ECT Statement of Faith

Danoh

It sounds good to me. But most theology is over my head. I just stick to the KJV Bible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Theology is basically the study of the things of God.

And there are all sorts of approaches to that that one can often actually learn one thing or another from, of good use, in one's own study of the Scripture.

Thing is, not to over rely on any, over the Scripture itself.

Isaiah 8:20; Matt. 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16,17.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

God's Truth

Every one of those terms you used carries "freight".

Then that should pose no reason for your next questions.

Jesus of Nazareth. Who was He? What makes Him significant? The question of who He was obviously was important - He asked it Himself. What makes Him able to save? Why do I need saving? What happens if I don't get saved? What is this Holy Spirit you talk about? What is repentance all about?

God's Truth

This particular group's said mission is to evangelize (proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ), thus the need for them to formally reveal their foundational beliefs that give them Christian authority and credibility to so do.
You chose who gives credibility? Everyone needs to search the scriptures to see if what they are told is true, not turn to you and your false teachers.
You have revealed your beliefs with a multitude of public statements on this site, which most members have surely read, and it helps those of us who carefully discern statements of faith,

You try hard to make your unbiblical statement of faith article true by making a discussion and debate a statement of faith.

You need to stop twisting what is the truth.

to understand why and how your legalistic, and works-oriented gospel message does not accord with the Scriptural Gospel of Grace.
You put down the words of Jesus Christ and those who obey them.

IOW's your statements do not match the true biblical Gospel, which accordance is imperative as to whether others should follow your words and ways, or not.

I can prove my beliefs by showing you scriptures. You cannot show your beliefs from the scriptures. You cannot even prove a statement of faith is scriptural.

You are in a bad place. Show where God saves unbelievers, as John Calvin teaches. Show where in the Bible we are to make statements of faith and show which scriptures tell us what to put in these statements of faith.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You admitted that the gospel carries freight. Because of the greatness it speaks of.

It is self explanatory that is what I mean. What kinds of questions would one need to ask, and how would a statement of faith answer all questions? How would a statement of faith give all answers?

Most Statements of Faith are purposed to ward off error and heresy.

A good Confession of Faith will include stated beliefs as well as denial of wrong beliefs. Example: The Canons of Dordt

Last edited:

God's Truth

You didn't mention, the RESURRECTION, once.

Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Vs. that.

I said Jesus is alive in heaven. That is NOT 'vs'. You are making a good point until you say 'vs'.

Jesus being alive in heaven is not against Jesus rising from the dead.

nikolai_42

You admitted that the gospel carries freight. Because of the greatness it speaks of.

It is self explanatory that is what I mean. What kinds of questions would one need to ask, and how would a statement of faith answer all questions?

I asked the questions that come out of your treatment of the gospel. In other words, the terms may have certain clear meanings in some sense, but those are the kinds of questions people ask and the plain scriptures beg. If someone asked you all those questions, how would you answer?

EDIT : And even if they didn't ask, aren't they important distinctions to be made?

EDIT 2 : Do you think Paul spent all his time reasoning with people in the synagogues etc... by just reciting scripture and one-line directions over and over again (e.g. repent and be baptized)?

Last edited:

God's Truth

I asked the questions that come out of your treatment of the gospel. In other words, the terms may have certain clear meanings in some sense, but those are the kinds of questions people ask and the plain scriptures beg. If someone asked you all those questions, how would you answer?

EDIT : And even if they didn't ask, aren't they important distinctions to be made?

EDIT 2 : Do you think Paul spent all his time reasoning with people in the synagogues etc... by just reciting scripture and one-line directions over and over again (e.g. repent and be baptized)?

Now you are getting many things mixed up.

There is the gospel.
There is teaching.
There is debating.

And none of those things are a statement of faith.