The Book of Life & Calvinism

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
"A man is not saved against his will, but he is made willing by the operation of the Holy Ghost." ~Charles Spurgeon

God's Truth

You can't see them

Maybe you cannot see? Show me one scripture where someone was saved by the Holy Spirit making someone willing to be saved. Show it now, or concede. Why oh why won't you concede if what you believe is not in the Holy Bible?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you cannot see? Show me one scripture where someone was saved by the Holy Spirit making someone willing to be saved. Show it now, or concede. Why oh why won't you concede if what you believe is not in the Holy Bible?
Maybe but the Bible said his children will see cause they were made willing

Nanja

Maybe but the Bible said his children will see cause they were made willing

Psalm 110:3a
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power.

One is born into the kingdom by New Birth; the New Birth is the Day of His Power!

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Psalm 110:3a
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power.

One is born into the kingdom by New Birth; the New Birth is the Day of His Power!

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

~~~~~

The only way that one can receive the Holy Spirit is by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Nanja

The only way that one can receive the Holy Spirit is by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The Hearing of Faith is God-given Prov. 20:12 and only applies to those who are regenerate, already been born again, Born of God. For Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22!

Remember in Acts 2, the ones that believed were pricked in their heart Acts 2:37; that's evidence that the Holy Spirit was already working His Power in them!

"He that is of God heareth God's words" John 8:47a.

~~~~~

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sons of God - Daughters of Men

Definitely a contrast.
sons contrasted to daughters
god contrasted to men

Or to put another way ....
It was not sons of men taking daughters of men.
It was not sons of god taking daughters of god.

It was sons of god taking daughters of men.

God's Truth

The Hearing of Faith is God-given Prov. 20:12 and only applies to those who are regenerate,
That scripture is talking about God making our eyes and ears.

Read this scripture, it is about God making our mouth.

Exodus 4:11
The LORD said to him, "Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

already been born again, Born of God. For Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22!
That scripture says the fruit of the Spirit is faithfulness.
Remember in Acts 2, the ones that believed were pricked in their heart Acts 2:37; that's evidence that the Holy Spirit was already working His Power in them!
They felt bad about what they did.

"He that is of God heareth God's words" John 8:47a.

~~~~~

That scripture is during the time Jesus walked the earth and God cut off and HARDENED some Jews so they could not hear and be saved. Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel, those are the people who had faith in God before Jesus started his ministry. When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved, even the Jews who were cut off.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.