the church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But you cludder up the TOL's bandwidth and cause it to jam up. Traffic jams are caused by you and we want to move on to truthville. Pull over if you don't care to get to truth. Your dinky yugo aint gonna make it.

I am trying to show what the church teaches
-you are cluttering my thread with tulip nonsense
-you are creating confusion
-you are confused

Cruciform

Then why do Catholics need them?
Because the seven Deuterocanonical books are the inspired word of God, and have always been part of the Christian biblical canon. The "Bible" used by Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian Church (i.e., the Septuagint) contained them right along with the rest of the Old Testament. Your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect probably "forgot" to mention that fact to you while it was busy misrepresenting the Catholic Church and her teachings. That should certainly give you pause.

God's Truth

Sure they do, for example, prayers for and to the dead---unless you happen to agree with Christ's one historic Church on that point...?

Well we can have hopes and thoughts for even those who have passed.

A person does not have to make a doctrine out of that.

The Catholic church is nothing like the churches in the New Testament times.

They did not put one apostle above the others and say he was taking the place of Jesus.

They did not call each other 'father'.

They did not make "Holy Images", i.e. statues, pictures, and bow to them.

They did not say prayers to Mary and tell people to find Mary to ask her to help them get to Jesus. They didn't tell anyone to pray to Mary.

They did not dig up their dead saints and put them in see through caskets and venerate them.

...and many more things they did not do that the Catholics do.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Then why do Catholics need them?
They need them like they need Mary. "Does the Catholic Church worship Mary?" If you ask any Roman Catholic, they will flat out reject that the church worships Mary or idols. What they will say is that they "venerate" Mary and relics. Well, let's look at the definition of "venerate”. The English word "venerate" comes from the Latin word "veneratus", which means: "worshipped, adored, revered, venerated." So the word "venerate" also means to worship.

Any Gospel that preaches "Jesus and" is a false, misleading and counterfeit Gospel. When I was raised as a Roman Catholic we were taught that the Protestant fold fell away from the truth. I now can see lock, stock and barrel it was Rome that fell away from the truth and it was truly the Reformers who restored the church to the truth of the Gospel, “PROTESTED” all the nonsense Rome added and restored the church to the way it was intended to be by adhering to the Gospel message of salvation through faith alone in Christ alone and his redemptive act on Calvary for all who place faith in Him alone for salvation and not Rome’s heretical additions.

Today I totally reject all RC Marian teachings, including the Immaculate Conception, that Mary was immaculately conceived in the womb of her mother Anne and the Assumption, that Mary was assumed into heaven to be at the side of her Son Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit; some say almost like a 4th person of the Trinity, which is an obvious contradiction or Oxymoron statement! Both teachings are not supported in scripture and both teachings were proclaimed under the RC doctrine of papal Infallibility on matters of faith and morals which I also reject and is another reason I am now a Protestant and No longer a Roman catholic. .

I am a Reformed Protestant now, a Presbyterian and I do not condone the veneration of Mary, because I believe as a Protestant all glory and honor is to God alone. I do not believe in the Rosary or any Marian devotions because there is no biblical basis for it.

Below is a picture of Roman Catholics worshiping the false mary of Roman Catholicism who is not the Mary of the bible, the mother of the earthly Jesus, the Messiah. She is however not free of sin as Rome teaches.

I do not accept the RC teaching of the Immaculate Conception or the Assumption of Mary into Heaven because it is by papal decree under the doctrine of Vatican I and II on papal infallibility which says the pope speaking ex Cathedra from the chair of Peter on matters of faith and morals only can proclaim what Catholics are to believe as truth even if not in scripture. I also do not any longer accept and believe in the authority of the Bishop of Rome, and I renounce my former Roman catholic faith completely!

I now follow the Reformed Confessions which outline what we believe as Reformed Protestants, I subscribe chiefly to the Original Westminster

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
66 books still stands. Theomatics and ivan panin works are too complicated for the catholics here. I did further searches and found much more complicated facts why the 66 book bible is the final complete bible used by the protestants . Just more scientific proofs the common man can't handle but you might want to dig further at http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/forum.php I'm going to move on and accept that the holy spirit is leading the protestants backed by scientific proofs that are in plain view. God is too complicated for the catholics to debunk that their 73 books are the true complete bible. Please don't bore me unless you can truly debunk theses facts. the 66 books are complete and breathed by God himself while this angers the RCC and the Orthos. RCC has been pissed offfor centuries and such a terrible denomination. instead of burning protestants at stake, they use tricks to deceive