Registered awhile back - new to posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettle

I've been lurking here for quite awhile. I registered this account last year and had been visiting the site awhile before that.

I'm not religious. I'm not here to (intentionally) cause trouble though. :)

I enjoy reading threads from start to finish and usually see posts with similar ideas as my own being represented somehow, so I don't feel the need to join in. I don't think I'll post often, but you never know.

Edit: Just realized I put "registed" instead of "registered" in the thread title and I'm not sure how to change that. Is it possible?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let's just all hope Pot doesn't show up with his typically assumptive, racist accusations.

:plain:

Welcome.

Kettle

I'll keep an eye out for this "Pot" character. :chuckle: Thanks TH

Thanks Knight. Is there any way for me to change it for myself in the future, or is that beyond my current level of membership?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, Kettle. :wave:

You'll never be able to edit a thread title. Construct them carefully. :)

Where do you come from?

Kettle

Thanks, Dena.

Why are you from Chicago? :)

I guess I'm from Chicago because that's where my current employer decided to set up shop. I don't really have any ties to this place other than my job. (I have enjoyed Chicago so far though.)

So, why are you from Taipei, Stripe? :)

Are you planning on sticking around TOL long?

I've been visiting TOL regularly for awhile already and plan to stick around, yeah. At the very least, I'll be following whatever threads seem interesting - regardless of how much I end up posting on any of them. I don't have the chance to log in often during the week and rarely catch threads in their infancy. I usually arrive when the discussion is already pages long.

Kettle

What's your "other" religion?

Even though there are quite a few options to choose from, "other" seemed to best describe where I'm at right now. I don't really consider myself Agnostic because I certainly do believe in a god. I admit I'm not really up on what types of people are included under the Agnosticism umbrella. I don't consider myself to be a Christian either, although I was raised (mostly) in an Anabaptist church/family.

I am not religious. I do enjoy following discussions about religious topics and how religion pertains to many, if not all, other aspects of life. I especially like this site because there are so many people with different views on any given subject (political or religious). Even within the Christian community here, the opinions from one individual to another can vary greatly.

Mr. 5020

I've been lurking here for quite awhile. I registered this account last year and had been visiting the site awhile before that.

I'm not religious. I'm not here to (intentionally) cause trouble though. :)

I enjoy reading threads from start to finish and usually see posts with similar ideas as my own being represented somehow, so I don't feel the need to join in. I don't think I'll post often, but you never know.

Edit: Just realized I put "registed" instead of "registered" in the thread title and I'm not sure how to change that. Is it possible?
Welcome to TOL!

Question: how upset do you get about Pot's racial... oh wait...

Let's just all hope Pot doesn't show up with his typically assumptive, racist accusations.

:plain:

Welcome.
Too late. :(

Hi, why do you not believe in God? Why do you call yourself an Atheist when You can't prove God does not exist either? Why do you like the taste of Pepsi? Why do you not like the taste of Pepsi? Who cares? Believers cannot prove the existence of God any more than Science can prove God doesn't exist or can prove the big bang theory or any other theories of how mankind was created. That's why it's called a "theory" because theories cannot be proven either unless/until they are proven.
So perhaps a better question is: why bother exploring why people in God if you have made up your mind that God doesn't exist? You can't even prove why You exist nor can you prove the theory of Atheism. Therefore You don't have a clue about neither God nor Atheism. ;)

But perhaps you’re exploring this forum because you're not truly an atheist either and so you're naturally trying to find out which "theory" is best for You to believe? If so, then you shouldn't be asking this forum. If you want to know if God exists, then you have to ask God. That's the way it works and you're in luck too because your options are simple. It's either True or False that God exists. Which means:
1. False; if God doesn't exist, then you will die an Atheist.
2. True; if God does exist, then you will die an Atheist and then be resurrected and suffer God's wrath for eternity.

Your choice. :) . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.