Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In this case, reporter Stephanie McCrummen was in Alabama as part of The Post’s coverage of the race. She explained the genesis of the story to NPR last week.

I was in Alabama actually reporting another story on Roy Moore supporters, a story aiming to understand, you know, the basis of his support in the state. And it was at the end of a long conversation with someone there that these allegations surfaced. So none of these women — none of the women in this story sought out The Washington Post. No one promoted this story to The Washington Post. And all of the women went through quite a long process deciding whether to come forward.​

Ah, thanks. That's helpful.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Now comes Roy Moore who might really be a creep but he was the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court TWICE (after getting removed once)

Twice. Once for defying the First Amendment, and once for defying the Supreme Court.

so nobody is going to convince me that they just crawled out from under a rock and realized that the Roy Moore that is running for Senate is THAT Roy Moore they dated in high school. If the allegations are true then all these women just happened to wait until one month before the election to come forward.

When it would do the most damage.

Turns out the 14-YO he molested had discussed it with others at the time. So that's not going to help him.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you think Weinstein is guilty?

angry-old-man-4.jpg

THAT'S DIFFERENT!

WizardofOz

Don't know, all I can see is the frame job.

Didn't watch any.

Come on, fool. At lease do your due diligence if you're going to create a threat casting doubt on Moore's accusers. See for yourself if he and his lawyer pass the sniff test.

fool

Hall of Fame
For Roy Moore’s insistent defenders: Here’s why now

Of course it’s not a coincidence that the women came forward just as Moore is seeking election to the Senate — but not in the way Moore means.

Moore has been a controversial figure in American politics for some time but mostly at the edges. His fight to preserve a monument to the Ten Commandments in a state building 15 years ago gained him national attention — but not necessarily national importance. Now, he’s seeking election to the Senate, one of 100 people who make up one half of the legislative branch of government. It’s a much more important fight nationally, and, as a result, has attracted much more attention.

There’s a reason that people with skeletons in their closets are loath to seek elected office: Once they do, the scrutiny that is a natural part of the campaign process threatens to expose those skeletons. This is less true for lower-level elected positions, where there is less media attention and fewer resources. For something like the Senate or the presidency, though, that scrutiny is both intense — and should be expected.

In this case, reporter Stephanie McCrummen was in Alabama as part of The Post’s coverage of the race. She explained the genesis of the story to NPR last week.

I was in Alabama actually reporting another story on Roy Moore supporters, a story aiming to understand, you know, the basis of his support in the state. And it was at the end of a long conversation with someone there that these allegations surfaced. So none of these women — none of the women in this story sought out The Washington Post. No one promoted this story to The Washington Post. And all of the women went through quite a long process deciding whether to come forward.​

There’s a more subtle aspect to “why now” that’s worth pointing out. Why did the story drop last week? Because that was when the story was ready, after dozens of interviews and a great deal of verification, down to the date of court appearances 38 years ago.

Why now? Because that’s when an important story about a man who is right now seeking election to the Senate was unearthed, researched and vetted. It’s no more complicated than that.

He was a Supreme Court Chief Justice of Alabama. So the "Researched and Vetted" argument is dead in the water.
He's been there and back.

fool

Hall of Fame
Come on, fool. At lease do your due diligence if you're going to create a threat casting doubt on Moore's accusers. See for yourself if he and his lawyer pass the sniff test.

Gimme your best link. I'll watch it because you recomend it.
That's the respect that being on this board with you for a decade earns.

WizardofOz

ClimateSanity

Roy-Moore.jpg

Two more women have come forward raising the number of accusers to 7 - the only reason conservatives continue to support him is because he is one of their own, if he was a Democrat they'd be demanding swift justice!

The ban from the Mall for harassing teenage girls in the 1980's takes this beyond the "he said, she said" stage - it confirms that as a 30 year old he was "cruising" for teenage girls and making unwanted advances!
When did these police officers give these quotes? Before the story broke or after?

ClimateSanity

Meanwhile, those who actually have something to lose by disavowing Moore are speaking out

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, declared, “I believe the women.” Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado, the head of the Senate Republican campaign arm, said that the Senate should vote to expel Mr. Moore, a former State Supreme Court judge, if he won “because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate.”

Roy Moore Is Accused of Sexual Misconduct by a Fifth Woman
How do you figure McConnell has something to lose by disavowing Moore?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Journalist Grant Stern did some research on Roy Moore's lawyer and found that Trenton Garmon was disbarred (90-day disbarment) in Alabama a few years ago for impersonating a pastor to solicit as clients the parents of a child who'd died in an auto accident. Moore (judge at the time) voted to uphold Garmon's disbarment.

DOtnoOcUEAAn-4g.jpg

smh...

Danoh

How do you figure McConnell has something to lose by disavowing Moore?

:chuckle: it appears Wizard had meant "ARE disavowing Moore BY speaking out" - this better matches what Wizard then posted as an evidence.

Slip of the typing...happen's all the time on people's posts.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

What a waste of time.

The "I got your back brother... 10 commandments guy... this needs to end now... I'll do anything you need done... anything you need because you deserve to be in office, all you got to do is let me know which way you want to go" shows how much he actually knows about his stepmom:

12:15: "I don't have no ties with this woman. I know who she is, she's been in the family for a long time. But I've only personally met her a few - bunch - of times....

ClimateSanity

:chuckle: it appears Wizard had meant "ARE disavowing Moore BY speaking out" - this better matches what Wizard then posted as an evidence.

Slip of the typing...happen's all the time on people's posts.
Still, what does McConnell have to lose by speaking out?

ClimateSanity

What a waste of time.

The "I got your back brother... 10 commandments guy... this needs to end now... I'll do anything you need done... anything you need because you deserve to be in office, all you got to do is let me know which way you want to go" shows how much he actually knows about his stepmom:

12:15: "I don't have no ties with this woman. I know who she is, she's been in the family for a long time. But I've only personally met her a few - bunch - of times....
Did you have a point to make with those comments?