Rep. Joseph Chaplik Showing Some Startling Insight

Right Divider

Body part
Here's an opportunity for you to learn something, if you're willing, rather than relying on cherry picking data to tie in with your confirmation bias. As you've already been shown, the CDC supports the efficacy of lockdowns and other safety measures in order to reduce the flow of the virus, protocols that you seemingly don't support. Not as simple as what you would have it reduced to however as outlined in the CDC articles themselves and also the following:

(Me pretending to be you) The LA Times? They just cherry-pick drivel.

If you think that a LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA news paper won't be a bit biased in favor of THEIR STATE... well... have fun ...

Arthur Brain

I read it... there was lots of speculation... like winter effected CA but not FL.
You skimmed it at best. It went into complex detail as to why there was a similarity with the figures on an initial level but then explained the reasons why with comparisons to other states. It favours safety protocols but also explained as to why. I'm not surprised that you don't want to entertain anything that doesn't fit in with your cherry picking though.

Right Divider

Body part
You skimmed it at best. It went into complex detail as to why there was a similarity with the figures on an initial level but then explained the reasons why with comparisons to other states. It favours safety protocols but also explained as to why. I'm not surprised that you don't want to entertain anything that doesn't fit in with your cherry picking though.
Your article does not counter the clear and self-evident numbers from the CDC.
If your draconian lock downs actually "worked", Florida's numbers would be FAR WORSE than the lock down states.

Arthur Brain

Your article does not counter the clear and self-evident numbers from the CDC.
If your draconian lock downs actually "worked", Florida's numbers would be FAR WORSE than the lock down states.
The CDC supports lockdown measures, social distancing and mask wearing as effective in curtailing the spread of the virus, which common sense should tell you as to why. There's nothing 'draconian' about implementing such in the situation of a global pandemic of a new virus that has undergone constant mutations in the relatively short time its been here. Lockdowns have been shown to work around the world.

Right Divider

Body part
The CDC supports lockdown measures, social distancing and mask wearing as effective in curtailing the spread of the virus, which common sense should tell you as to why.
That has nothing to do with the ACTUAL NUMBERS from the CDC.
The NUMBERS destroy your false narrative and also that of the CDC.
There's nothing 'draconian' about implementing such in the situation of a global pandemic of a new virus that has undergone constant mutations in the relatively short time its been here. Lockdowns have been shown to work around the world.
The lockdowns cause untold hardship and DEATH that you simply ignore.

Arthur Brain

That has nothing to do with the ACTUAL NUMBERS from the CDC.
The NUMBERS destroy your false narrative and also that of the CDC.

The lockdowns cause untold hardship and DEATH that you simply ignore.
Um, you can hardly have it both ways where it comes to the CDC. As with the links I provided to you, the CDC supports lockdowns and has the data to support the efficacy of them along with other safety measures. All you've done is cherry pick two states as if that's the yardstick as to the effectiveness of such while ignoring all determining factors as to why that was the case.

I don't ignore how hard and unpleasant lockdowns are and the ramifications such can be for the economy, mental health, impact on wellbeing and other reasons. I've lived through one for the best part of the last year, hated it, still do and can't wait for things to get back to 'normal' so I can go to my local pub, see friends outside of a little bubble and meet up with people I haven't seen in months. So, if you want to have a rational conversation regarding lockdowns sans the silly little insults and ignorance then be my guest. Otherwise, it's pointless trying to have such with you.

Last edited:

way 2 go

Here's an opportunity for you to learn something, if you're willing, rather than relying on cherry picking data to tie in with your confirmation bias. As you've already been shown, the CDC supports the efficacy of lockdowns and other safety measures in order to reduce the flow of the virus, protocols that you seemingly don't support. Not as simple as what you would have it reduced to however as outlined in the CDC articles themselves and also the following:

the whole article is like throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if they can get anything to stick

"The shrinking difference in the death rates is likely the product of California’s higher levels of poverty, "
which the covid lockdown caused

California’s rate of overcrowding in homes, a metric linked to coronavirus spread, is also more than double Florida’s.

Arthur Brain

the whole article is like throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if they can get anything to stick

"The shrinking difference in the death rates is likely the product of California’s higher levels of poverty, "

California’s rate of overcrowding in homes, a metric linked to coronavirus spread, is also more than double Florida’s.
You really have an absolute aversion to wearing masks or any sort of restrictive protocols during a global pandemic crisis no matter what is all I get from you frankly.

Arthur Brain

You cannot tell the difference between CDC numbers (facts) and CDC guidance (opinions).
The guidance is based on the evidence that such measures work, from the extrapolated data etc, as more than amply set out in detail from the links I supplied from the CDC earlier.

Right Divider

Body part
The guidance is based on the evidence that such measures work, from the extrapolated data etc, as more than amply set out in detail from the links I supplied from the CDC earlier.
The DATA clearly refutes that idea. Like this:
2021-03-10_14-00-32.jpg
More senior deaths per capita in the lock down states. i.e., lock downs did NOT work to make the death rate better.

Arthur Brain

The DATA clearly refutes that idea. Like this:
View attachment 630
More senior deaths per capita in the lock down states. i.e., lock downs did NOT work to make the death rate better.
I doubt you've even read the links. Anomalies do not the rule make and the evidence shows that lockdowns, social distancing, mask wearing and increased sanitation work in reducing the curb of transmission. The Guidance is not based on opinion or whim but because of the factual data that led to such being advised.

Right Divider

Body part
I doubt you've even read the links. Anomalies do not the rule make and the evidence shows that lockdowns, social distancing, mask wearing and increased sanitation work in reducing the curb of transmission.
You keep saying this and I keep showing you that the evidence does NOT support the conclusion. It refutes it.
The Guidance is not based on opinion or whim but because of the factual data that led to such being advised.
It is an opinion. Informed from bad ideas. The factual data disagrees with lockdowns.