Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

2003cobra

AMR answered you succinctly very early in the thread. I was satisfied with his answers.

1 Timothy 1:3-4 KJV - [FONT="]As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they [U][B]teach no other doctrine,[/B][/U][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]4Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Titus 3:9 KJV - But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.[/FONT]

So, your answer is to avoid any discussion that might reveal an error in the text, avoid any error that would discredit the man-made doctrine of inerrancy.

Ok. I am sure you know that that is not an answer. It is basically an ostrich’s head-in-the-sand approach.

Thank you for confirming that you also did not try to reconcile the error.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So, your answer is to avoid any discussion that might reveal an error in the text, avoid any error that would discredit the man-made doctrine of inerrancy.

Ok. I am sure you know that that is not an answer. It is basically an ostrich’s head-in-the-sand approach.

Thank you for confirming that you also did not try to reconcile the error.
Yes, I've confirmed that I don't waste my time looking for "errors" in the Bible so that I can doubt God's word, like you.

Reactions: Lon

Zeke

Thanks for admitting they are insignificant, I was going to ask you that.

The trail of blood and hate its left in its wake from wrongly being interpreted (bad die vision) shows it is sufficient all right for both sides of 2Cor 3:6, like you with dual citizenship.

john w

Hall of Fame
One who studies the scriptures earnestly need not look. He will see a few, insignificant errors if he is honest in his studies.

We are attempting to persuade, have a debate with, some droid, who "argues,".... "Here are the scriptures, that say we no longer have the scriptures," and who protests, that since he cannot understand how(fill in the blank)can be, therefore, since he does not " get it," there is a contradiction, an error, and the LORD God is wrong, blundered, not him, with his brilliant brain, keen insight, even though the LORD God created him, and gave him his brain.

Thanks for checkin' in, Col. Klink, and do not confuse your lack of comprehension skills, and lack of spiritual discernment, with any alleged errors in the LORD God's book. You are dismissed.

2003cobra

Thanks for admitting they are insignificant, I was going to ask you that.

If you had read my other posts on this thread, you would see that I have consistently said that there are a few, insignificant errors.

They are insignificant to the good news of Jesus Christ.

They are significant for the false doctrine of inerrancy, since they prove it false.

God never promised us a perfect Bible.

john w

Hall of Fame

You made that up.

The Holy Bible is without error-it is perfect. This is scripture's testimony, its "witness":

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" Job 6:25 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth." 1 Kings 17:24 KJV

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalms 12:6 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalms 18:30 KJV

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." Psalms 19:7 KJV

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4 KJV

"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:140

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." Psalms 119:43 KJV

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160 KJV

"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Proverbs 30:5 KJV

"...the scripture of truth...." Daniel 10:21 KJV

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17 KJV

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

"By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,..." 2 Corinthians 6:7 KJV

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,..." Ephesians 1:13 KJV

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV

"...the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1:18 KJV

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23

Vs. you:

Contrasts.

You: The above scriptures I posted are probably in error, right, bible corrector?

john w

Hall of Fame
If you had read my other posts on this thread, you would see that I have consistently said that there are a few, insignificant errors.

They are insignificant to the good news of Jesus Christ.

They are significant for the false doctrine of inerrancy, since they prove it false.

Translation: Here is an error ridden bible, and I will use it to "prove" the truth. =Here is the scripture, that is in error, and I will use it to "prove" that the scripture is in error, and that includes possibly " the good news of Jesus Christ."

Rat poison is 99.999% pure. It's that .0001 that
gets the rat.

Can't be done, son. If you do not have a perfect, pure, true, sound, pure word of God, you can't credibly persuade anyone of "the good news of Jesus Christ."

You got that, bible corrector-in contrast to a bible believer? Can you dig it, rat?

2003cobra

We are attempting to persuade, have a debate with, some droid, who "argues,".... "Here are the scriptures, that say we no longer have the scriptures," and who protests, that since he cannot understand how(fill in the blank)can be, therefore, since he does not " get it," there is a contradiction, an error, and the LORD God is wrong, blundered, not him, with his brilliant brain, keen insight, even though the LORD God created him, and gave him his brain.
Who said “the Lord God is wrong?”

Not me. I don’t recall anyone saying that.

What made you think that happened?

Thanks for checkin' in, Col. Klink, and do not confuse your lack of comprehension skills, and lack of spiritual discernment, with any alleged errors in the LORD God's book. You are dismissed.
The gospel called Matthew says there were 14 generations from David to the deportation. 1 Chronicles lists 18 generations.

You are free to simply avert your eyes and pretend both are true, but that would be dishonesty unworthy of a Christian.

2003cobra

If I have five apples, do I also have three?

So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations.

If all the apples you have are three, then you don’t have five.

And the list in Matthew is wrong, if 1 Chronicles is right.

2003cobra

Where do any of the texts you quote say “Bible?”

You made that up.

The Holy Bible is without error-it is perfect. This is scripture's testimony, its "witness":

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" Job 6:25 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth." 1 Kings 17:24 KJV

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Psalms 12:6 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalms 18:30 KJV

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." Psalms 19:7 KJV

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4 KJV

"Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:140

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." Psalms 119:43 KJV

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160 KJV

"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Proverbs 30:5 KJV

"...the scripture of truth...." Daniel 10:21 KJV

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17 KJV

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

"By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,..." 2 Corinthians 6:7 KJV

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,..." Ephesians 1:13 KJV

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." 1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV

"...the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1:18 KJV

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23

Vs. you:

Contrasts.

You: The above scriptures I posted are probably in error, right, bible corrector?

It is not the scriptures that you quoted that are in error. The error, your error, is in your imagining that you can substitute the word “Bible” anytime you read “Word of God.”

The term “Word of God” in scripture means:
1) A Message from God, such as a specific message
2) The Message of God, the good news of Jesus Christ for mankind or
3) The Word Incarnate, Jesus Christ.

I understand that you are accustomed to hearing preachers hold up a Bible and shout “This is the Word of God.”
The Bible never claims to be, in its entirety, to be the Word of God.

So we have to earnestly study the scriptures to see what they really say.

You do know, don’t you, that when those words were written there was no canon and no Bible as we have it now.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I encourage you to look at the passages you quoted again, and do note that none of them say “Bible.”

john w

Hall of Fame
Who said “the Lord God is wrong?”

Not me. I don’t recall anyone saying that.

What made you think that happened?

You did.
You lied:

Face you...defiled, seared concscience, and all.

The gospel called Matthew says there were 14 generations from David to the deportation. 1 Chronicles lists 18 generations.

You are free to simply avert your eyes and pretend both are true, but that would be dishonesty unworthy of a Christian.

Wow! You are the first person, in the history of mankind, who has ever pointed out this alleged contradiction in the word of God, this 1 Chron."generations" alleged error.

It has obviously has never been addressed, in all of history, until you brought it up, came along, correcting the LORD God. Right droid?

Define bible believer. We will wait.

2003cobra

Translation: Here is an error ridden bible, and I will use it to "prove" the truth. =Here is the scripture, that is in error, and I will use it to "prove" that the scripture is in error, and that includes possibly " the good news of Jesus Christ."

Rat poison is 99.999% pure. It's that .0001 that
gets the rat.

Can't be done, son. If you do not have a perfect, pure, true, sound, pure word of God, you can't credibly persuade anyone of "the good news of Jesus Christ."

You got that, bible corrector-in contrast to a bible believer? Can you dig it, rat?
No one said “error ridden.”

I said there were a few insignificant errors.

Thousands and thousands of people came to the gospel before the New
Testament was written. It is not our job to persuade people, especially not with lies. The Holy Spirit draws people to,the Father.

Son? I am likely your elder.

2003cobra

You lied:
Not me.

Wow! You are the first person, in the history of mankind, who has evere pointed out this alleged contradiction in the word of God, this 1 Chron."generations" alleged error.

It has obviously never been addressed, in all of history, until you brought it up, right droid?

I am not the first one to point it out.

And you are not the first one to pretend it doesn’t exist and refuse to look at it.

Would you like to try to explain the error, or any of the other ones I mentioned?

For example, Luke says that Joseph was a descendant of David through Nathan. Matthew says Joseph was a descendant of David through Nathan’s brother Solomon. Which one was it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Where do any of the texts you quote say “Bible?”

It is not the scriptures that you quoted that are in error. The error, your error, is in your imagining that you can substitute the word “Bible” anytime you read “Word of God.”

The term “Word of God” in scripture means:
1) A Message from God, such as a specific message
2) The Message of God, the good news of Jesus Christ for mankind or
3) The Word Incarnate, Jesus Christ.

No scripture asserts 1-2 above-you made that up. Nice 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV on #3-deceit.

I understand that you are accustomed to hearing preachers hold up a Bible and shout “This is the Word of God.”
The Bible never claims to be, in its entirety, to be the Word of God.]

Yes, it does, and I gave you chapter, verse, in which to soak your satanic brain. And what do we get from you? Opinions, about opinions of opinions, and correcting a book, that sliced you up, left you bloodied, on the road, in a heap, awaiting for your father the devil,to re-pump you up with bible mysticism, sophistry.

So we have to earnestly study the scriptures to see what they really say.

1.Identify this "scripture." Where can I get a copy?
2.Study a scripture, that says scripture is in error? Got it, droid.

You do know, don’t you, that when those words were written there was no canon and no Bible as we have it now.

How would you know that, droid, if you do not have the "originals?"

And you are debating me?
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I encourage you to look at the passages you quoted again, and do note that none of them say “Bible.”

Right. This "Jesus Christ" could be one of those "insignificant errors," you moron.

Show us the scripture, that says God is all knowing. You deceitful drone. Bible merely means "book," as in "the volume of the book."

Where can we all get a copy of the true, preserved, pure, right, word of God, this "scripture" you cite?

john w

Hall of Fame
Not me.

I am not the first one to point it out.

The droid is s o stupid, he does not get sarcasm.
And you are not the first one to pretend it doesn’t exist and refuse to look at it.

Would you like to try to explain the error, or any of the other ones I mentioned?

For example, Luke says that Joseph was a descendant of David through Nathan. Matthew says Joseph was a descendant of David through Nathan’s brother Solomon. Which one was it?

No, son, the alleged errors of you bible correctors have been refuted for years, by others more capable of me, so you won't get me falling for your devilish snake oil.

The integrity of our faith, the faith, is dependent on the integrity of the word of God, is dependent on the "sure word"(2 Peter 1:19, "For the word of the LORD" must be"...right....", if all of the works of the LORD, including our justification, are to be "done in truth"(Psalms 33:4). The authority of which we believers speak is dependent on the final authority of "the" Holy Bible, "the" word of God,"...the scripture of truth...."(Daniel 10:21), which "....is true from the beginning"(Psalms 119:160).

My first priority as a Christian will always be: I will proclaim only that "message" that is derived from a "credible witness." If the witness is not credible, then "interpretation"="the MESSAGE", is divorced from objective reality. No interpretation, no "the Message", is worthwhile, or credible, if truth can still be considered truth despite ERRORS. If biblical certainty/assurance are lost, then biblical authority, and its resulting "interpretation"/"the MESSAGE" is impossible. If the biblical text is unreliable, then the Holy Bible's own claims about representing the full and objective truth about God cannot be substantiated or believed. The Holy Bible's authority to rule over us, to call us back to the LORD God, to offer justification and eternal life through the offence of the cross, and the resurrection, and any "interpretive methods", evaporates. And a discussion of the soundness of any interpretation, any understanding the LORD God's revelation of Himself, and His "blueprint" for all, is mere "going through the motions", "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", if the source for understanding these objective truths is flawed in any way. Therefore, if any supposed "the Holy Bible" claiming to be the word of God has errors, then it is not the word of God. And those who make the claim that the word of God can have errors, and still be considered the word of God, they are speaking not "...according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"(Isaiah 8:20 KJV). This I have learned from the Holy Bible's own testimony, if it is to believed. I take "God at His word"(the simple definition of faith), and it is that simple.

Define bible believer.

Last edited: