Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yep. Paul says the Gospel of the grace of God is, itself, the power of God unto salvation. That means what God wants to be believed unto salvation can be believed and will save any who believes it, no matter what language it's translated into because the Message itself is the power, not any particular translation of the message.

Now, Nang indicates her belief that we're unsaved. Probably because, in her mind, if we're elect God just hasn't zapped us yet. So she can say we're unregenerates now, despite our belief in the Gospel. If God chooses to zap us, then we'll be saved. She can't say it won't happen because no Calvinist can say who is and isn't elect or when God will zap those He elects to zap.

But PPS goes far beyond that. He believes that if one lacks the knowledge which, of everyone on TOL, only he possesses, one cannot be saved even if he/she has believed "the power of God unto salvation." He's already affirmed this several times about us all. That means he believes the Gospel is subsidiary to the "deeper knowledge" such as he possesses, which knowledge is real reason he is saved and we are not.

That's truly into the deep weeds of Jim Jones guru type cultism, on top of it also being a false gospel.

Excellent post. My compliments.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So the Bible alone does not contain, at the very least, the saving Gospel? Can one be saved knowing nor caring for a lick of Greek but with just a Bible?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ alone has the power to save, not bibles.

Accumulating some knowledge of the original Greek language, enables one to discern whether the bible they are studying, or the teacher they listen to, or their friends who profess faith in Christ, are all truly conveying the Truth of God in their witness.

I John 4:1-6

Nang

TOL Subscriber
John 3:16 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

16 [a]For God so loveth the world, that He hath given His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Footnotes:

a.John 3:16 Nothing else but the free love of the Father, is the beginning of our salvation, and Christ is He in whom our righteousness and salvation is resident: and faith is the instrument or mean whereby we apprehend it, and life everlasting is that which is set before us to apprehend.

https://www.amazon.com/Geneva-Bible...8&qid=1466813096&sr=8-4&keywords=Geneva+Bible

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
Geneva Bible, 1599 Edition. Published by Tolle Lege Press.

I'm sure GM had no knowledge of this excellent edition of Holy Scripture, even existed(s) . . .

His loss.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Accumulating some knowledge of the original Greek language, enables one to discern whether the bible they are studying, or the teacher they listen to, or their friends who profess faith in Christ, are all truly conveying the Truth of God in their witness.

The "Grace Gospel" IS the written WORD of God. Unless we HEAR the Gospel and believe, we cannot be saved. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So the Bible alone does not contain, at the very least, the saving Gospel? Can one be saved knowing nor caring for a lick of Greek but with just a Bible?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ alone has the power to save, not all that might be printed in various bibles.

Exhortations being:

Accumulating some knowledge of the original Greek language, enables one to discern whether the bible they are studying, or the teacher they listen to, or their friends who profess faith in Christ, are all truly conveying the Truth of God in their witness of the Gospel.

musterion

Where do we find the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which alone has the power to save?

PPS said we're unsaved even though we (MADs) all believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 for ourselves. It is his knowledge, which we lack, that is keeping us unsaved, according to him -- because we believe the same saving Gospel he says he believes, yet he insists we're not saved.

So the only difference between he and we is his knowledge. Not having it can be the only reason we aren't saved. There's no difference otherwise.

Do you agree with him on that?

musterion

I want to make sure you're clear on this, Nang, before you answer.

I quoted 1 Cor 15:1-4 and asked PPS if that's the saving Gospel. He said yes, it is. I know you believe that it is, too.

Yet he insists we're not saved DESPITE our having believed it.

He says he is not a Calvinist like you, so presumably he doesn't simply believe we're not saved yet because we're not yet regenerated (if we're slated to be regenerated) as I believe you do.

He doesn't believe we're saved AT ALL.

That would indicate, would it not, that he doesn't REALLY believe it's the power of God unto salvation...since we are unsaved even though we, too, have believed it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Gospel of Jesus Christ alone has the power to save, not all that might be printed in various bibles.

Exhortations being:

Accumulating some knowledge of the original Greek language, enables one to discern whether the bible they are studying, or the teacher they listen to, or their friends who profess faith in Christ, are all truly conveying the Truth of God in their witness of the Gospel.

There's only one Gospel today and that is, "The Grace Gospel" that was given to the Apostle Paul by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Where do we find the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which alone has the power to save?

Greatly and best learned through the study of Covenant Theology!

From Genesis to Revelation . . . the Gospel is the promise of a "Seed" who would remedy the fall, to Eve in Genesis 3:15.

PPS said we're unsaved even though we (MADs) all believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 for ourselves.

That much might be enough to save, but it is MAD's rejection of almost all the rest of God's word being gospel that indicates unbelief.

It is his knowledge, which we lack, that is keeping us unsaved, according to him -- because we believe the same saving Gospel he says he believes, yet he insists we're not saved.

Repeated answer as above . . .

So the only difference between he and we is his knowledge. Not having it can be the only reason we aren't saved. There's no difference otherwise.

Do you agree with him on that?

It is your refusal to be willing to learn and gain knowledge; thereby protecting the knowledge you have, that indicates you do not really possess a hunger and thirst for Truth at all.

And your eager animosity shown against others, who have different callings in life (e.g. linguists such as PPS) makes you appear to be an enemy of the believing children and church body of God.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Has nothing at all to do with theology. You're lying and you know you're lying.

I have never had and do not have mutliple accounts with multiple screen names on TOL (since that seems to be what you're referring to).

So it is you who is the egregious liar. Whoever this dialm is, it's not me. I haven't even ever seen that member's posts in a thread.

The Mods (or Knight) should be able to check IP addresses. It would be extremely rare for IPs to be the same in the same region.

I'll get back to the last few posts in a bit.

No need for you to be a liar and call me one when I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.