Shots fired at Texas Mohammed art exhibit

shagster01

He must think that people who mock Christianity are 'asking for it' too.

I guess that means hes 'asked for it' himself a few times.

Or does he think Islam deserves special consideration :think:

Let me ask you, if the family of a soldier killed in action got into a violent confrontation with Westborough protesters, would you not think Westborough was kinda asking for it with their "freedom of expression"?

shagster01

Exactly where I was headed...I want to see how consistent he is with this. Not very, I'll wager.

I got an infraction about two weeks ago for mocking Christianity. I was asking for it. I accept the results of my chosen expressions. I don't think the infraction was right, but I knew I might get it anyway.

I don't think that these Muslim shooters were right either, but it is a risk you run when hosting an event with the sole purpose of provoking extremists.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Let me ask you, if the family of a soldier killed in action got into a violent confrontation with Westborough protesters, would you not think Westborough was kinda asking for it with their "freedom of expression"?

Asking for it? No.

Asking for it in my mind is what you described where you admitted doing what you knew what wrong and expecting a reaction and then doing it anyway- and response is justified.

Thats asking for it. Its not justifiable to kill someone just because you don't like what they think.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think that these Muslim shooters were right either, but it is a risk you run when hosting an event with the sole purpose of provoking extremists.

When it comes to extremists, there is no such thing as provoking. These people will look for any excuse to kill anyone who doesn't pledge allegiance to their beliefs. THAT, for them, would be provocation enough.

shagster01

Asking for it? No.

Asking for it in my mind is what you described where you admitted doing what you knew what wrong and expecting a reaction and then doing it anyway- and response is justified.

Thats asking for it. Its not justifiable to kill someone just because you don't like what they think.

So if I went into Crip territory with a red rag hanging out of my back pocket and throwing up Blood gang signs, and they shot me, I wouldn't have been asking for it because them shooting me still isn't justified? Is that cvorrect, even though I knew that expression might get me shot?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So if I went into Crip territory with a red rag hanging out of my back pocket and throwing up Blood gang signs, and they shot me, I wouldn't have been asking for it because them shooting me still isn't justified? Is that cvorrect, even though I knew that expression might get me shot?

That behavior would be called stupid and i would consider you mentally ill.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

IMO, this is similar to asking if someone walking home after dark deserves to be shot, raped, killed, etc.

Most things we do involves some risks, however, should we allow those who would commit these acts to dictate our lives, freedoms and rights?

shagster01

IMO, this is similar to asking if someone walking home after dark deserves to be shot, raped, killed, etc.

Most things we do involves some risks, however, should we allow those who would commit these acts to dictate our lives, freedoms and rights?

It's not the same. Walking home after dark is not done with the sole purpose of provoking rapists. This art display did have the sole purpose of provoking extremists.

Risk of an action is different from purposely provoking an enemy.

And no, the shooters are not justified and should be stopped, as they were.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

:thumb:

shagster01

yeah, you don't want to acknowledge the full ramifications of what you said, i understand.

If I ran an art display of blasphemous Jesus cartoons with the sole purpose of mocking Christianity, and a wacko Christian extremist came in shooting, I would accept that that was a real risk I ran by doing the display. It would not justify the shooter, but it isn't like I wouldn't know what I was doing by putting the display up.