Texas' HB2: Has 2 Backfire

lifeisgood

Every law is a legislation of morality. Even speed limit laws. A speed limit is someone's view that it is immoral to drive faster than this particular speed on this particular road.

A legislation of a law does not make it moral. Morality cannot be legislated.

1 Timothy 1:9-11 --- We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

lifeisgood

so murder should not be illegal?

Where did I say that?

I said morality cannot be legislated.

If morality could be legislated then enacting laws would cause ALL people not to murder, for example. Have you seen the news lately?

The enacting a 'thou shalt not murder' law does nothing to stop the immoral act of murdering another human being.

lifeisgood

Morality has to be legislated in the heart and only Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary can produce the moral heart and the legislation in that heart, which will produce in turn, moral acts.

lifeisgood

it was a question
and
I will ask it again

should murder be legal?

Absolutely not!

However, I personally do not need sinful men to enact a law telling me 'thou shalt not murder.' The only reason sinful men, IMO, need to enact laws is because sinful men rejects totally and completely God's laws, even the ones written in their hearts. Humanity has an aversion for anything that has to do with God; therefore, by enacting laws men think that they know better than God.

If EVERY single person in the world went by what God says in His Laws --- not only one law but all His laws --- then we would not need to be enacting laws that do nothing to impede the murdering of someone else. How many murders have occurred just this year alone? Did the enactment of any of the laws in the books impede, stop, etc. any of these?

Morality cannot be legislated.

lifeisgood

After 40 years of murder being legalized and 56 million victims, I guess you republicrats have to do something so that you'll feel better about yourselves.

Since when is abortion a democratic or republican issue?

Abortion is a moral issue.

We have, through abortion, already murdered the next generation.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The cliche, "You can't legislate morality" is usually said by liberals to Christians, implying "You Christians should just stay out of politics and let us liberals make all the laws because, after all, you can't legislate morality."

lifeisgood

The cliche, "You can't legislate morality" is usually said by liberals to Christians, implying "You Christians should just stay out of politics and let us liberals make all the laws because, after all, you can't legislate morality."

There is nothing, at least in my Bible, that says that a Christian cannot get involved in politics.

However, I believe that to be a politician, that Christian would have to compromise his beliefs in God with the 'against God' world's beliefs and that in my Bible is a no-no and that is why I am not a politician.

Morality cannot be legislated. Morality is a thing of the heart and only Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary can give a man/woman a moral heart.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Morality cannot be legislated. Morality is a thing of the heart and only Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary can give a man/woman a moral heart.
Do you actually believe there is anyone on this forum who thinks that any law has the power to magically change someone's heart into a moral person?

As chrysostom said,
looks like you will win this argument you are having with yourself

lifeisgood

and you don't have a clue as to what to do about it

The solution would be that instead of murdering her own child, a woman would not do that.

How about adoption? Could not there be ways to help a woman who is unable to take care of a child, for whatever reason, be given the opportunity to have the child gifted to a couple who desperately want a child and cannot conceive?

There are many solutions; however, sinful men/women want things against God's way. This pregnancy is inconvenient to me, let me just get rid of this inconvenience.

The law has given us women the right to murder the nonperson that is gestating inside us, nonperson according to the law of sinful men and women legislating morality, as if God is not taking notes:

(1) If the nonperson is inside the woman, you the woman have the right to murder it.

(2) If a man/woman murders the woman with a nonperson inside and the woman dies and ALSO the nonperson dies inside or outside the woman, then that person that murdered mom and nonperson, is charged with murdering two (2) living, breathing, human beings. If the nonperson inside the mom is a nonperson, why charge the murderer with two murders?

(3) If the nonperson inside the mom's womb is at less up to 20 weeks a woman has been given the 'right' by morality enacted laws to murder her own child.

(4) If a nonperson is prematurely born, meaning the nonperson is outside the woman's womb, let us not murder it, as the nonperson inside the mom’s womb as if by magic has become all of a sudden a living, breathing person outside the mom's womb, as if inside the womb of the mom, was dead and not breathing, let us use every single resource available at the closest hospital with such capabilities to do everything that can be done for that now living, breathing person outside the womb of the woman so that that now human can continue living.

We as women have been given the ‘right’ to murder our own children because someone decided, and society allowed it, and women have swallowed the lie of the Devil, hook, line, and sinker, that, that that, that is inside her womb, is not a baby, is just a blob, is not a child, is just a fetus, is not a human, is just a nonperson; therefore, I, woman have been given the 'right' by legislation to murder my own child.

Do you have the solution?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since when is abortion a democratic or republican issue?

Take a look at their party platforms (one is pro abortion, one is pro life).
http://www.democrats.org/
http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/

Abortion is a moral issue.

We have, through abortion, already murdered the next generation.

While the republicrats say that they're pro life, when they had the opportunity to do something about it (Republican President and a Republican controlled Congress), they did nothing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

While the republicrats say that they're pro life, when they had the opportunity to do something about it (Republican President and a Republican controlled Congress), they did nothing.

that is a lie
or
you just don't know what you are talking about

it only takes 41 democrats to block a conservative judge
and
the democrats always had that

look what they did to Thomas

we were lucky to get Roberts and Alito

Christian Liberty

Every law is a legislation of morality. Even speed limit laws. A speed limit is someone's view that it is immoral to drive faster than this particular speed on this particular road.

Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Speed limit laws are crap.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. That said, Biblically the only morality that should be enforced is when an action has a victim (Proverbs 3:30.) Obviously theocratic ancient Israel was the long exception to this.

Remember Ron Paul's sanctity of life act? Morons like you opposed it. That's why nothing was done during that period.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And in the meantime, abortions have declined markedly. Not by law, but by the efforts of hundreds of thousands of people who have been out there helping people to understand abortion and it's consequences.

A political party won't save those kids. Bringing God to people will.

That simple.