Sharing the Messiah with others.

glorydaz

John 20:28 NASB - 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Whatever a person believes about this verse, we know Jesus is not the Father (God) and that Jesus is the Messiah. Do you accept Him as the Messiah, sent of God? Jesus is the Son of God. He was sent by the Father. He was sent by God.

Thomas saw what you still don't.

That God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thomas saw what you still don't.

That God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We can talk about it. I have written the following in this thread.
I believe in God the Father and in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son. The Son being God and God being Spirit or mentioning the Spirit of God is God means we have God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

glorydaz

We can talk about it. I have written the following in this thread.

I know what you've written, Untel, but you seem to refute your own words at every turn. You're inconsistent, at best, and contradictory at other times. It seems you've been researching some Jewish sites and that could be where these contradicting statements are coming from.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know what you've written, Untel, but you seem to refute your own words at every turn. You're inconsistent, at best, and contradictory at other times. It seems you've been researching some Jewish sites and that could be where these contradicting statements are coming from.
No. I kind of know about some Jewish sites. My time spent with Judaism though has been personal. That is, I have learned by reading and studying the Torah and interacting with others. There is nothing wrong with being Jewish. There is also nothing wrong with being a Christian. I believe my statements that you say you knew are fine for both Judaism and Christianity.

achduke

The Lord our God is ONE LORD. Yes, Jesus is that ONE LORD.
Except it does not say that.

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

LORD is not Lord but the name of God.

Hear O Israel YHWH our Elohim, YHWH is one.

Now compare to Romans 10:9

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

In Romans 10:9 Lord is not translated from YHWH.

It is translated from kuros which means master or prince also a person of authority.

glorydaz

No. I kind of know about some Jewish sites. My time spent with Judaism though has been personal. That is, I have learned by reading and studying the Torah and interacting with others. There is nothing wrong with being Jewish. There is also nothing wrong with being a Christian. I believe my statements that you say you knew are fine for both Judaism and Christianity.

There are Jews for Jesus....if that's what you're talking about.

glorydaz

Except it does not say that.

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

LORD is not Lord but the name of God.

Hear O Israel YHWH our Elohim, YHWH is one.

Now compare to Romans 10:9

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

In Romans 10:9 Lord is not translated from YHWH.

It is translated from kuros which means master or prince also a person of authority.

Yes, it does say that.

Deuteronomy 6:4KJV
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29KJV
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:​

And Paul is speaking of this ONE GOD when he says, "and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)......

He is clearly stating Jesus is that ONE LORD GOD, just as the Father is.

1 Corinthians 8:6KJV
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

achduke

Did Christ create everything that is?

It's a simple question.
Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 I have been established from everlasting, from the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

Proverbs 8:30 Then I was beside Him, as a master craftsman; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him,

Proverbs 8:31 rejoicing in His inhabited world, and my delight was with the sons of men.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are Jews for Jesus....if that's what you're talking about.
Does Jews for Jesus believe that the Law of Moses or the Torah is God's word and instruction?

No one needs to instruct anyone to break the law. Maybe I misunderstood, but I knew if I was a Jew I would not want to be a part of Jews for Jesus if it meant a Jew was instructed by a Christian to break God's Law to prove they were a Christian. Maybe it's a scenario or lie about something that never happened.

achduke

Get saved

Luke 17:21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

John 2:21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 I have been established from everlasting, from the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

Proverbs 8:30 Then I was beside Him, as a master craftsman; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him,

Proverbs 8:31 rejoicing in His inhabited world, and my delight was with the sons of men.

Good quotes. Did Christ create everything that is, for example the heaven and earth? Yes or no will suffice.

achduke

Good quotes. Did Christ create everything that is, for example the heaven and earth? Yes or no will suffice.
The quotes are from wisdom. Wisdom is one of the seven spirits in Isaiah. Christ is annointed with the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 3:1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

glorydaz

Does Jews for Jesus believe that the Law of Moses or the Torah is God's word and instruction?

No one needs to instruct anyone to break the law. Maybe I misunderstood, but I knew if I was a Jew I would not want to be a part of Jews for Jesus if it meant a Jew was instructed by a Christian to break God's Law to prove they were a Christian. Maybe it's a scenario or lie about something that never happened.

I've never heard of such a thing. :shocked:

I'm speaking of ethnic Jews who are saved by the preaching of the Gospel of Salvation (completed Jews, perhaps is a better term). They, like Christians do not find righteousness through law keeping but through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.