Sabbath

keypurr

I said
There are many evil workers out there. And we are to be careful that we don't help them deceive our own brethren.

Matt 7:6
6"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

Eph 5:11
11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
(NKJ)
I do not fear them Squeak because he who is in me is stronger than them.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Your still an idiot. You just make this stuff up as you go.
As far as that goes keeping the Sabbath doesn't save anyone.
And as far as obeying God I am. I'm listening to Jesus.

Matt 17:5
5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!"
(NKJ)

Are you listening to Jesus?

He said pray the Sabbath be kept in the future...

He said do His Father's will...keep His Father's commandments as He did even by example...

He said the Sabbath was made for man...

I never claimed Sabbath keeping alone saves you...It merely points you to the One Who does...and reveals your fidelity to Him not man's tradition or an erroneous use of scripture...

Romans 14 was a choice of day for fasting not Sabbath...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

He said pray the Sabbath be kept in the future...

He said do His Father's will...keep His Father's commandments as He did even by example...

I never claimed Sabbath keeping alone saves you...It merely points you to the One Who does...and reveals your fidelity to Him not man's tradition or an erroneous use of scripture...

Romans 14 was a choice of day for fasting not Sabbath...

I said
Again you lie and exaggerate. Show me where it says any of that. Just show me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Please note Romans 14 is about diet and which day to fast that was the doubtful thing being disputed...it has nothing to do with the Sabbath...Sabbath was not a doubtful thing in the NT...or to be disputed...as per James

I said
If that is what you believe what does this mean? This is talking about the milk understanding and the meat understanding. I'm in the meat understanding and your in the milk understanding. I am not suppose to despise you and your not suppose to judge me.
You really shouldn't be judging anyone, y0u don't even have the Word abiding in you yet.

Rom 14:1-2

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said

I said

"He said pray the Sabbath be kept in the future..."

Here it is:

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time."

There it is...amidst all this "end is still to come" "dreadful" "no one will survive" time of "great distress" His followers were instructed to pray that one of the His Father's commandments be kept.

I bolded it for you in the text...

Sabbath-brought over from the Old Testament and instructed to be kept beyond the time of the New Testament...

Ben Masada

Circumcision doesn't save anyone...

Circumcision was not required of anyone who left Egypt and was saved...

Circumcision was not required of the Gentiles who traveled with them...

Circumcision was not required for Gentiles to keep the Sabbath

Circumcision is not in the 10 commandments...

But the Sabbath was made for man...not just Jews...

Abraham was chosen then circumcised...as was Moses...faith first

In Him there is nor Jew or Gentile...what's the point of becoming circumcised?

Especially if your parents didn't do it to you...

Keeping the commandments of God is what matters...

Indeed! You are right; keeping the commandments of God is what matters but; true also that circumcision is not in the Decalogue but, circumcision became an everlasting commandment of God in the Covenant with Abraham.(Genesis 17:19)Still true to this day, any one among the Gentiles who chooses to join God's Covenant with his People, must be circumcised and adopt the Jewish Sabbath. Then, they will have a name better than sons and daughters. (Isaiah 56:1-8)

clefty

I said

I said

He said do His Father's will...

Matt 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. "

I said

"keep His Father's commandments as He did"

John 15:10 "...even as I have kept my Father's commandments...”

I said

even by example...

Luke 14:16 "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom..."

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

I said

"He said pray the Sabbath be kept in the future..."

Here it is:

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time."

There it is...amidst all this "end is still to come" "dreadful" "no one will survive" time of "great distress" His followers were instructed to pray that one of the His Father's commandments be kept.

I bolded it for you in the text...

Sabbath-brought over from the Old Testament and instructed to be kept beyond the time of the New Testament...

I said
Your an absolute idiot. Not one thing in any of that is about keeping the Sabbath. Not one.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Indeed! You are right; keeping the commandments of God is what matters but; true also that circumcision is not in the Decalogue but, circumcision became an everlasting commandment of God in the Covenant with Abraham.(Genesis 17:19)Still true to this day, any one among the Gentiles who chooses to join God's Covenant with his People, must be circumcised and adopt the Jewish Sabbath. Then, they will have a name better than sons and daughters. (Isaiah 56:1-8)

I said
I think you have the wrong circumcision there.

Rom 2:25-29
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
(KJV)

clefty

I said

I said

Mark 2:27 “And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:”

There it is...please notice He did not say for sabbath is for Jews or for Israel or even for just those who are saved...

This was stated when He had to argue with other Pharisees who, like you, wished to define regulate or otherwise change the Sabbath...

Rather than abolish it or nullify it, He taught its true spirit and purpose Matthew 12:12 “Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.”

In fact arguing with your type He stressed the sabbath so much He singled it out again as in creation by calling Himself Lord of the Sabbath...not Lord of any other commandment...

You would agree the other 9 commandments were made for man yes? But only the Sabbath commandment was celebrated as such...

all of creation was for man...what else of it do you reject or deny...

And when man disobeyed all of creation was cursed but the Sabbath...its calendation and Holiness fiction and purpose was spared...

Enhanced, just as it was in the New Testament, as man had to now live by the sweat of his brow...

Sabbath...made for man since from the beginning...

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/sabbathwasmadeformanmeaning.html

clefty

Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

I said
Your an absolute idiot. Not one thing in any of that is about keeping the Sabbath. Not one.

1 John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."

What burdens you so much about a day of rest?

Are you really listening to Jesus?

He said "...come follow Me..." You think He will take you to Ham on Sunday?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."

What burdens you so much about a day of rest?

Are you really listening to Jesus?

He said "...come follow Me..." You think He will take you to Ham on Sunday?

I said
I do follow Him. And when He called me out side the church I will stay out side the church. I will remain in the same way I was called.

1 Cor 7:17-20
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)

I'm being obedient. But your not, why does my obedience arouse unclean spirits in you?

clefty

I said
I do follow Him. And when He called me out side the church I will stay out side the church. I will remain in the same way I was called.

1 Cor 7:17-20
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)

I'm being obedient. But your not, why does my obedience arouse unclean spirits in you?

not one thing there about Sabbath keeping...

Of the 10 commandments it is the only one given to the stranger, gers, goyim who were saved from Egypt leaving it and traveling with Israel...after their God...and not circumcised

Oh and I bolded the important part...keeping the Law of God, not Jesus, did you notice that?

Stop equating a law of God with something that is not...that's idolatry...

Ascribing power to circumcision which it does not have...

So go ahead walk as you are but then stop to rest when He does...just like the OT church in the wilderness...which rested on the Sabbath whether cut or not...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Of the 10 commandments it is the only one given to the stranger, gers, goyim who were saved from Egypt leaving it and traveling with Israel...after their God...and not circumcised

Oh and I bolded the important part...keeping the Law of God, not Jesus, did you notice that?

I said
I have noticed that quit afew times how you leave Jesus out of it. That is what makes you an idiot. You are trying to climb up some other way than Jesus. Your in the wrong website.

John 10:1

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
(NKJ)

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I have noticed that quit afew times how you leave Jesus out of it. That is what makes you an idiot. You are trying to climb up some other way than Jesus. Your in the wrong website.

John 10:1

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
(NKJ)

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

HalleluYah you answered for yourself why others are thieves and robbers...and not just because they came before Him in the Old Testament as you were trying to imply...but because He is the Door the only way...enter Him...follow Him...do as He did...

Just how far do you think that church in the wilderness could have made it without Him? He was there with them...He sustained them in the desert...they rested when He rested...

LoL...The irony accusing me of removing Him when it is you who removed the Lord of Sabbath from the NT gospel...because you reject what He establishes His authority on-His Sabbath He made for all mankind forever...

And just like the Sabbath is a shadow pointing to Him...He points to One greater than He..."None is good but One"

"I kept His commandments" He said..."follow me" and do likewise...go sin no more...(don't break His Law)

Entering the door of Jesus means doing as He did...means Sabbath keeping...means "I will give you rest"

Are you really really listening to Jesus?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Stop equating a law of God with something that is not...that's idolatry...

Ascribing power to circumcision which it does not have...

So go ahead walk as you are but then stop to rest when He does...just like the OT church in the wilderness...which rested on the Sabbath whether cut or not...

I said
Your an idiot. When you try to eliminate Jesus from God you have just lost all of any credibility in this forum. Your evil.

Matt 16:23
23 "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. When you try to eliminate Jesus from God you have just lost all of any credibility in this forum. Your evil.

Matt 16:23
23 "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
(NKJ)

Things of God= seventh day Sabbath > things of men = Sunday morning power hour, Sabbath any day or everyday

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Things of God= seventh day Sabbath > things of men = Sunday morning power hour, Sabbath any day or everyday

If you have broken the law of the seventh day Sabbath in any way even once, then you are to be stoned to death by the whole congregation.

If you are going to keep the law, then keep it.