Robb Elementary School shooting

marke

We are not Switzerland. We never were, and we never will be. These fantasies of every-man-a-soldier are absurd and outdated. Just idiotic. And even the Swiss realize it. Your cache of army guns and parafinalia aren't going to do you any good at all if we are ever actually attacked by any modern nation's military. They also aren't going to do you any good at all if you are attacked by our own military. So apart from idiots playing fantasy army man, that junk is useless to civilians. Except to lunatics who want to murder blacks and gays and school children.
Good Americans know they have the right to bear arms for personal protection regardless of what anti-American tyrannical fascist officials say to the contrary.

marke

Which is why we need to stop those people from getting those guns.
Leftists are doing a piss-poor job of taking guns out of the hands of criminals. But is that what they are really after or do they just want to get guns out of the hands of law-abiding patriotic Americans? What was Obama thinking by giving guns to drug cartel gangsters in the infamous Fast and Furious fiasco?

marke

So your theory is that if gun regulation can't completely stop all gun crime, we should have no regulation at all.

But then, motor vehicle regulation and traffic laws don't stop all motor vehicle crime, so I guess we need to get rid of those, too. And the laws against kidnapping, rape, and torture don't completely stop kidnapping, rape, and torture, either, so I guess we'll have to eliminate those laws, too. Because the theory here, is if we cannot achieve 100% compliance, we should do nothing at all.

Right?
Lefties do not like to talk about their existing gun regulations that have not slowed thugs from murdering others with guns. Leftist liberal gun laws are not working to get guns out of the hands of murderous thugs. No gun law will do that. Why must lefties keep ignoring the facts and pushing disastrous policies that will only make matters worse?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So your theory is that if gun regulation can't completely stop all gun crime, we should have no regulation at all.

I see. Can't address things I actually say, so you make up other things to reply to.

But then, motor vehicle regulation and traffic laws don't stop all motor vehicle crime, so I guess we need to get rid of those, too. And the laws against kidnapping, rape, and torture don't completely stop kidnapping, rape, and torture, either, so I guess we'll have to eliminate those laws, too. Because the theory here, is if we cannot achieve 100% compliance, we should do nothing at all.

Right?
Wrong

glassjester

Lefties do not like to talk about their existing gun regulations that have not slowed thugs from murdering others with guns. Leftist liberal gun laws are not working to get guns out of the hands of murderous thugs. No gun law will do that. Why must lefties keep ignoring the facts and pushing disastrous policies that will only make matters worse?

If they had their way, the heroic woman (but not the would-be killer) in that story would've been unarmed.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I call them stupid just like I call you Democrats stupid.

They are not as free as we are Karen. And more than that they are not Americans, again, just like you.

Guns flow in the American blood: It is our culture because a private armed citizenry is how our nation was born. The armed citizen, together with the small continental army, plus a few other friends, defeated the mighty British Crown and created the greatest nation ever to exist in the history of mankind, a nation where we understood that our rights come from God and government exists only to protect those rights. We tore loose the shackles of oppression and, and we did it thanks to the private citizen gun owner. And that has been our tradition ever sense.

You have another tradition: The Wussie tradition. Wussies like Big Mommy Government to protect them. If you like that then move to Europe

Guess what: Its time to grow up and be adults and come to grips with the fact that in this world bad things happen. So wipe your Karen tears, trade in your diapers for boxers, and grow up.

Do you have coprolalia? Asking for a friend...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

As we think about that moral responsibility, you tweeted Wednesday morning about “sacralizing death’s instruments,” which is a very powerful phrase. Can you talk more about that?

Well, I was referring to the fact that the discourse we’ve had now for decades about any attempt to control weapons that can cause grave damage — some of which moves have been enacted into law and others which have been resisted — is countered with a description that [gun ownership] is basically an individual’s sacred right, that no matter what the cost, it must be preserved.

And when I say “sacralized,” I mean that we make it seem almost as if it detracts from human dignity, or the human good, simply to say that we need to have some reasonable limit on these things. To say something is sacralized is to say it’s almost taken out of any possibility for conversation.

It is a strong statement, but we do sometimes speak about things that way, and I must say that in some sense, we have kind of sacralized the whole idea of the individual right, such that it trumps any communal concern. It becomes an untouchable aspect in the discourse, that the common concern for the good of the vulnerable is not in any way sufficient to limit the individual right to determine whether or not I want to own this kind of a gun, or that kind of gun, or, you know, a hand grenade for that matter.

So when you sacralize it, you kind of make it basically closed for discussion, because we practically treat it as if it were sacred.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

As we think about that moral responsibility, you tweeted Wednesday morning about “sacralizing death’s instruments,” which is a very powerful phrase. Can you talk more about that?

Well, I was referring to the fact that the discourse we’ve had now for decades about any attempt to control weapons that can cause grave damage — some of which moves have been enacted into law and others which have been resisted — is countered with a description that [gun ownership] is basically an individual’s sacred right, that no matter what the cost, it must be preserved.

And when I say “sacralized,” I mean that we make it seem almost as if it detracts from human dignity, or the human good, simply to say that we need to have some reasonable limit on these things. To say something is sacralized is to say it’s almost taken out of any possibility for conversation.

It is a strong statement, but we do sometimes speak about things that way, and I must say that in some sense, we have kind of sacralized the whole idea of the individual right, such that it trumps any communal concern. It becomes an untouchable aspect in the discourse, that the common concern for the good of the vulnerable is not in any way sufficient to limit the individual right to determine whether or not I want to own this kind of a gun, or that kind of gun, or, you know, a hand grenade for that matter.

So when you sacralize it, you kind of make it basically closed for discussion, because we practically treat it as if it were sacred.
"guns that are easier to obtain than aspirin" 😂

Maybe next time you can find somebody to quote who isn't a retard

marke

Democrats claim that seizing the guns of all Americans will remove guns from the hands of crooks and thugs. What a stupid claim.

PureX

Democrats claim that seizing the guns of all Americans will remove guns from the hands of crooks and thugs. What a stupid claim.
No one claims or suggests anything of the sort. Doesn't it bother you to lie like that?

marke

No one claims or suggests anything of the sort. Doesn't it bother you to lie like that?
Democrats want to ban private gun ownership in America. Why deny tens of millions their constitutional rights just because a handful continue to exercise violence in spite of every past effort of lawmakers to stop the violent from being violent? One reason the soft-on-crime lefties want to take guns away from all Americans is that they think such an experiment might actually slow or stop violent murders. Those ideas are stupid, but lefties still want to try them, which is a really bad idea.

Why ban guns?

5.) Most gun crimes are committed by inner city gangs and drug dealers. These relatively small and geographically restricted groups consistently commit the majority of gun crimes, which usually peak as turf wars erupt over Drug War changes. The best way to prevent this is by denying guns to all law abiding people everywhere.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
FT7_fysVIAELH-O

marke

Illegal guns are used to murder thousands of Americans each year, yet gun laws have failed to stop thugs from getting them. Guns and drugs flow through the open southern border every day thanks to democrats who are stuck on stupid. Current laws are not stopping the flow.

marke

Clearly we need a better way of preventing murderers from legally obtaining the weapons.

What's your suggestion?
Soothsayers? What could have prevented the deranged leftist Sanders supporter from buying a gun apart from predicting the future? Making murder illegal? No, that did not work.

Rifle used by James T. Hodgkinson to shoot Steve Scalise purchased legally, FBI says​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Soothsayers? What could have prevented the deranged leftist Sanders supporter from buying a gun apart from predicting the future? Making murder illegal? No, that did not work.

Rifle used by James T. Hodgkinson to shoot Steve Scalise purchased legally, FBI says​

My suggestion is a swift trial and a swift public painful execution. And a taboo on the shooter's name - let him be forgotten and never spoken of again. Similarly with the national publication of the tragedy as a spectator sport. Let the parents grieve in peace.