The Book of Life & Calvinism

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes and He makes the rules,"...the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:8-9
There still isn't a maverick molecule running loose

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
What is that supposed to mean?

God does not make anyone believe and obey Him. That is not anywhere in the scriptures.
God arranges circumstances. He planned for you to own a bible before you were born. He made sure you were going to own a bible. He arranged a driver's licence department to write you a learner's permit. God arranged the car lot to be at the corner so you can go buy a car. He made sure you had a car to start your job. He arranged the job for you. He created a bank for you to deposit your paycheck. God didn't force you to buy a bible. He arranged a car for you to drive to the book store to buy a bible. He didn't force you to buy a bible. He arranged you to have money to pay for the Bible and now you went home and heard the gospel. He didn't force you to do any of that. He arranged circumstances around you and you responded to your environment. You thought believe cause you read the word. You still have free will, a natural free will bassed only off your desire.
Your heart is so corrupted to the core and you gave yourself all the credit that you did this all on you own.

You LEFT God out. Calvinists gives God the credit for all above. You gave yourself credit for all above. You boasted and still boast on your very post.
That's evil !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God arranges circumstances. He planned for you to own a bible before you were born. He made sure you were going to own a bible. He arranged a driver's licence department to write you a learner's permit. God arranged the car lot to be at the corner so you can go buy a car. He made sure you had a car to start your job. He arranged the job for you. He created a bank for you to deposit your paycheck. God didn't force you to buy a bible. He arranged a car for you to drive to the book store to buy a bible. He didn't force you to buy a bible. He arranged you to have money to pay for the Bible and now you went home and heard the gospel. He didn't force you to do any of that. He arranged circumstances around you and you responded to your environment. You thought believe cause you read the word.
Your heart is so corrupted to the core and you gave yourself all the credit that you did this all on you own.

You LEFT God out. Calvinists gives God the credit for all above. You gave yourself credit for all above. You boasted and still boast on your very post.
That's evil !

It's not evil.
Man has freewill
You're a goofy guy.

Samie

Since AMR has bowed out, my next posts do not expect any response from him. But that does not include anyone who wants to discuss with me.

Here is my observation on AMR's objection made against my position that there is blotting out of names from the book of life. It looks like he doubts the existence of the book of life in heaven leading him to espouse two scenarios: one, the book of life exists but those written there will NEVER be blotted out, and; two, there is no literal book of life in heaven, therefore there could be no literal blotting out of names.

AMR appears to have not yet decided what to believe and teach in this issue relative to the book of life. If he is still wavering between two opinions in this issue, that simply shows he is not yet sure where he stands. And the issue relative to the book of life is, to me, of paramount importance. Why? Because Scriptures say EXPLICITLY that only those whose names are found written in it will be allowed entry into the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27); while those whose names are not found written there will have their portion in the lake of fire(Rev 20:15)!

The book of life therefore is a book on the final destiny of man.

And AMR, at least in this thread, doubts its existence. And that DESPITE the explicit pronouncement of Scriptures to the contrary. Who is one to say there exists no book of life in heaven when Paul said of his co-workers as being written in the book of life (Phil 4:3) and Jesus telling His disciples their names are written in heaven (Luke 10:20)?

More next post . . .
I have started another thread relative to this thread.

God's Truth

God arranges circumstances. He planned for you to own a bible before you were born. He made sure you were going to own a bible. He arranged a driver's licence department to write you a learner's permit. God arranged the car lot to be at the corner so you can go buy a car. He made sure you had a car to start your job. He arranged the job for you. He created a bank for you to deposit your paycheck. God didn't force you to buy a bible. He arranged a car for you to drive to the book store to buy a bible. He didn't force you to buy a bible. He arranged you to have money to pay for the Bible and now you went home and heard the gospel. He didn't force you to do any of that. He arranged circumstances around you and you responded to your environment. You thought believe cause you read the word. You still have free will, a natural free will bassed only off your desire.

That's evil !

You are evil when you say God made me sin.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You are evil when you say God made me sin.
Typical made man thoughts. His arrangements didn't force you into anything. You made the choice based what's around you. If God didn't do anything, you wouldn't even exist. You're still a sinner cause you don't know how to obey

God's Truth

Typical made man thoughts. His arrangements didn't force you into anything. You made the choice based what's around you. If God didn't do anything, you wouldn't even exist. You're still a sinner cause you don't know how to obey

Listen to you, you now admit God does not make us do everything, and that WE MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES.

As for obeying, you just contradicted yourself.

Of course, anyone can obey. Did you ever obey your parents? Did you ever obey the teacher at school? Did you ever obey your boss?

You speak nonsense from Calvin.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Listen to you, you now admit God does not make us do everything, and that WE MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES.

As for obeying, you just contradicted yourself.

Of course, anyone can obey. Did you ever obey your parents? Did you ever obey the teacher at school? Did you ever obey your boss?

You speak nonsense from Calvin.
You're thinking from the rotten core of your heart just as the Bible stated

God's Truth

You obeyed and then got faith
The Christian got faith and then obeyed.
Remember God doing the arrangements?
He made willing

As for me personally, I always believed in God and Jesus. I did not get saved until I started to obey.
There is no scripture which says what you say. There is no scripture anywhere that says God makes us willing.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
As for me personally, I always believed in God and Jesus. I did not get saved until I started to obey.
There is no scripture which says what you say. There is no scripture anywhere that says God makes us willing.
You just admitted you were the elect at or before birth. You're just confused what Calvin meant by God doing the choosing. You ough to be careful in repeating what others say about Calvin and try to find time to read the Bible. You don't really want to run lose and claim God didn't will the writers to write His word called the bible or even create the earth. He didn't stop resting. Saying things like that shows the rottenness of the heart