Spiritual Israel

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I'm pretty sure Madists have forgotten altogether that the Antichrist will come from one of the Jewish tribes- it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they will interpret this man as their awaited messiah, despite that it's never been talked about in any primary Christian communion.

Or... Maybe from one of the two son's of Abraham...

Islam?

What is your deal with the Jews?.... Wait... hold the phone! You just admitted that there are still True Jews! Granted it was ant-Semitic as usual... but now it's quoted.

: )

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Or... Maybe from one of the two son's of Abraham...

Islam?

What is your deal with the Jews?.... Wait... hold the phone! You just admitted that there are still True Jews! Granted it was ant-Semitic as usual... but now it's quoted.

: )

They are Jewish by practice, not by race.

Even by the standard of Judaism, they are all graphed in the same way the Catholic Church brings in it's laity.

And
I doubt Islam has anything to do with Revelation. They are not really a considerable force- the mere existence of Christianity alone nulls much of their influence.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
They are Jewish by practice, not by race.

Even by the standard of Judaism, they are all graphed in the same way the Catholic Church brings in it's laity.

And
I doubt Islam has anything to do with Revelation. They are not really a considerable force- the mere existence of Christianity alone annuls much of their influence.

Rotfl!!!!

Ottoman Empire.... Islamic territories make up the geography of the Beast.

Anti Messiah

Beheadings

False Prophet

Anti Israel

Eschatology is 180 degrees out from ours....

#Crucible the Great speaks again...
# Long, Sorrowful Sigh

"Stands in the temple of God"... that's Jesus

Research their Isa!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rotfl!!!!

Ottoman Empire.... Islamic territories make up the geography of the Beast.

Anti Messiah

Beheadings

False Prophet

Anti Israel

Eschatology is 180 degrees out from ours....

#Crucible the Great speaks again...
# Long, Sorrowful Sigh

They were a force during the Crusades, no doubt. That's just plain history.

But
They are now a small army out in the desert plotting pea shots at 1st World countries. The greatest influence they have is among liberals who are using them to perpetuate their agenda against Christians.
When it comes down to it, however, they are defending a religion that is militantly opposed to all their values, and so it's all really just nonsense.

Islam will be a thorn in the worlds side until the End- it doesn't mean that they have a direct role in Revelation.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
They were a force during the Crusades, no doubt. That's just plain history.

But
They are now a small army out in the desert plotting pea shots at 1st World countries. The greatest influence they have is among liberals who are using them to perpetuate their agenda against Christians.
When it comes down to it, however, they are defending a religion that is militantly opposed to all their values, and so it's all really just nonsense.

Islam will be a thorn in the worlds side until the End- it doesn't mean that they have a direct role in Revelation.

Who is the true "temple" of YHWH?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Islam is the direct result of Abraham's sin- instead of consulting God, he chose to have a child by another woman in his haste and was forced to send him and his mother off from their own home.

That is what Islam is- an echo from the past coming back and biting us.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Islam is the direct result of Abraham's sin- instead of consulting God, he chose to have a child by another woman in his haste and was forced to send him and his mother off from their own home.

That is what Islam is- an echo from the past coming back and biting us.

Sounds pretty Scriptural to me

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Research their true Eschatology.

They didn't crucify Christ and then, 2000 years later, nonetheless call Christ a heretic. The Jews have more influence than the Muslims, and you're a prime example of that- while they debase Christian culture in the media, you're off calling them God's chosen.

You're a moron to be frank, who moves in step with worldly bias. Just as the liberals use Islam to perpetuate against Christians, so to do you all use Jews to perpetuate against Christians.

See the picture? It's oil based, ready to catch fire :wave2:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
They didn't crucify Christ and then, 2000 years later, nonetheless call Christ a heretic. The Jews have more influence than the Muslims, and you're a prime example of that- while they debase Christian culture in the media, you're off calling them God's chosen.

You're a moron to be frank, who moves in step with worldly bias. Just as the liberals use Islam to perpetuate against Christians, so to do you all use Jews to perpetuate against Christians.

See the picture? It's oil based, ready to catch fire :wave2:

That's the intellectually amazing, scholarly reply I expected from [MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION].

#Wow

What about Fire? Your Strawman?
#... Burnt to the ground.

# More-on [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION] ... I like it.

Last edited:

clefty

How about I cease Sarcasm to you for a time. You are fighting one of the strongest dogmas there are. It takes immense courage to question a large majority that you are part of.

Internet Prayer...

"Jesus, please bless Clefty as he searches you out passionately... with every fiber of his being. He exalts you above ALL Earthly and Spiritual things. If he ever has the desire to leave his theological brethren... please scoop Him up with the Love of many of Your "Homeless" children. If he stays amongst them, please let Him be Your light of Grace.

We exalt you above EVERYTHING Jesus, to the glory of the Father.

Amen."

# Peace, my brother in Jesus.

Ummm...thanks?

I do exalt Him above all earthly things...especially traditions and dogmas of men

Such as Darby and Scoffield and other counter reformationists...

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ummm...thanks?

I do exalt Him above all earthly things...especially traditions and dogmas of men

Such as Darby and Scoffield and other counter reformationists...

Amen! Me too.

I'm an old 66 ball and chain man. : )

I know... you think that was weird... but I knew what you just said... before you said it. I'm not just being a sarcastic pain... I'm listening,Clefty.

Peace.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I found a wonderful article on why this false doctrine was created. It was written over 6 years ago by a very bright man.

Spoiler
When some of the early church leaders saw Jerusalem destroyed in the second Jewish revolt (A.D. 132-135) and the Jews excluded from Jerusalem upon penalty of death, they reasoned that the nation of Israel was apparently beyond any hope of recovery. Tertullian wrote:

"The Jews are scattered wanderers, excluded from their own land of Judea; this shows how they erred and forsook their calling, and how Judaism has been, therefore, superceded by Christianity" (The Apology).

These Gentile converts saw the condition of Israel, destroyed and seemingly beyond any hope of recovery, and reasoned that they would never be restored, in spite of the clear Revelation from God that ethnic Israel has not been cast away. Tertullian was not alone in this belief, as witnessed by the words of Justin Martyr in his conversation with the Jew Trypho:

"For the prophetical gifts remain with us, even at the present time. And hence you ought to understand that [the gifts] formerly among your nation have been transferred to us" (Dialogue of Justin with Trypho, a Jew, Chapter 82).

These men ASSUMED that God had cast away Israel. Their false belief was not based on the Scriptures but instead on what they saw and reasoned had happened.

Noted church historian W.H.C. Frend observes that with this second fall of Jerusalem, "all hope of a restored Temple and Holy City now faded, and the Jews were thrown on to the defensive. The reference of the prophecies to an earthly restoration of the Jewish kingdom and Messiah in the form of a deliverer from Rome rule had to be abandoned" ("The Old Testament in the Age of the Greek Apologists A.D.130-180"; Scottish Journal of Theology, 26).

Because the early Gentile Christians did not believe that national Israel would be restored they were left with a problem. How could they explain the following verses:

"And I saw another angel ascending from the east…Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel" (Rev. 7: 2-4).

According to their ideas the reference to "Israel" here could not be speaking of a restored nation of Israel so they reasoned that these verses must be in respect to the Church, which is His Body. They assumed that God had forever cast away national Israel, and the church had taken her place. Cyprian stated his belief that "the Jews, according to what had been foretold, had departed from God, and had lost God's favor while the Christians succeeded to their place" (Cyprian, Treatise 12-Three Books of Testimony Against the Jews).

So we can see that some of the people in the early church put what they saw with their eyes ABOVE what the Scriptures actually say. That explains how the false teaching that the Church is "spiritual Israel" came into existence.

In His grace,

I bet if you ask [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] who wrote this article really nicely... he might just know the author.

Epoisses

All throughout his writings Paul contrasts the spirit and the flesh and Israel is no different. Circumcision was central to this understanding. Circumcision was an outward sign of the flesh that marked someone as a Jew or a member of Israel. This was first given to Abraham the father of the faithful as a sign of the covenant between him and God. Paul addresses this in Romans 4 where Abraham was given the sign of circumcision for the faith he had while still being uncircumcised. Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. Now to those that work for righteousness the reward is one of debt and not of grace. But to those who give up working for righteousness their faith is counted for righteousness that it might be by grace to the end that the promise might be sure to all the seed. So we see that the cutting of the flesh was just a sign and not the real thing. The real circumcision was the faith that was found in Abraham. The OT law bears this out when Moses said the LORD your God will circumcise your heart that you may love him with all your heart and soul Deut. 30:6. A new heart or being born again is what God desires and this is why Jesus rebuked Nicodemus saying you are a master of Israel and do not know these things? He should have known because it was found in the law.

Verily, verily I say unto you, except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirt. A new spiritual birth means we are a brand new person with a new name, a new mother, a new father and a whole new family tree. The father of Israel was born into this world as Jacob the deceiver but after conversion he was given the name of Israel or the prince of God. Saul which means desirable was born into this world as a Pharisee of the tribe of Benjamin but after conversion he was called Paul which means small or little and was adopted into the Israel of God. Paul had been humbled and had become small in his own eyes after seeing the glory of Christ who knocked him off his proverbial high horse. Paul is an interesting study because he was both part of Israel of the flesh and Israel of the spirit. He counted his fleshly inheritance as dung compared to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ through whom he suffered the loss of all things. Gentiles can never claim to be part of Israel of the flesh but we can and must claim our eternal inheritance that is the promise of the new testament reserved for the Israel of God.

For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ you have only one father for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Christ is the spiritual father of all those who are born again so who would be our mother? But the Jerusalem above is free and the mother of us all Gal. 4:26. Our spiritual mother is the heavenly Jerusalem which is symbolized by the new or everlasting covenant that was first communicated to Abraham. The new Jerusalem is not just a city in heaven it is also the bride of Christ or his people here on earth. We have been adopted into Israel and just as there were tribes of the flesh so also there are tribes of the Spirit. The tribes of the 144,000 are the tribes of spiritual Israel. Each of the men who started the original tribes had a peculiar character. Simeon and Levi were aggressive and hostile while Joseph was meek and lowly. We fall into the tribes based on our character type not blood type. Jesus said that the twelve disciples would sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. The disciples were either from Judah or Benjamin of the flesh which leaves ten tribes unaccounted for. Benjamin cannot judge Issachar or Zebulon so the twelve disciples were spiritual heads of the twelve tribes with each disciple falling into a separate tribe. The twelve foundations of the new Jerusalem each contain the name of one of the disciples or apostles aka the twelve tribes of Israel.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm pretty sure Madists have forgotten altogether that the Antichrist will come from one of the Jewish tribes- it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they will interpret this man as their awaited messiah, despite that it's never been talked about in any primary Christian communion.

Yes,

an Islam antichrist will not fool the Christians.

The Askenazi Jews (Trumps entourage)certainly will and presently do.

The voters have been conned once again.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is an interesting study because he was both part of Israel of the flesh and Israel of the spirit. He counted his fleshly inheritance as dung compared to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ through whom he suffered the loss of all things. Gentiles can never claim to be part of Israel of the flesh but we can and must claim our eternal inheritance that is the promise of the new testament reserved for the Israel of God.

Exactly,

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

clefty

Exactly,

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Maybe if we started acting more like the church in the wilderness was expected to...you know, we would look more like true citizens...

I mean Paul did say the wall which was destroyed was between Jew and Ger not Israel and Ger...

Even in that church in the wilderness there were many not of Jacob...they too were saved from Egypt were given protections...provisions...oh and rest...

Hmmm Jacob...was his first name...it became Israel representing something spiritual in nature...from the beginning...and then came Judah...and sold his brother Joseph down the river...

It remains spiritual...Yahushua did say His Father so loved the world...not just Jews...