SHOULD A MAN EXPECT TOTAL AND COMPLETE LOYALTY AND SUPPORT FROM HIS SAVIOUR?

SHOULD A MAN EXPECT TOTAL AND COMPLETE LOYALTY AND SUPPORT FROM HIS SAVIOUR?

• SOMETIMES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALWAYS

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name YAH SHUA: for he shall save his people from their sins."

That's, His people and not all people.

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter3:9&version=NKJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why do you ignore the word "us"? Peter is addressing us*

us* the redeemed.

God is longsuffering toward us, yes. I get that.

I'm talking about the second half of the verse.

You know, the part that says God is "not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

I don't think there's any hidden meaning in that. It says, quite plainly, that God does not want anyone to perish, but He does want all to repent.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why do you ignore the word "us"? Peter is addressing us*

us* the redeemed.
Also, Peter is addressing the diaspora, ie Jews of the dispersion, not the Body of Christ.

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, - 1 Peter 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter1:1&version=NKJV

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), - 2 Peter 3:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter3:1&version=NKJV

Truster

God is longsuffering toward us, yes. I get that.

I'm talking about the second half of the verse.

You know, the part that says God is "not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

I don't think there's any hidden meaning in that. It says, quite plainly, that God does not want anyone to perish, but He does want all to repent.

Verses were added to scripture and that cause more problems than it solved. People like you now take a verses and use it outside of the context.

Truster

Most say the same but then exhibit such a lack of grace that it must not be true.

LA

I'm in good company then as the same would have been said of Messiah when He tore apart the Pharisees. The prophets that were sent to warn did so without being "nice" about it they just got on with the job. Speaking of grace I can't help but notice you criticise me and are now doing to me the self same thing you criticise me for. You are a blatant hypocrite.

glorydaz

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name YAH SHUA: for he shall save his people from their sins."

That's, His people and not all people.

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

I see here an attempt to deceive. The "His people" is referring to the house of Israel, and is not speaking of the "chosen few" who are saved whether they want to be or not...as has been purported by this poster.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The Gospel of Grace that Paul preached is how all men may be saved when they believe.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You carry on enjoying your 40 a day and I will enjoy the liberty I've been given. I have been where you are and I know for an absolute fact that you couldn't possibly imagine what it's like where I am.
I've been where you are, and who cares.

I LOVE smoking. If I could smoke two packs a day, that's exactly what I would do. I'm too afraid. When I tell healthcare professionals how much I smoke, they're so unconcerned at my "part-time" habit that they just ask me, "Why don't you just quit all together? (Instead of smoke so little.)" and I have to try to not look at them funny, because, Why would I want to quit? I LOVE smoking.

Truster

I LOVE smoking. If I could smoke two packs a day, that's exactly what I would do. I'm too afraid. When I tell healthcare professionals how much I smoke, they're so unconcerned at my "part-time" habit that they just ask me, "Why don't you just quit all together? (Instead of smoke so little.)" and I have to try to not look at them funny, because, Why would I want to quit? I LOVE smoking.

You love sin.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Give it up, for the pleasure of everyone else.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm in good company then as the same would have been said of Messiah when He tore apart the Pharisees. The prophets that were sent to warn did so without being "nice" about it they just got on with the job. Speaking of grace I can't help but notice you criticise me and are now doing to me the self same thing you criticise me for. You are a blatant hypocrite.

You are just too sure of yourself, resting before your next level which you know nothing about yet.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Truster

You are just too sure of yourself, resting before your next level which you know nothing about yet.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

I am sure of my Saviour and the covenant made between Him and the Eternal Father. Is it possible for a man to exercise too much trust...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Give it up, for the pleasure of everyone else.

LA
For the pleasure of whom?

I smoke around people who like to smoke. :idunno:

I cleanse myself of smoky odor before I rejoin people who don't like smoking. :idunno:

You mean for the pleasure of user accounts like you and Truster? :rotfl: Get your own pleasure; this one's mine. :AMR:

Truster

For the pleasure of whom?

I smoke around people who like to smoke. :idunno:

I cleanse myself of smoky odor before I rejoin people who don't like smoking. :idunno:

You mean for the pleasure of user accounts like you and Truster? :rotfl: Get your own pleasure; this one's mine. :AMR:

You not only sin, you encourage others to do the same. You will cause many to stumble and you will suffer greatly for doing so.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You not only sin, you encourage others to do the same. You will cause many to stumble and you will suffer greatly for doing so.
You will suffer greatly for predicting and praying for the suffering of others, You are a canker to Christianity, a disturbed calvinist