Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I'm just gonna keep spammin' up this spammy thread. :eek: Don't mind if I do. ;)
Spoiler
250 During the first centuries the Church sought to clarify her Trinitarian faith, both to deepen her own understanding of the faith and to defend it against the errors that were deforming it. This clarification was the work of the early councils, aided by the theological work of the Church Fathers and sustained by the Christian people's sense of the faith.
Spoiler
251 In order to articulate the dogma of the Trinity, the Church had to develop her own terminology with the help of certain notions of philosophical origin: "substance," "person" or "hypostasis," "relation" and so on. In doing this, she did not submit the faith to human wisdom, but gave a new and unprecedented meaning to these terms, which from then on would be used to signify an ineffable mystery, "infinitely beyond all that we can humanly understand."
Spoiler
252 The Church uses (I) the term "substance" (rendered also at times by "essence" or "nature") to designate the divine being in its unity, (II) the term "person" or "hypostasis" to designate the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the real distinction among them, and (III) the term "relation" to designate the fact that their distinction lies in the relationship of each to the others.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm#249

john w

Hall of Fame
Tell him you'll shine his head for a dollar.

He's a poser, acting like a tough guy, critiquing what others look like, while not having the b____ to put up his pic. It's quite convenient, and wimpy. Seen it often-I know the type. He probably was beat up in grade school, high school, if he went.

musterion

You guys have a COMPLETE double-standard with regards to who gets to define what words mean.

They win zero arguments if they can't rule up front what words mean and when. Put them up against any dispensationalist on this board with what the Bible simply says, in context, and they fold up like a cheap card table. Example: "world," "all," "loved," "whosoever." They'll go to great lengths to establish a priori (from their own Augustinian assumptions) that those words cannot mean what they plainly say.

It's a gnostic cult that adds to and takes from God's Word at will.

Right Divider

Body part
Now all you have to do is define "distinct" in the manner befitting the Trinity doctrine.

If Nang's terminology is ever in any way even marignally incorrect, I know she will rescind any such term.

All you've done is attempt to present word definitions that you've never known and are just now accessing. This is like a 2nd-grader looking up brand new vocab and presuming to know every facet of meaning with cataphatic and apophatic comparison and contrast to all other related and inter-related terms.

This is no place for you to be, sub-sub-sub-sub-novice wannabe.
I'm not the slightest bit intimidated by your "superiority".

It's very easy to see that the word "individuation" contains DIVIDE as part of the word.

Yet, is anyone ELSE uses a term like that to describe the F/S/HS.... you go ballasitic.

Double-standard it is then.

musterion

Are you bald, punk? I know the type.

I'll bet real money he's something like this.

neo-reformed.jpg

Except not well groomed and full of Cheeto crumbs.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They win zero arguments if they can't rule up front what words mean and when. Put them up against any dispensationalist on this board with what the Bible simply says, in context, and they fold up like a cheap card table. Example: "world," "all," "loved," "whosoever." They'll go to great lengths to establish a priori (from their own Augustinian assumptions) that those words cannot mean what they plainly say.

It's a gnostic cult that adds to and takes from God's Word at will.

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.