Sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them - Gen 6

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When we realize angels are messengers and can be men then that gives understanding to--

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

context context.

LA

beameup

Do you think maybe Satan himself will have a hybrid offspring?

Don't know, but this prophecy is very interesting:
"They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee,
and consider thee, saying, Is this the man
that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms"

Isaiah 14:16

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where does it say that the sons of God in genesis 6 were evil?

They were in that they left the face of God and wanted to be like all other men.

This resulted in men moving away from Gods Presence and His Word as it is occurring to some extent today.

It leads to a repeat today of those times, but not all fall away--

Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The last days son of perdition is like Judas was but now many persons

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't know, but this prophecy is very interesting:
"They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee,
and consider thee, saying, Is this the man
that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms"

Isaiah 14:16

That is a reference to the King of Babylon of the last days.

Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
Isa 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
Isa 14:6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
Isa 14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
Isa 14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
Isa 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

LA

marhig

They were in that they left the face of God and wanted to be like all other men.

This resulted in men moving away from Gods Presence and His Word as it is occurring to some extent today.

It leads to a repeat today of those times, but not all fall away--

Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The last days son of perdition is like Judas was but now many persons

LA

Thanks for that, but it doesn't say they were evil, but that they came unto the daughters of men and had children who became mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I'm just don't see why some are saying they were evil?

Where does it mention that they are evil here?

Genesis 6

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is.flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years..There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children.to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

beameup

That is a reference to the King of Babylon of the last days.
LA

Nope. Nebuchadnezzar was a "type" of Antichrist possessed by Satan in some respects. The prophecy makes a transition from Nebuchadnezzar to describing Satan.
Nebuchadnezzar became a believer in the God of Daniel, and Nebuchadnezzar wrote a portion of the Book of Daniel. He gives his testimony of faith there in Daniel.
Many prophecies follow this "pattern" in scripture. A prophecy will begin with a human figure and then transition into a description of a supernatural being. Very common in Hebrew.

Serious study, and not laziness, will lead you into the observation of this pattern of transition in the O.T.

Ezekiel 28 is a good place to see this "pattern of transition":
“Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD,
“You had the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
“You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The ruby, the topaz and the diamond;
The beryl, the onyx and the jasper;
The lapis lazuli, the turquoise and the emerald;
And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets,
Was in you.
On the day that you were created
They were prepared.
“You were The Anointed Cherub Who Covers,
And I placed you there.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
“You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created
Until unrighteousness was found in you.

truthjourney

That's just part of it. What else was going on.

Gen. 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
All flesh had corrupted their way. To the point that God said:
...Gen. 6:7 I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repented me that I have made them.

All flesh had corrupted their way, their natural order had been corrupted.

Thanks for that, but it doesn't say they were evil, but that they came unto the daughters of men and had children who became mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I'm just don't see why some are saying they were evil?

Where does it mention that they are evil here?

Genesis 6

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is.flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years..There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children.to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

marhig

That's just part of it. What else was going on.

Gen. 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
All flesh had corrupted their way. To the point that God said:
...Gen. 6:7 I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repented me that I have made them.

All flesh had corrupted their way, their natural order had been corrupted.

Thanks, but God saw that the wickedness of man was great, not the sons of God.

That's just like now, when those who have known God go wrong their wickedness is great because they have gone after the lusts of the flesh and not after the way of God.

It doesn't say that the sons of God were evil, but that man was wicked.

marhig

The sons of God mentioned here were bÉ™nê hāʼĕlōhîm as also mentioned in Job 1:6.
Can you translate that please :) and Job 6 doesn't mean they were evil either, only that Satan was there.

Sorry I'm just trying to get my head around it, as I see the sons of God in genesis 6 as good, because God said at the same time as the sons of God see that the daughters of men were fair, and that his spirit will not always strive with man for he is also flesh yet his days shall be 120 years, and then the daughters of men bore children and that they were mighty men, men of renown, so the sons of God coming into the daughters of men would make children of God. Strong men of God, but man then went wrong.

Sons of God = ministering spirits/angels

Daughters of men who were fair= people with the right heart

The mighty men, men of renown= prophets of God

Then man went wrong, except for Noah and his family.

truthjourney

If they were angels of God who rebelled and took human women as wives and had children then they weren't good. And the scriptures speak about the results of that, the effect that had on man and beasts, fowls of the air and every creeping thing. Their natural order became corrupted.

marhig

If they were angels of God who rebelled and took human women as wives and had children then they weren't good. And the scriptures speak about the results of that, the effect that had on man and beasts, fowls of the air and every creeping thing. Their natural order became corrupted.
I'll have a good read again, but I can't see where it says that they rebelled or that they were evil. Just that they were sons of God.

Man seemed to go wrong after all that happened, I'll have another read later.

beameup

I'll have a good read again, but I can't see where it says that they rebelled or that they were evil. Just that they were sons of God.

Man seemed to go wrong after all that happened, I'll have another read later.

I think you will find a "clue" here in the New Testament:
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [Tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; and spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly - 2 Peter 2:4-6 KJV

and here:
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation [oikētērion=glorified bodies], he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. - Jude 6 KJV

Extra-canonical sources also contain extensive information confirming that fallen angels were corrupting human DNA. Among those sources are: The Book of Enoch, The Book of Giants, The Book of Jubilees, The Book of Jasher.

marhig

I think you will find a "clue" here in the New Testament:
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [Tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; and spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly - 2 Peter 2:4-6 KJV

and here:
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation [oikētērion=glorified bodies], he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. - Jude 6 KJV

Extra-canonical sources also contain extensive information confirming that fallen angels were corrupting human DNA. Among those sources are: The Book of Enoch, The Book of Giants, The Book of Jubilees, The Book of Jasher.
Thank you for posting that, I'll go and have a read later :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you think maybe Satan himself will have a hybrid offspring?

Spirit beings do not reproduce through sex. The Father did not have sex with Mary.

The Father is referred to as male because he imparts life, angels don't.

In Hebrew, spirit is a feminine noun, in Greek spirit is neuter.

The gender pronouns in English are arbitrarily assigned by translators.

popsthebuilder

Spirit beings do not reproduce through sex. The Father did not have sex with Mary.

The Father is referred to as male because he imparts life, angels don't.

In Hebrew, spirit is a feminine noun, in Greek spirit is neuter.

The gender pronouns in English are arbitrarily assigned by translators.
Yet that does not negate the fact that at this time there are those, that majority that is of the deceiver. Whom by their nature and the very nature of deceit are nearly oblivious.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gen. 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man...

The sons of God are distinguished from the descendants of Cain.

Jesus is the only biologically engendered Son of God.

Adam and the angels were created, not born. Adam was a son of God.

All of the human sons of God died before the flood except for Noah.

The sons of God are listed in Luke 3.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
there is no such thing as half breeds.. And angels don't have sex, or get married.

Mark 12:24-25
24 Jesus answered and said to them, "Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?
25 "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
(NKJ)

Matt 22:29-30
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
(NKJ)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Fiction has always been popular. Have you read the Epic of Gilgamesh?

It was very popular.