Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

beloved57

Reprobation of some is a necessary doctrine of the Gospel of God's Grace as is Sovereign discriminating Grace in Election is. Take it away and we forfeit the Gospel of God's Grace.

Sonnet

Reprobation of some is a necessary doctrine of the Gospel of God's Grace as is Sovereign discriminating Grace in Election is. Take it away and we forfeit the Gospel of God's Grace.

The OP makes a clear argument as to why salvation is available, conditionally, for all. Your statement is just an assertion. Are you suggesting I might do as you do thus:

Calvinistic reprobation of some isn't a necessary doctrine of the Gospel nor is Sovereign discrimination in Election. Introduce it and we forfeit the Gospel.

?

I wont though.

Sonnet

When it comes to any "before-ness" concerning Yeshua they have eliminated it from their "infallible" texts, (it used to be in Luke 3:22, and in Codex Bezae only may it still be found even though most modern translations refuse to note this fact). However the author of Hebrews reveals that the full decree from the Father to the Son, quoted from Psalms 2:7 in Luke 3:22, was still assumed as common knowledge to the reader when the epistle to the Hebrews was penned, (see Hebrews 1:4-5). But of course if there was indeed any time within time when the Father said to the Son, "This day have I begotten thee", then it clearly follows that, "Houston, Trinity has a problem: eternal Son doctrine is down for the count." What is also alarming is how the author of Hebrews clearly puts his comments in the context of inheritance while everyone knows the old doctrine they tried to snuff out was called the adoptionist view, (and it was well known because it was the first century Messianic Jewish position). I understand this was not what your comments were about but it does have much to do about "before-ness" and "non-before-ness" from a slightly different perspective. :)

I'll admit I'm not following you totally.

Cross Reference

Fair enough. Perhaps the rules might want clarifying?

Indeed because what is a Christian has become quite subjective these days in which we all live, move and have our being.. There seems to be more 'Christian' than Christ to our understanding of the scriptures.

Sonnet

Indeed because what is a Christian has become quite subjective these days in which we all live, move and have our being.. There seems to be more 'Christian' than Christ to our understanding of the scriptures.

This was interesting:

And Calvinists are only allowed to use the forum by the thin hair of their chinny chin chin (for some don't consider them Christians, though we do share some core beliefs).

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I don't affirm as you suggest. Any sense of before-ness is from our perspective.

IGNORED BY PPS - #2086:

Thanks for this.

I am just looking at 1 Corinthians 15:27:

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Literal English:
all things indeed He has put in subjection, under the feet of him. when however it might be said that all things have been put in subjection, [it is] evident that [is] excepted the [one] having put in subjection to him all things.

I can't see any article there - and if we compare this to Romans 5:18, which you said was anarthrous, I'm not really seeing any difference:

Therefore as by the offence of one judgement came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Literal English:
so then, as by one trespass, to all men to condemnation, so also by one act of righteousness, to all men to justification of life.

I'm also wondering why you left out Romans 5 which you said included examples of articular pas.

I'm leaving for the day. I'll respond to this sometime tomorrow.

daqq

I'll admit I'm not following you totally.

I think it was a series of Cool Hand Luke moments. "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

:)

That's okay on both accounts; to be honest, with 132 pages already in this "new thread", (new to this board anyways), I should probably just walk away simply because of the shear amount of information here which I cannot read up on at the moment. :)

Cross Reference

This was interesting:

And Calvinists are only allowed to use the forum by the thin hair of their chinny chin chin (for some don't consider them Christians, though we do share some core beliefs).

I have been on these forums long enough to realize most are authored by Calvinists and no one in disagreement with them has a prayer of participating; are excoriated.

Eagles Wings

I have been on these forums long enough to realize most are authored by Calvinists and no one in disagreement with them has a prayer of participating; are excoriated.
I applaud you on the word, excoriate. It is now filed in my vocabulary.

Said with a light heart and simply commenting on a word.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
EW,

I answer you sister, (didn't know and mistakenly called them brother... For this I apologize)
@Nameless.In.Grace
@WrathAndRdmpt.NIG

Lots of word salad in that post of yours. We need to be more specific.

You have asked for scholarly vindication of your view. I am happy to oblige your request. So how about we review some things more specific?

Take this test...

Trinity:
https://challies.typeform.com/to/I1ntTT

How did you do?

Next, review the following:

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused. One can best understand this mystical union (together united in one distinguishable subsistence) by examining what it is not, thus from the process of elimination determine what it must be.

The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not:

1. a denial that our Lord was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that our Lord had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct subsistence in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct persons (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

Your responses as to agreement or disagreement with the above?

AMR

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon