the church

God's Truth

:up:

Me either, having been crucified, buried, and risen already.

Chrys thinks "the gates of hell" is Satan attacking his the catholic church. :nono:

The Catholic church must still be in Hell then, because the gates of Hell is about keeping people in it not keeping people out of it.

Jesus is the one who went to Hell in the Spirit and then rose from the dead, the gates could not hold him back.

God's Truth

Straw Man Fallacy (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5). Try again.

I don't lie. The following paragraph is part of an article that explains further the acts Catholics perform.

In both East and West the reverence we pay to images has crystallized into formal ritual. In the Latin Rite the priest is commanded to bow to the cross in the sacristy before he leaves it to say Mass (“Ritus servandus” in the Missal, II, 1); he bows again profoundly “to the altar or the image of the crucifix placed upon it” when he begins Mass (ibid., II, 2); he begins incensing the altar by incensing the crucifix on it (IV, 4), and bows to it every time he passes it (ibid.); he also incenses any relics or images of saints that may be on the altar (ibid.). In the same way many such commands throughout our rubrics show that always a reverence is to be paid to the cross or images of saints whenever we approach them. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07664a.htm

Every time a Catholic walks in a church for Mass, they bow to the altar with the statues and images placed there. This is against God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't lie. The following paragraph is part of an article that explains further the acts Catholics perform.

In both East and West the reverence we pay to images has crystallized into formal ritual. In the Latin Rite the priest is commanded to bow to the cross in the sacristy before he leaves it to say Mass (“Ritus servandus” in the Missal, II, 1); he bows again profoundly “to the altar or the image of the crucifix placed upon it” when he begins Mass (ibid., II, 2); he begins incensing the altar by incensing the crucifix on it (IV, 4), and bows to it every time he passes it (ibid.); he also incenses any relics or images of saints that may be on the altar (ibid.). In the same way many such commands throughout our rubrics show that always a reverence is to be paid to the cross or images of saints whenever we approach them. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07664a.htm

Every time a Catholic walks in a church for Mass, they bow to the altar with the statues and images placed there. This is against God.
Every single time we bow we are bowing to the Maker, you profound idiot.

Cruciform

That is what the pagans say too when they bow before their statues, and the Hindus, and Buddhists, etc.
Your ignorance is showing once again. Buddhists, for example, don't even believe in a personal god, and Hindus believe in 330 million gods! So much for your idiotic claim that they believe in the Judeo-Christian God.

Come back when you're actually a Christian, and you'll be taken a bit more seriously.

Cruciform

In the Latin Rite the priest is commanded to bow TO the cross in the sacristy before he leaves it to say Mass...
Yes, "to" in the specific sense of "toward" (likewise regarding the rest of the paragraph you quoted). Is this what you mean when you claim that Catholics "bow TO statues"?

Every time a Catholic walks in a church for Mass, they bow to the altar with the statues and images placed there.
..."toward" the altar, yes.

This is against God.
Hardly. Try again. :yawn:

God's Truth

Your ignorance is showing once again. Buddhists, for example, don't even believe in a personal god, and Hindus believe in 330 million gods! So much for your idiotic claim that they believe in the Judeo-Christian God.

Come back when you're actually a Christian, and you'll be taken a bit more seriously.

I didn't say what you accuse me of saying. I said the pagans, Hindus, and Buddhists BOW to THEIR OWN statues, and they ALSO say what the Catholics say, they say they are really bowing to the god their statue represents.

God's Truth

Yes, "to" in the specific sense of "toward" (likewise regarding the rest of the paragraph you quoted). Is this what you mean when you claim that Catholics "bow TO statues"?

..."toward" the altar, yes.

Hardly. Try again. :yawn:

PLAINLY the CATHOLICS KNOW they bow in front of the statues.

Plainly and clearly God says not to do that.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your vast ignorance of ecclesiastical history is noted. Thanks for placing it on public display for us. :thumb:
The"us"ain't you.
Protestants were called

13501937_734933956609408_5097658049035038026_n.jpg