Religion Masquerading as Science

chair

Experimental results based on a mathematical model can show good results, but that does not mean the model is necessarily the best, or even correct.

It means the model works. And that is pretty much all there is in models.
Of course you don't.
Right, I won't waste time or money on "somebody on the internet"
It's not a religious issue, and I'm not sure why this discussion is bothering you. :idunno:

This is a religion forum.
And this driving need on the part of amateurs to find something wrong with current scientific theories strikes me as odd. Here is a theory that works, that has experimental evidence supporting it, whose math has been examined by thousands of scientists over decades- and along comes somebody_on_the_internet and he knows better.

A scientist would start doubting the current theory when experimental evidence shows that something is wrong- and he would look for that evidence.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It means the model works. And that is pretty much all there is in models.
Of course. And if an alternative model works better, it is a better model.

This driving need on the part of amateurs to find something wrong with current scientific theories strikes me as odd.
Science is the endeavor to show theories wrong.

You've just exposed yourself as anti-science.

Here is a theory that works.
And here is an alternative. What is the problem?

A scientist would start doubting the current theory when experimental evidence shows that something is wrong- and he would look for that evidence.

And you'll never know whether that is exactly what has happened.

chair

Of course. And if an alternative model works better, it is a better model.

There is no need for a "better model" if there aren't any apparent problems with the current one.
Science is the endeavor to show theories wrong.

You've just exposed yourself as anti-science.
And you have cherry-picked from my post in order to state this falsehood. You claim to be a religious man, yet you find it so easy to lie, and spend so much effort just trying to get your fellow man exasperated.

I guess you don't have any mirrors in your house.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no need for a "better model" if there aren't any apparent problems with the current one.
:darwinsm:
And you have cherry-picked from my post in order to state this falsehood. You claim to be a religious man, yet you find it so easy to lie, and spend so much effort just trying to get your fellow man exasperated.
Feel free to step onto the side interested in ideas rather than sand. :up: