The Body of Christ Did Not Begin on the Day of Pentecost

Epoisses

Dispensationalism is such an evil and twisted belief system that by seeing every mention of Israel as always ethnic and of the flesh they have actually cut themselves off from the new covenant promise that was only for the house of Judah and Israel. God only sees one Israel and that is the one with a circumcised heart (new birth) that has Christ formed within. Under the old covenant Israel was ethnic and of the flesh. Under the new covenant Israel is spiritual and has the circumcision of Christ made without hands which includes believing Jews and Gentiles.

Epoisses

What was going on the day of Pentecost? Were the children of Israel a special people unto the LORD then?:

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth" (Deut.7:6).​

If that is true then it is clear that the Body of Christ was not in view then because in the Body there is no distinction between the Jew and other nationalities:

"And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all"
(Col.3:10-11).​

In his comments on these verses Norman L. Geisler writes the following:

"In Christ distinctions are removed. These include national distinctions (Greek or Jew...); religious distinctions (circumcised or uncircumcised)..." (Norman L. Geisler, "Colossians," in The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament ed. John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck [Colorado Springs: ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 681).

These facts serve to prove that when the LORD's program for Israel is in view then that program cannot be about the Body of Christ because His two different programs are mutually exclusive. And at Acts 2 the LORD's program toward Israel remains in effect and therefore what was happening on the day of Pentecost had nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

Peter, Paul, John and James were all ethnic Jews who were part of the body of Christ. You can't refute this on your best day.

Jerry Shugart

Dispensationalism is such an evil and twisted belief system that by seeing every mention of Israel as always ethnic and of the flesh they have actually cut themselves off from the new covenant promise that was only for the house of Judah and Israel. God only sees one Israel and that is the one with a circumcised heart (new birth) that has Christ formed within. Under the old covenant Israel was ethnic and of the flesh. Under the new covenant Israel is spiritual and has the circumcision of Christ made without hands.

Why didn't you actually respond to the points I made in my last post to you?

Epoisses

Why didn't you actually respond to the points I made in my last post to you?

Believing Israel was and is part of the body of Christ. The body of Christ or the 'church' was started by ethnic Jews. Believing Jews and Gentiles were all in one church. Unbelieving Jews who rejected Christ stayed in the synagogues. And unbelieving Gentiles who rejected Christ stayed in idolatry.

Jerry Shugart

Peter, Paul, John and James were all ethnic Jews who were part of the body of Christ. You can't refute this on your best day.

You just assume that the Body of Christ was in existence on the day of Pentecost. Peter, James and John were baptized into the Body when the Body came into existence and that could not happen until Israel was temporarily set aside (Ro.11:15). And that had not yet happened on the day of Pentecost.

Epoisses

You just assume that the Body of Christ was in existence on the day of Pentecost. Peter, James and John were baptized into the Body when the Body came into existence and that could not happen until Israel was temporarily set aside (Ro.11:15). And that had not yet happened on the day of Pentecost.

The body of Christ are all those who believe in Christ. Ethnicity doesn't even come into play except for deluded Dispies!

beloved57

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth" (Deut.7:6).

Thats the Body of Christ the Church ! God says the same thing to them here Titus 2:14

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

That word peculiar is the greek word periousios and means:

1. that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions
    1. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession,

. special (one's own):—peculiar.

Jerry Shugart

Thats the Body of Christ the Church !

No, by the context we can see that the reference is NOT to the Body of Christ:

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt" (Deut.7:6-8).​

This concerns the all the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, those same people who were brought out of Egypt. That rules out the idea that the passage at Deut.7:6-8 has anything to do with the Body of Christ.

Epoisses

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt" (Deut.7:6-8).​

This concerns the all the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, those same people who were brought out of Egypt. That rules out the idea that the passage at Deut.7:6-8 has anything to do with the Body of Christ.

Dispensationalists always use OT proof texts to support their separation doctrine which is nowhere to be found in the NT. The NT church had Jews and Gentiles in it who were moving away from law and into grace.

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise - Gal. 3:27-29

beloved57

Yes its the Body of Christ. Gods Love is exclusively in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Love of God here has the definite article. Gods Love for a People must be in Christ Jesus. If u deny this u must declare that God loved a People apart from Christ Jesus which is grave error !

beloved57

Jerry

This concerns the all the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob

No it doesn't it concerns them Loved in Christ Jesus. Only a Chosen remnant according to the election of Grace!

clefty

That new covenant was christened by a toast in a upper room filled only with Jews...not a gentile amongst them...Signed by His blood and sealed by His death the New Covenant age was ushered in...and His people immediately hurried to keep the Sabbath according to the commandment still binding...

Jerry Shugart

The Love of God here has the definite article. Gods Love for a People must be in Christ Jesus. If u deny this u must declare that God loved a People apart from Christ Jesus which is grave error !

You still have not addressed the points which I have made that proves that the LORD's dealing with the nation of Israel is separate and distinct from His dealing with the Body of Christ.

Jerry Shugart

That new covenant was christened by a toast in a upper room filled only with Jews...not a gentile amongst them...Signed by His blood and sealed by His death the New Covenant age was ushered in...and His people immediately hurried to keep the Sabbath according to the commandment still binding...

Are you really this confused? If the New Covenant promised to the nation of Israel is now in force then the following prophecy would already be fulfilled:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

We can know that the house of Israel and house of Judah mentioned in these verses are made up of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That is because their "fathers" are described as being the ones who the LORD brought out of Egypt and broke the covenant and it was the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who did that!

And if the New Covenant spoken of in this passage was fulfilled now then all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would know the LORD now and all of them would be saved and will have had their sins forgiven.

That certainly has not yet happened! It will in the future and when Paul wrote his epistle to the Romans he placed the fulfillment of the New Covenant in the future:

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:26-27).​

Last edited:

beloved57

You still have not addressed the points which I have made that proves that the LORD's dealing with the nation of Israel is separate and distinct from His dealing with the Body of Christ.

Your points are invalid and not scripture. My points are valid. Gods Love is exclusive in Christ to His Church, the Body of Christ ! God only dealt with a remnant in the nation of Israel that He Loved in Christ. That remnant is the Church, the Body of Christ !

beloved57

Are you really this confused? If the New Covenant promised to the nation of Israel is now in force then the following prophecy would already be fulfilled:
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

We can know that the house of Israel and house of Judah mentioned in these verses are made up of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That is because their "fathers" are described as being the ones who the LORD brought out of Egypt and broke the covenant and it was the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who did that!

And if the New Covenant spoken of in this passage was fulfilled now then all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would know the LORD now and all of them would be saved and will have had their sins forgiven.

That certainly has not yet happened! It will in the future and when Paul wrote his epistle to the Romans he placed the fulfillment of the New Covenant in the future:

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:26-27).​

Israel the physical descendants of Abraham are not the Children of God, nor of the Promise made to Abraham Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Epoisses

Unlike you dispensationalists quote verses to support their views. You merely cling to the fables invented by those you follow!

Dispensational Darbyism is a cult and the only thing you can do with a cult member is point out their sin and warn others not to make the same mistake. The body of Christ are all believers, Jew and Gentile alike.

Epoisses

The new covenant was christened by believing Jews and later believing Gentiles were added. Unbelieving Jews and Gentiles were rejected.