Soul Sleep?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How is it you can say "only" ?

Because if Jesus was only the Spirit of the Father in human flesh then He was never a man, knowing the things of mans spirit.

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Our spirits make our bodies living souls.

True, but without the body one can not have the consciousness of the soul.

Jesus is not a man like all men. Jesus does not have a biological earthly father. She came from heaven. Jesus is sinless. Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Son of Man.

God's word says Jesus was made like all men, but the Spirit which fathered Him was pure and unrelated to Adam.

It was then necessary that the Father keep Jesus from sin by teaching the Word to Him, and other things.

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

When Jesus comes and raises us up from the dead that is when he gives us new immortal bodies. Our spirits are with him now in heaven, and will go to heaven to be with him when our physical bodies die.

No.

Our spirits are with God on earth in the grave (2 Kings 13:21) if we are reconciled to Him until the resurrection when He comes for us---

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus brings the spirits of those who have died with him when he comes, and then he gives them new bodies.

No scripture says that.

The scripture says Jesus will bring with Him those He has risen up to be with Him in the clouds after He returns from Heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

It should be obvious that those who are fallen asleep in Him have been awakened in the resurrection before they come down with Him--

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

LA

God's Truth

Because if Jesus was only the Spirit of the Father in human flesh then He was never a man, knowing the things of mans spirit.

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

How do you ever get that that scripture means God did not come as a Man if Jesus had the Spirit of God as his Spirit? His Spirit was as an infant’s, and grew with him as a man’s spirit would grow.

The Bible speaks of God the Father’s Spirit, Jesus’ Spirit, and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus’ Spirit must be God the Father’s Spirit, because there is only one Spirit. You cannot ever get around that.

True, but without the body one can not have the consciousness of the soul.

That is not true, for Paul speaks about a man possibly being out of his body and experiencing consciousness.

God's word says Jesus was made like all men, but the Spirit which fathered Him was pure and unrelated to Adam.
Jesus came from heaven that is what the Bible says.

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh. He was found in appearance as a man. Jesus was made like a man. That tells us that Jesus was God in heaven before coming to earth, for what then does it mean to be made “like a man”?

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Hebrews 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

Romans 8:3
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

It was then necessary that the Father keep Jesus from sin by teaching the Word to Him, and other things.

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Again, being made like someone proves he was not by nature like them.

You said no to what the scripture plainly said.

Our spirits are with God on earth in the grave (2 Kings 13:21) if we are reconciled to Him until the resurrection when He comes for us---

God is not in the grave.

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

That scripture is not about at the resurrection, for we will not live in heaven at the resurrection.

Jesus comes for us when we die.

Jesus says that he is going to prepare a place for them and that he will come back and takes them to be with him. We see in Acts that Jesus came for Stephen. See Acts 7:55 But Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

We see that Jesus came back for Stephen. In addition, we see in 2 Timothy 4:18 that Paul is confident that Jesus will come back to get him and bring him safely to his heavenly kingdom. See the following...

2 Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No scripture says that.

The scripture says Jesus will bring with Him those He has risen up to be with Him in the clouds after He returns from Heaven.

You twisted what it says. Just believe what it plainly says.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you ever get that that scripture means God did not come as a Man if Jesus had the Spirit of God as his Spirit? His Spirit was as an infant’s, and grew with him as a man’s spirit would grow.

The Fathers Spirit never needed to grow.

The Bible speaks of God the Father’s Spirit, Jesus’ Spirit, and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus’ Spirit must be God the Father’s Spirit, because there is only one Spirit. You cannot ever get around that.

Wrong.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

"to God the judge of all"

"The spirits of just men"

"AND to Jesus the mediator"

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God,

and one mediator between God and men,

the man Christ Jesus;

That is not true, for Paul speaks about a man possibly being out of his body and experiencing consciousness.

Paul did not know.

Jesus came from heaven that is what the Bible says.

John was sent from Heaven.

Paul was sent from Heaven.

All the saints are sent from Heaven.

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh. He was found in appearance as a man. Jesus was made like a man. That tells us that Jesus was God in heaven before coming to earth, for what then does it mean to be made “like a man”?

The word came from Heaven and formed Jesus from birth to His baptism.

Jesus was made like all men are made in order that He become their High Priest.

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Hebrews 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

Romans 8:3
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

Again, being made like someone proves he was not by nature like them.

Jesus spirit was of man but not impure, in that the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons which is the law of God, but the Father of Jesus is God, not Adam.

Jesus birth also required that His mother was Holy, unblamable.

Jesus nature was in every way a human nature, or His sacrifice is illegal, and satan would be laughing.

God is not in the grave.

God never died or ever could be tempted.

This is why the Father thrust Jesus into the wilderness alone to be tempted, and why Jesus felt so forsaken at the cross, though knowing He was not.

"Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

That scripture is not about at the resurrection, for we will not live in heaven at the resurrection.

The verses states that Jesus will return to earths clouds and receive the saints to Himself. There is no indication that Jesus will return to Heaven with the saints, for much of Heaven comes with Him.(The Glory of the Father and the Holy Angels)

Jesus comes for us when we die.

No such scripture exists. Even the last witnesses await three and a half days before being raised from the dead and being taken up to be with Christ in the clouds of the earth. Rev.ch 14.

Jesus says that he is going to prepare a place for them and that he will come back and takes them to be with him. We see in Acts that Jesus came for Stephen. See Acts 7:55 But Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Steven fell asleep which means he was dead , not alive.

We see that Jesus came back for Stephen. In addition, we see in 2 Timothy 4:18 that Paul is confident that Jesus will come back to get him and bring him safely to his heavenly kingdom. See the following...

2 Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

You read into scripture what is not said.

What is said is---

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

LA

God's Truth

The Fathers Spirit never needed to grow.
He came as a Man, so his Spirit did grow with him.

Wrong.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

You said, “Wrong”, and gave those scriptures to my saying, “The Bible speaks of God the Father’s Spirit, Jesus’ Spirit, and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus’ Spirit must be God the Father’s Spirit, because there is only one Spirit. You cannot ever get around that.”

How do you ever get that those scriptures disprove what I said? In fact, those scriptures prove our spirits live on after the death of our bodies…another truth you do not believe in.

"to God the judge of all"

"The spirits of just men"

"AND to Jesus the mediator"

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God,

and one mediator between God and men,

the man Christ Jesus;

There are three, and God came as a Son of Man named Jesus.

Paul did not know.
If our spirits being out of the body is impossible, then Paul would not say it was a possibility.

John was sent from Heaven.

Paul was sent from Heaven.

All the saints are sent from Heaven.

Jesus CAME from heaven.

You are disappointing, for I thought you were better at studying than what you are showing here.

The word came from Heaven and formed Jesus from birth to His baptism.

Jesus was made like all men are made in order that He become their High Priest.
If Jesus was just a man, as you say, then he would not need to be “made like a man”.

Jesus spirit was of man but not impure, in that the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons which is the law of God, but the Father of Jesus is God, not Adam.

Jesus birth also required that His mother was Holy, unblamable.

Jesus nature was in every way a human nature, or His sacrifice is illegal, and satan would be laughing.

You are making Satan laugh.

God never died or ever could be tempted.

This is why the Father thrust Jesus into the wilderness alone to be tempted, and why Jesus felt so forsaken at the cross, though knowing He was not.

God came as a Son of Man.

The verses states that Jesus will return to earths clouds and receive the saints to Himself. There is no indication that Jesus will return to Heaven with the saints, for much of Heaven comes with Him.(The Glory of the Father and the Holy Angels)

You are the one who said Jesus will bring people back to heaven after the resurrection. Lol Have you forgotten what you said?

No such scripture exists. Even the last witnesses await three and a half days before being raised from the dead and being taken up to be with Christ in the clouds of the earth. Rev.ch 14.

Steven fell asleep which means he was dead , not alive.

Jesus came for Stephen.

You read into scripture what is not said.
You deny the scriptures.