ECT Romans 4:3 What saith the scripture?

oatmeal

There is such a thing as a good, healthy sense of skepticism

Is there a reason to believe what someone says the Bible says?

Check it out for yourself.

Acts 17:11. John 5:39

II Timothy 2:15

A wise student of God's word is not gullible, but wants to substantiate what he is taught by his own searching.

Who here has changed their mind when they learned how scripture actually reads?

In what way?

oatmeal

I can give some simple examples.

Matthew 12:40 Tradition only allows for 3 days and 2 nights at best

Matthew 2:11 the wise men showed up at a house, not a stable. There is no mention in scripture of how many there were. These magi met a young child, not an infant, not a baby, and his mother, there is no mention of Joseph or shepherds when the magi arrived

Exodus 20:25 altars of hewn stone are polluted

Genesis 1:3-19 God does not state that he created on the first through fourth day. He does state that he created on the fifth and sixth day.

oatmeal

God does not use evil to accomplish good, likewise we are not to use evil to accomplish good.

I John 4:8 God is love

I John 1:5 God is light, not darkness.

Romans 12:21

oatmeal

Luke 22:19

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

The communion service is for remembrance, a memorial. Jesus does not call it a sacrament.

Where is any mention of what is in the cup?

The declaration of "this is my body" is a metaphor, ie, this bread represents Jesus' body, which was broken for our benefit, for our healing.

Jesus used metaphors, one of many figures of speech he used, to teach truth, ie, "this cup is the new testament" is the cup literally the new testament? No more so than the bread is literally Jesus' body

1 Corinthians 11:24

And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

oatmeal

Romans 8:1 There is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus

God does not condemn us once we are His. We are dead to sin, that is , sin nature, and are exhorted to never let ourselves be subject to that sin nature ever again.

Romans 6

DAN P

There is such a thing as a good, healthy sense of skepticism

Is there a reason to believe what someone says the Bible says?

Check it out for yourself.

Acts 17:11. John 5:39

II Timothy 2:15

A wise student of God's word is not gullible, but wants to substantiate what he is taught by his own searching.

Who here has changed their mind when they learned how scripture actually reads?

In what way?

Hi , and in Acts 17:11 they are commended and only to believe what the scriptures say !

In John 5:39 does not apply to the Body of Christ , period !!

2 Tim 2:15 the verb " to show " is in the 2000 years Aorist Tense or Past Tense !!

The verb " rightly dividing " is in the Greek Present Tense and we are to Continuously rightly divid as it is in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND to always rightly divide !!

If you do not , you are Dis-obeying God Himself !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Last edited:

Aimiel

I learned what this Scripture means, through meditation.

Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

I meditated it for about two months, reading the whole chapter over and over, mulling over the words, asking The Holy Ghost to reveal the answer. He did. When we speak about The Lord under the anointing The Holy Ghost brings when two or more are gathered in His Name, His Spirit causes us to remember things much more clearly than normal and gives us NEW knowledge as we open our mouths to speak and reveal His Mystery to others. He is always willing to reveal more Truth as we seek to glorify His Holy Name.

DAN P

oatmeal;4 II Timothy 2:15 In what way?[/QUOTE said:
Hi , and it for today , to Rightly Divide BETWEEN the Mystery ( Eph 3:9 ) and between the Kingdom of Heaven and without that DIVISION we get many DIVISIONS as we see here !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and in Acts 17:11 they are commended and only to believe what the scriptures say !

2 Tim 2:15 the verb " to show " is in the 2000 years Aorist Tense ot [ast Tense !!

The verb " rightly dividing " is in the Greek Present Tense and we are to Continuously rightly divid as it is in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND to always rightly divide !!

If you do not , you are Dis-obeying God Himself !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Scriptures is God authored, it behooves to know for sure what is written

So, you don't search scriptures? What do you search? People magazine? The National Enquirer? Time Magazine?

2 Tim 2:15 the verb " to show " is in the 2000 years Aorist Tense ot [ast Tense !!

So you have no interest in showing yourself approved of God?

That's good to know. Paul spoke in tongues much, I Corinthians 14:18, he rightly divided the word of truth.

oatmeal

I learned what this Scripture means, through meditation.

Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

I meditated it for about two months, reading the whole chapter over and over, mulling over the words, asking The Holy Ghost to reveal the answer. He did. When we speak about The Lord under the anointing The Holy Ghost brings when two or more are gathered in His Name, His Spirit causes us to remember things much more clearly than normal and gives us NEW knowledge as we open our mouths to speak and reveal His Mystery to others. He is always willing to reveal more Truth as we seek to glorify His Holy Name.

You meditated on what scripture says. Without scripture, we have no anchor for our soul, no Rock, no Redeemer

oatmeal

Another great truth that scripture taught what I needed to know is Galatians 6:1

In order to help someone we need to be spiritually minded which comes only from learning and living scripture.

Not being spiritually minded is a sure recipe for disaster.

DAN P

So, you don't search scriptures? What do you search? People magazine? The National Enquirer? Time Magazine?

That's good to know. Paul spoke in tongues much, I Corinthians 14:18, he rightly divided the word of truth.

Hi , and Paul has much to say , like do NOT fall from Grace into a Kingdom Gospel , or to IMITATE , Paul as he IMITATES Christ , or to make all see what is the Dispensation of the Mystery and you do not do any of this !!:bang::bang:

dan p

DAN P

Hi , and Paul has much to say , like do NOT fall from Grace into a Kingdom Gospel , or to IMITATE , Paul as he IMITATES Christ , or to make all see what is the Dispensation of the Mystery and you do not do any of this !!:bang::bang:

dan p

oatmeal

dan p

Dan,

Could you clarify your comment?

Maybe add some scripture references?

And maybe you could explain why you think you have any evidence to support your allegations

oatmeal

Hey oats! Do you believe the body of Christ is a multi-membered body?

Have you read I Corinthians 12:12-31

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Romans 12

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

What saith the scripture?

Cross Reference

Have you read I Corinthians 12:12-31

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Romans 12

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

What saith the scripture?

What saith the scripture about the three who bear record in heaven?

oatmeal

1John 5:7,8 (KJV)

Do some digging.

You will find that the KJV of I John 5:7-8 reads as follows:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

However, the textual evidence shows that the words "in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one And there are three that bear witness in earth,"

are not in any Greek texts prior to the sixteenth century, "They were first seen in the margin of some Latin copies. Thence they have crept into the text" per EW Bullinger from his Companion Bible. He supports the trinity in his Companion Bible and in his NT Lexicon and Concordance.

Thus, the scripture does not contain a genuine passage, " about the three who bear record in heaven"

That is another wonderful truth I learned about the integrity of scripture.