That's, Sola Scriptura....

oatmeal

Sola Scriptura meaning ''by scripture alone''.

Plus our creed

Plus Reformed Theology

Plus Calvinism

Plus keeping the sabbath holy

Plus our authority

Plus our buildings

Plus our denomination (which is subject to change)

Plus the free will that we decry, but think we exercise, in choosing all the above.

So what was that you were saying about, by scripture alone?

For those of us who exercise our God given free will and choose to live by scripture only to the best of our present ability, we put off all but that which is scripture.

It takes free will and work to live by scripture alone.

If you are still being largely influenced by your "plus" list, it is because you have not exercised your free will to loose yourself from all that non scriptural stuff.

Hebrews 12:2 is one verse that tells what or rather who to focus on

Of course, maybe you have not been taught how to exercise your free will.

You exercise your free will by choosing with your mind what to think and what to do.

Your best choice is to choose to think and do scripture alone.

iouae

Just like Paul...try reading the first verse of Romans.

Romans 1:1 KJV

And just like Paul I was called and separated to be a servant.

Galatians 1:10 KJV

I know that you have free will because you chose to answer me a few times.

I don't know what spiritual point you are trying to make calling yourself a servant. Arn't we all?

Is one more of a servant by pretending to have no free will?

Truster

For those of us who exercise our God given free will and choose to live by scripture only to the best of our present ability, we put off all but that which is scripture.

It takes free will and work to live by scripture alone.

If you are still being largely influenced by your "plus" list, it is because you have not exercised your free will to loose yourself from all that non scriptural stuff.

Hebrews 12:2 is one verse that tells what or rather who to focus on

Of course, maybe you have not been taught how to exercise your free will.

You exercise your free will by choosing with your mind what to think and what to do.

Your best choice is to choose to think and do scripture alone.

The ''plus list'' is not mine.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sola Scriptura is the idea that the authors of the Bible hold more weight than a man claiming to be God.

It is not an idolatry, or an obsession. It is simply what it is :thumb:

I'm not too fond of people holding up the Bible like an idol, like Osteen's flock for example. That goes a bit far- God is living and current, not bounded by a canon.

Truster

Sola Scriptura is simply the idea that the authors of the Bible hold more weight than a man claiming to be God.

And men formulate creeds and denominational theologies that they have the affront to call the evangelism (gospel). And then they insist on sola scriptura while ignoring the very concept.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
And men formulate creeds and denominational theologies that they have the affront to call the evangelism (gospel). And then they insist on sola scriptura while ignoring the very concept.

That's why I'm Calvinist. The original, true adherent of Sola Scriptura :thumb:

Open theism opened a gateway to a web of heresy that's etched all throughout 1st World gentry. Don't judge real Protestants by them.

Truster

That's why I'm Calvinist. The original, true adherent of Sola Scriptura :thumb:

Open theism opened a gateway to a web of heresy that's etched all throughout 1st World gentry. Don't judge real Protestants by them.

You sound really proud to be a calvinist.

Truster

PS

Doesn't it make you wonder how men survived before 1560 ?

What did men say before they said with pride, ''I'm a calvinist''?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You sound really proud to be a calvinist.

PS

Doesn't it make you wonder how men survived before 1560 ?

I have a lot of zeal for Calvinism. It's obvious by a lot of my posts, really. It's like a reflex :)

I believe that the biblical authors were Calvinistic. They would agree to Calvin's theology if they were scrutinized, I have no doubt. It's simply just there, throughout the entirety of Scripture.

Truster

I have a lot of zeal for Calvinism. It's obvious by a lot of my posts, really. It's like a reflex :)

I believe that the biblical authors were Calvinistic. They would almost certainly agree to Calvin's theology.

You are as disturbed as a man can be. To say that the authors of scripture were calvinists is to say the Holy Spirit is a calvinist. That is as disgusting as it gets.

By the sounds of it you have Roman Catholic roots.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
By the sounds of it you have Roman Catholic roots.

Actually

You're right about that. I was a born Catholic- just goes to show you how powerful those rites are :rolleyes:

I'll be happy the day the Roman Church canonizes a non-Catholic as a saint.
If they can do that, I will be satisfied. Until then- they are the Idolatress of Babylon as demanded by Luther and Calvin.

Truster

Actually

You're right about that. I was a born Catholic- just goes to show you how powerful those rites are :rolleyes:

I'll be happy the day the Roman Church canonizes a non-Catholic as a saint.
If they can do that, I will be satisfied. Until then- they are the Idolatress of Babylon as demanded by Luther and Calvin.

Out of one disgusting cult and straight into another.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Out of one disgusting cult and straight into another.

Your open theism- it's the most ridiculous concoction of belief to ever exist among man. At least Catholicism makes an attempt, I'll give them that.

Tulip is the Gospel, Broskillet :)

Reactions: Lon

Truster

Your open theism- it's the most ridiculous concoction of belief to ever exist among man. At least Catholicism makes an attempt, I'll give them that.

Tulip is the Gospel, Broskillet :)

Open theism? I'd have to look it up, but I have no reason to do so.

The pope is infallible and then one small step to tulip is the evangelism. Disgusting doctrines from disgusting murderous cults.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Open theism? I'd have to look it up, but I have no reason to do so.

The pope is infallible and then one small step to tulip is the evangelism. Disgusting doctrines from disgusting murderous cults.

'Free will' is the mechanism which leads to the perceived bishopric power of the historical church.

It's a bastardization of the truth

Calvinism is a revocation of human control- you are secured without the influence of someone else telling you otherwise, because one's salvation is immune to bias.

The fact of the matter is that you didn't choose your own identity. You are as predestined as a buzz from a 40 ounce.
Prove me wrong :idunno:

Truster

'Free will' is the mechanism which leads to the perceived bishopric power of the historical church.

It's a bastardization of the truth

Calvinism is a revocation of human control- you are secured without the influence of someone else telling you otherwise, because one's salvation is immune to bias.

The fact of the matter is that you didn't choose your own identity. You are as predestined as a buzz from a 40 ounce.
Prove me wrong :idunno:

At 10:30am on Saturday 17th July 1999 I was converted. I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved. I am walking, talking, living proof of the predetermined sovereign will of the Eternal Almighty.