Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

rexlunae

We already did all this in the Phil Robertson thread some time ago.
I'm From Detroit, Michigan.
Other people are from other places.
We learned in the Phil Robertson thread that High school Seniors dating High school Freshmen was completely normal in The South.
That's not normal in the North.
Are you being Ethnocentric rexlunae?

Nope. Just don't think adults should hit on teens. But what you're describing wasn't even legal in Alabama.

Nice cultural relativism though.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That is the age a child's parents can approve of a marriage. Women, treated like chattel, and married such, can have it annulled in most other states.

The legal age to enter into and sign contracts is 18, so it is technically illegal

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is the age a child's parents can approve of a marriage. Women, treated like chattel, and married such, can have it annulled in most other states.

The legal age to enter into and sign contracts is 18, so it is technically illegal
18 is the National standard age.
And according to Wikipedia a couple of states have the age as high as 21.
But underage children (16 and 17) can be married with parental concent, and even younger if pregnancy is involved.

This part was interesting ....

Between 2000 and 2015, 87% of child marriages in the U.S. involved underage girls, while 13% involved underage boys.

fool

Hall of Fame
That is because of the tax cut bill.
I'd say it's the whole agenda.
The only persons who should care about that are those invested in the stock market, usually heavily invested.
We're all invested, anyone with a 401k has in a mix of mutual funds and bond funds and the bond funds are still traded on the stock market right?

All other are being taken for a ride and that is how it has been and still is in Alabama.
Aren't we already on a ride?

fool

Hall of Fame
Nope. Just don't think adults should hit on teens. But what you're describing wasn't even legal in Alabama.
Cite to kissing 16 year old being Illegal in Alabama?

Nice cultural relativism though.
What's the difference between Cultural Relativism and being Ethnocentric?
Do you demand a Senator from the South conform to your ideas of propriety?
There's no doubt that he was 38 when he married his wife who was 24.
Are you going to try too keep him from the Senate for that?

fool

Hall of Fame
No, that's the age of sexual consent in Alabama then and now.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_accused_of_sexual_mi.html
The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16.
Nope, he could have had sex with 16 year olds and there's nothing anyone could do about it.
Cite me where I'm wrong. Cause I'd love to be wrong.

fool

Hall of Fame
18 is the National standard age.
And according to Wikipedia a couple of states have the age as high as 21.
But underage children (16 and 17) can be married with parental concent, and even younger if pregnancy is involved.

This part was interesting ....

Between 2000 and 2015, 87% of child marriages in the U.S. involved underage girls, while 13% involved underage boys.

Cite on that?
Is that the age of marriage or of sexual consent?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:doh:
Another person I'll be selling a bridge to

“My salary does not come by way of a regular salary from the Foundation, but through a special project that I run so that I don’t inhibit the Foundation,”

That special project was "Project Jeremiah," a fundraising effort spearheaded by Moore that the former Alabama chief justice proposed would pay for his special salary. However, a deal with the group stated that the charity would pay the difference if Project Jeremiah was unable to fund Moore's desired $180,000 in a given year, according to the Post.

Despite this, the group was unable to afford to pay all of Moore's salary when he left the group in 2012 and instead gave him a promissory note that eventually became worth $540,000 or an equal stake in a historic building in Montgomery, Ala., the charity's most valuable asset, the newspaper reported.

He said he didn't receive a regular salary. It turns out he did. He received a regular salary of $180,000 per year.

"But privately, Moore had arranged to receive a salary of $180,000 a year for part-time work at the Foundation for Moral Law, internal charity documents show. He collected more than $1 million as president from 2007 to 2012, compensation that far surpassed what the group disclosed in its public tax filings most of those years."

“Project Jeremiah” was a shell game set up to get Roy Moore the $180,000 per year (his regular salary).

Ya'll really do hate rich folks dontcha?

That 180,000 was for part time labor.

And he only got that one year, hardly regular no matter how yuh slice it.

WizardofOz

Ya'll really do hate rich folks dontcha?

Nope. I just don't like liars.

That 180,000 was for part time labor.

And he only got that one year, hardly regular no matter how yuh slice it.

Don't let the facts bother you.
In total, Moore was paid more than $1 million by the charity from 2007 to 2012, when he was the organization’s president. In his last two years as president, Moore personally wound up with roughly a third of the group’s total contributions

Do you ever bother to check the facts before you post?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Nope. I just don't like liars.

Don't let the facts bother you.
In total, Moore was paid more than $1 million by the charity from 2007 to 2012, when he was the organization’s president. In his last two years as president, Moore personally wound up with roughly a third of the group’s total contributions

Do you ever bother to check the facts before you post?

Actually I never saw the date he supposedly said he wasn't taking a regular salary.

Was it before or after he became president?

And this is still irrelevant to missing information about money he wasn't paid.

rexlunae

Cite to kissing 16 year old being Illegal in Alabama?

No one said that, don't be absurd. But with a 14-year-old? Or how about calling a girl at her high school, after she'd already turned him down at the mall? Creepy and predatory, but not on its face illegal. And well within the sphere of public interest.

What's the difference between Cultural Relativism and being Ethnocentric?

What's the similarity?

Do you demand a Senator from the South conform to your ideas of propriety?

To some extent.

WizardofOz

Actually I never saw the date he supposedly said he wasn't taking a regular salary.

Was it before or after he became president?

Google is your friend.

And this is still irrelevant to missing information about money he wasn't paid.

What are you talking about? He's already bilked his foundation for more than $1 million and that's just between 2007 and 2012. You want them to pay him more?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's been well established that the WAPO lied about Moore sexually harassing and molesting teenage girls. Let's discuss those lies first Aaron and once we both agree that the rainbow flag wavers at the WAPO are pathetic liars, let's talk about how the liars at WAPO are calling a 501c3 tax exempt organization that "fights to protect the Constitution and protect the heritage of our Country" a "charity".

WARNING! Left wingers/Libertarians are going to find the following website disgusting, as it mentions God numerous times!

http://morallaw.org/

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

I can understand a 32 year old having sex with a 16 year old as predatory, but is simply dating without any sexual conduct or talking predatory as well with a girl who is at the age of consent?

If so , why is it?

I ask because Moore met his wife when she was young but at the age of consent and married her 8 years later.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can understand a 32 year old having sex with a 16 year old as predatory, but is simply dating without any sexual conduct or talking predatory as well with a girl who is at the age of consent?

If so , why is it?

I ask because Moore met his wife when she was young but at the age of consent and married her 8 years later.

Other than Roy Moore meeting a younger woman and later marrying her and contributing to the nucleus of society (creating a family), do you have any evidence showing Roy Moore "dating" teenage girls as the WAPO/WizardofOz smear job against Moore claim?

So that this important post doesn't fade away:

Bump.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-believe-you&p=5140497&viewfull=1#post5140497

rexlunae

If so , why is it?

By "young", you mean 16. That's creepy.

And I don't really buy that he's picking up teenage girls in order to hold their hands and take them to the movies.