Reconciled Unto God, NOT Predestinated

beloved57

What is an etiological definition? I can't find the word in my dictionary.

As far as my election goes. I was elected in Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world. God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:19.

False statement not found in scripture!

Nebulaz

CS Lewis said we should argue towards the truth not about it.

If the majority here are Christians, a more kind stance is needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
False statement not found in scripture!

"God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

I suppose you think that is a false statement also. If the whole world has already been reconciled unto God, where does that leave your Calvinist religion?

musterion

There has also been no kindness or grace extended.

1. The apostle Paul was rather ungracious toward the unrepentantly false. Perhaps TOL isn't for you.

2. There's no arguing "for" contradictory truth claims. You didn't respond to that point.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no scripture in the Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. The word "predestinate" only appears in the bible four times. Here is how the word is used.

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself" Ephesians 1:5.

"Being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his will" Ephesians 1:11.

"For whom he did foreknow he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son" Romans 8:29

"Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called" Romans 8:30.

It was predetermined that those in Christ would be holy and without blame.

beloved57

"God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

I suppose you think that is a false statement also. If the whole world has already been reconciled unto God, where does that leave your Calvinist religion?

The scripture isnt false, your statement was !

Nebulaz

1. The apostle Paul was rather ungracious toward the unrepentantly false. Perhaps TOL isn't for you.

2. There's no arguing "for" contradictory truth claims. You didn't respond to that point.

You misinterpreted my reason for joining the conversation. Without first love, then we are nothing. If this place as Robert states is mostly of non-believers, then even more so, if you are both Christian, your goal should always be first brotherly love.

I was responding to how Fish handled his end of the conversation, and acknowledging that Fish and Robert needed to add MORE to their arguments for they were looking around each other on their statements.

If WE as Christians are to make disciples, we should do all things through the cross of Christ, which is love. Truth matters more than life, but we are waging war against principalities that will emasculate our testimony if we stray from what we preach.

Paul as you cited as wrote 1 corinth 13 and he understood that if we ourselves don't represent the light of love we are cursed fig tree.

The posts in this thread have been about building confusion and animosity, and you won't find any truth by those means.

My hope was to show that the thread was so flagrant that it caused me to speak out. My hope is that that is cause for consideration as one speaking from outside looking in at how you represent us.

musterion

You misinterpreted my reason for joining the conversation. Without first love, then we are nothing. If this place as Robert states is mostly of non-believers, then even more so, if you are both Christian, your goal should always be first brotherly love.

I was responding to how Fish handled his end of the conversation, and acknowledging that Fish and Robert needed to add MORE to their arguments for they were looking around each other on their statements.

If WE as Christians are to make disciples, we should do all things through the cross of Christ, which is love. Truth matters more than life, but we are waging war against principalities that will emasculate our testimony if we stray from what we preach.

Paul as you cited as wrote 1 corinth 13 and he understood that if we ourselves don't represent the light of love we are cursed fig tree.

The posts in this thread have been about building confusion and animosity, and you won't find any truth by those means.

My hope was to show that the thread was so flagrant that it caused me to speak out. My hope is that that is cause for consideration as one speaking from outside looking in at how you represent us.

Back up a second.

Who are your brothers, and how did you become brothers? This is not a trick question.

Last edited:

fishrovmen

I may have been guilty of "jesting" with Robert (Ephesians 5:4), but not of exposing the unfruitful works of darkness (Ephesians 5:11). I see that you are new here, and maybe if you look at the myriad of threads Robert has authored, and how many different people have tried to have conversation, without success, you might get a better understanding of what has been/is going on. Welcome to TOL.

Robert Pate

Banned
I may have been guilty of "jesting" with Robert (Ephesians 5:4), but not of exposing the unfruitful works of darkness (Ephesians 5:11). I see that you are new here, and maybe if you look at the myriad of threads Robert has authored, and how many different people have tried to have conversation, without success, you might get a better understanding of what has been/is going on. Welcome to TOL.

You understand what I am saying, you just don't like the answers.

The fact that God has reconciled the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ refutes Calvinism 100%.

No one has been predestinated to salvation. But everyone has been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ so that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Sin has been atoned for, Hebrews 1:3.

Jesus has thrown the gates of heaven wide open so that all that want to be saved can be saved by doing nothing more than calling upon his name.

But that is just to simple for the religious, they want to be predestinated.

beloved57

pates lie

No one has been predestinated to salvation.

Gods Truth Eph 1:5

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Robert Pate

Banned
pates lie

Gods Truth Eph 1:5

[FONT="][FONT="]Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

Maybe you can't read.

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children"

Nothing about being predestinated into salvation. Predestination is in conflict with being reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

It is also in conflict with hundreds of other scriptures in the Bible.

beloved57

Maybe you can't read.

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children"

Nothing about being predestinated into salvation. Predestination is in conflict with being reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

It is also in conflict with hundreds of other scriptures in the Bible.

Thats Salvation !