Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

Paul suffered all of those things first. We'll follow his example, thanks.

Paul was martyred for Him long before they were. We'll follow his example, thanks.

Paul taught all that first. We'll admire Paul's example, thanks.
Right, and yet it seems like you guys don't like to read much about any Christians who have gone on before us. Their testimonies are powerful. The life of Tyndale for example, who translated the bible into English and died for it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A student of the Reformation, Calvin, Luther, Beza, Melachthon, et al.

Ever been in prison, tried in a court of law, chased throughout raw, open country, all in the name of Christ?

Ever read about the multitude of martyrs who died for the sake of speaking for Him? Many of the Reformation did just that.

I'll proclaim the Sovereignty of God and the Attributes of God as told by Scripture and Christians whom I actually admire.

None of those "individual's" had a personal encounter with the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ and was given the Gospel (The Grace Gospel) by which we are saved.

musterion

Right, and yet it seems like you guys don't like to read much about any Christians who have gone on before us. Their testimonies are powerful. The life of Tyndale for example, who translated the bible into English and died for it.

Who said we never do?

But that's beside the point.

The point is 1 Thess 1:6, 1 Cor 4:16, 11:1, Phil 3:17.

You're free to extend that injunction to the likes of Spurgeon, Pink and Sproul if you choose. We choose not to, thanks. :)

Eagles Wings

So, what are you now? Please don't give a vague answer. If that's gonna be, then, I'd rather you didn't answer my question.
I'll answer because I want to GM, which always costs with you, as you judge and rebuke all doctrine but your own.

There are no Presbyterian or Reformed churches in our area that have not gone the way of "disorderly" church practices. We attend WELS or LCMS as visitors only since we do not agree with their view of baptism, communion, and other doctrine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Personally, I'm not very interested in those folks. The Bible itself holds my interest.

musterion

Personally, I'm not very interested in those folks. The Bible itself holds my interest.

I don't doubt most of them were saved (some, given the gospels they appeared to believe...ehhh). But the fact remains that, saved or not, Christ did not command us to follow only His chosen man's example and doctrine. Just like God commanded Israel to follow Moses as if he was the voice of God Himself...because he was.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll answer because I want to GM, which always costs with you, as you judge and rebuke all doctrine but your own.

There are no Presbyterian or Reformed churches in our area that have not gone the way of "disorderly" church practices. We attend WELS or LCMS as visitors only since we do not agree with their view of baptism, communion, and other doctrine.

My Mother was a Lutheran before she became a member of the Body of Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Oh, and you're right, I do reject false doctrine and only accept the TRUTH of Scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.