" and no reputable Greek scholar has ever rendered it as such. The word simply means "an old man, an elder." He had to have "believing children" (Titus 1:6), and, thus, only older men were qualified.

Catholic officials in their translations of Scripture insert the word "priest" into verses where it does not belong. In the Catholic Rheims Version, Acts 14:23 is translated, "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church..." All reputable Versions of the Scriptures, the King James, New King James, American Standard, New American Standard, etc., render this verse, "And when they had ordained elders in every church..." The word used in the verse is "presbuteros," which mean "elders" and not the word "hiereus" which is "priests." When one checks all the Greek texts, he finds that no variations exist; each contain the word "presbuteros." We can only conclude, therefore, that the Catholic Hierarchy inserted the word "priest" when the word "hiereus" wasn't there!

1 Tim. 5:17,19 - "Let the priests that rule well, be esteemed worthy of double honor...Against a priest receive not an accusation, but under two or three witnesses." (Catholic Rheims Version). This is another devious attempt to give Scriptural support to the Catholic priesthood. In both of the foregoing verses, the word "priest," singular or plural, is a mis-translation. The Greek text used the word "presbuteros" in one of its forms which is correctly rendered, "elder" or "elders."

James 5:14 - "Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in the priest of the church..." (Catholic Rheims Version). Again, the word "presbuteros" is the term used and "elders" is the correct translation. It is abundantly clear that the Catholic Church will stoop to any level, even to the changing of the Word of God, in order to sustain its priesthood.

To summarize regarding New Testament bishops or elders, God commanded that a plurality of them be chosen and appointed in each local church (Acts 14:23; Acts 20:17,28). They had to be married men (1 Tim. 3:2) with believing children (Titus 1:6) and were to oversee only one church (1 Pet. 5:2). These are the only bishops ordained by God in the New Testament and, thus, are the only type which exist with His authority and sanction.

Right Divider

Body part
Catholic officials confuse the present Catholic bishops with the New Testament bishops. Notice the following:

"The Apostles chose men to assist them, imparting to them greater or less powers. Before leaving a place, they chose a successor with full powers (Acts 14:22).
Acts 14:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:22) Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Are you sure about that quote?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Acts 14:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:22) Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Are you sure about that quote?
i just read the bible. i have others doing researches for me

Right Divider

Body part
Ok.

And, according to your belief, it is not just the Catholic Church who is misled, but anyone who has come to a belief contrary to your own, yes?
Do you enjoy being a liar or is it just something that you do out of habit?

I did not say that I was the standard by which to measure the scripture. Your fallacious logic is very clear, as is your attempt to deceive.

glassjester

Do you enjoy being a liar or is it just something that you do out of habit?

I did not say that I was the standard by which to measure the scripture. Your fallacious logic is very clear, as is your attempt to deceive.

I didn't lie. Besides, I asked you if this was true or not.

And I will ask again.

If someone believed the Spirit had led them to a belief that is contrary to your own, would you believe they had made an error, and were actually wrong in their belief that the Spirit had led them?

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't lie. Besides, I asked you if this was true or not.

And I will ask again.

If someone believed the Spirit had led them to a belief that is contrary to your own, would you believe they had made an error, and were actually wrong in their belief that the Spirit had led them?
Once again you use your FALLACIOUS reasoning in an attempt to deceive.

The Spirit of God does not lead anyone to a belief that is incorrect, but it is entirely possible to two people to disagree on scripture.

None of your silly hypothetical's gives any credence to YOUR RCC's supposed role as the source of the one true interpretation.

glassjester

Once again you use your FALLACIOUS reasoning in an attempt to deceive.

I really am not trying to deceive you. I have no desire to deceive or be deceived.

The Spirit of God does not lead anyone to a belief that is incorrect,

I agree!

but it is entirely possible to two people to disagree on scripture.

Ok. Yes, that is very possible, and happens frequently.

None of your silly hypothetical's gives any credence to YOUR RCC's supposed role as the source of the one true interpretation.

This is not a silly hypothetical.
People, both claiming to be led by the Spirit, come to contradictory understandings all the time.

I'm just wondering, when that occurs, how we can really know who's right.

I will ask again. Please try to answer.

If someone, claiming they were led by the Spirit, came to believe something contrary to your own beliefs, would you say that they were not actually led by the Spirit? And that they were wrong in their belief that the Spirit was leading them?

Right Divider

Body part
I really am not trying to deceive you. I have no desire to deceive or be deceived.

I agree!

Ok. Yes, that is very possible, and happens frequently.

This is not a silly hypothetical.
People, both claiming to be led by the Spirit, come to contradictory understandings all the time.

I'm just wondering, when that occurs, how we can really know who's right.

I will ask again. Please try to answer.

If someone, claiming they were led by the Spirit, came to believe something contrary to your own beliefs, would you say that they were not actually led by the Spirit? And that they were wrong in their belief that the Spirit was leading them?
The Word of God is the truth and it's quite clear. I will not play your game.

The RCC is an abomination that has perverted the Word of God from their beginning. If that's where the "spirit" has led you, so be it. But it not the Holy Spirit that is your guide.

P.S. The very reason that God gave us His written Word was so that no one like the RCC could claim to be the one true speaker for God.