RSR's Annual Soft Tissue Show: The Deniers

Jukia

Like it was for Jesus?

Are you comparing me to Jesus? Wow!

But, the other day I thought---what is the big deal? your god gave his only son, who suffered, died and was buried, all to atone for man's sin---but according to your Book, he is not dead. So what is the big deal about his suffering? Suffer whatever you want if you get to come back to life and be god again---big deal. And please, I don't mean this to be snarky or snide or sacrilegious, but if you rise from the dead then whatever you suffered during life appears meaningless. Yes, the Biblical suffering was terrible, but I do not think anyone can argue that it was the worst any human ever suffered---crucifixion was SOP, people have been burned at the stake, I think native Americans sometimes skinned their captives alive.

So what was the actual point? Another nice story and a way for the powers to control people?

6days

Well aware of those verses. But this is the same god who killed all the little children in the great Flood.
If the little children were innocent then perhaps they have been spared an eternity of suffering. God did destroy the evil once with water, and will do it one final time but with fire.

"When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day."
Rev.20:11
Jukia... God is offering you an 'ark'...safety from that coming judgement. "And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Jesus is that ark... He loved you before you were even born...He went to the cross because of love for you... And now Jesus says "Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him and he with Me."

One Eyed Jack

Are you comparing me to Jesus? Wow!

No. Are you complaining about having a hard life?

But, the other day I thought---what is the big deal? your god gave his only son, who suffered, died and was buried, all to atone for man's sin---but according to your Book, he is not dead. So what is the big deal about his suffering? Suffer whatever you want if you get to come back to life and be god again---big deal. And please, I don't mean this to be snarky or snide or sacrilegious, but if you rise from the dead then whatever you suffered during life appears meaningless.

All right. Then you have no business complaining about your life when you find yourself standing before God, ready to give an accounting for it.

Yes, the Biblical suffering was terrible, but I do not think anyone can argue that it was the worst any human ever suffered---crucifixion was SOP, people have been burned at the stake, I think native Americans sometimes skinned their captives alive.

Jesus drank the cup of God's wrath -- noone else could even possibly do that. Getting crucified was the easy part.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Really, then help me out, show some Christian charity, why is your god only fair after you are dead? Clearly, before you die he does not really care about you, else life would be much easier. Oh, or is this all Adam and Eve's fault?
This is a false question as it assumes God isn't fair before we die; which is a fallacy. God is nothing but fair, from eternity to eternity. Always was, is now and always will be.:e4e:

Jukia

This is a false question as it assumes God isn't fair before we die; which is a fallacy. God is nothing but fair, from eternity to eternity. Always was, is now and always will be.:e4e:

You are the one who brought up your god's alleged fairness after death.

Your god was clearly not fair to all the children he killed in the Flood. Unless of course you have your own particular fundy definition of fairness.

Daedalean's_Sun

Hi Jukia! Actually, it is expected and there is nothing unusual at all, sadly, when atheists and evolutionists show themselves as science deniers whenever that science challenges their dogma that nothing created everything.

-Bob Enyart

Bob, are you insisting there is nothing unusual about finding dinosaur fossils that are not fully permineralized? Nothing unusual about recovering what are ostensibly heme and Osteocalcin remnants from dinosaur fossils? I beg to differ. The Schweitzer specimen find is significant insofar as it is unique in these regards. So unique, in fact, that it has never been observed before assuming these fragments are not of paleo-bacteria, but are genuine..

Typically dinosaur fossils are fully permineralized, that is the mineral content of the surrounding strata has leeched into and replaced bone with such completeness that what we have is essentially a rock cast of what once was. It is the absence of this permineralization that remnants of soft tissue (microscopic) heme and Osteocalcin fragments are able to be found. If this were simply a result of the young age of the fossil (as some YECs would insist) then why do we not find the same of other dinosaur fossils? Why are all other dinosaur fossils so completely and consistently permineralized? And at a rate higher than extant taxa? The fact of the matter is that whatever is responsible is an exceptionally rare occurrence.

The Schweitzer specimen was discovered in the Hell Creek formation of the Upper Cretaceous and lower Paleocene. These facts considered, suggests that it isn't the fossil that is young, but rather that it is the protein fragments which are old. Arguments that these fossils are only a few thousand years old, are a bit silly if you have more than a farcical comprehension of how fossils age is determined, or how fossilization occurs.

6days

..., or how fossilization occurs.
Fossilisation can happen rapidly. I have seen a tree root that was fossilized in hours. (Fallen high voltage power lines and wet soil). It doesn't take "millions and millions" of years.
The fossil record is abundant with evidence of a catastrophic event and of a rapid process that preserves even soft body organisms

Jukia

Fossilisation can happen rapidly. I have seen a tree root that was fossilized in hours. (Fallen high voltage power lines and wet soil). It doesn't take "millions and millions" of years.
The fossil record is abundant with evidence of a catastrophic event and of a rapid process that preserves even soft body organisms

Well, a high voltage line falling on a T. rex would be a catastrophic event!

Daedalean's_Sun

That is to say that you saw wood petrify under extraneous circumstances, ergo the entire fossil record is recent (err: specious).

6days

That is to say that you saw wood petrify under extraneous circumstances, ergo the entire fossil record is recent (err: specious).
The point...fossilization can happen rapidly. There is abundant evidence of a catastrophic event that caused fossil graveyards around the world. An event that preserved many soft bodied animals such as jellyfish. An event that captured dinosaurs fighting. An event that preserved turtles 'doing it'. An event that preserved many dinosaurs in the drowning position / head thrown back. An event that buried a pod of whales fossilizing them before predators or oxidation could destroy. An event that preserved fish giving birth and feeding...Etc etc.
Fossilization can and does happen quickly.

Jukia

The point...fossilization can happen rapidly. There is abundant evidence of a catastrophic event that caused fossil graveyards around the world. An event that preserved many soft bodied animals such as jellyfish. An event that captured dinosaurs fighting. An event that preserved turtles 'doing it'. An event that preserved many dinosaurs in the drowning position / head thrown back. An event that buried a pod of whales fossilizing them before predators or oxidation could destroy. An event that preserved fish giving birth and feeding...Etc etc.
Fossilization can and does happen quickly.

Ah, yes, so when did those catastrophic events happen? Are they all connected to The Flood, and how do we know?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You are the one who brought up your god's alleged fairness after death.
And in no way did I imply He wasn't fair before.

Your god was clearly not fair to all the children he killed in the Flood. Unless of course you have your own particular fundy definition of fairness.
God knows the definition of "fair." And as you do not know Him, nor does He know you, you do not know what is fair and what is not.

Of course, your argument fails anyway, as you don't believe the flood happened anyway.

Jukia

Of course, your argument fails anyway, as you don't believe the flood happened anyway.

You are wrong, it is not my belief, it is fact---there was no big world wild Flood a few thousand years ago.

But you and your Holy Book claim there was and further claim that every living thing (well other than some insects and perhaps some other creatures without the "breath of life"___is that the right term) were killed in the Flood. That story then requires all human infants (your Book does not indicate any on the Boat) to be killed in the Flood. The Book claims your god caused the Flood. Your god therefore "knew" that to be fair. Nice god.