Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Here's a link to a PDF on the Missouri Synod's take on water baptism, quoted below. It is referring to a water ritual, showing that conservative Lutherans are baptismal salvationists:
In and through Baptism, God cleanses us from all of our sins, snatches us from the power of Satan, and gives us everlasting life. It is all God’s doing as He gives us His blessing. It is His promise. In Baptism, our Triune God imparts to each of us personally the gifts the Lord Jesus Christ won for the world through His life, suffering, death, and resurrection.
The above is under the curse of Galatians 1:8-9.
Is this not a blasphemous denial of the deity of our LORD?

musterion

PPS (As a devout Lutheran) seems to not place much faith in the Holy Spirit to give us the ability to understand Scripture.

I do believe trustworthy commentaries have value. But an overreliance on the commentariat, at the expense of actually studying the Word for oneself, indicates something is wrong. Doesn't mean they're not saved, but it does mean something isn't right (yet). In my case, it was just words on a page because I did not see the revelation of the secret -- it just didn't make sense but I knew there was NO WAY I could live up to the teachings of the four Gospels, which is where I was told to focus my life around. Thankfully, now I know why I couldn't.

musterion

Get with the program in Romans through Philemon!

If Lutherans did that, they'd have to give up the salvific effect of their water baptism. So would everyone else who practices it. There is NOT ONE baptizing church or denomination ANYWHERE that doesn't think their ritual impacts your standing with God, in some sense. That's why they do it. Some are just more honest about that than others.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
obama_s_take_on_the_baltimore_riots_big-cr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.