Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Sonnet

AMR's link has McMahon affirming 2 Corinthians 5:18-21 as a 'very well defined summation of the Gospel':

"We implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Auditors are told that Christ is made to be sin for them. That's atonement for all.
AMR believes in limited atonement and atonement for all?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. And thou shalt not lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any woman stand before a beast, to lie down thereto: it is confusion.”
**Leviticus‬ *18:22-23‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/lev.18.22-23.asv

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Sonnet

Reprobation diminishes the Mercy of God and the name of God. Calvinist know this is true as do you. It also flatly contradicts scripture. Calvinism was authored by the father of lies in an attempt to deceive people into believing God is not love (1 John 4:8). Calvinists don't answer because they don't have any.

"...in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for His Mercy." (Romans:15:9)

"But you are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." (Psalms 86:15)

"...who(God) desires all people to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth." ( 1 Timothy 2:4)

Sonnet

No one is created a reprobate, they become one on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Which is why Paul could offer salvation through belief - and in particular belief in Christ's resurrection - the VERY EVENT CALVINISTS SAY SOME HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FROM THE BENEFITS OF.

Cross Reference

AMR:
Further, God has left the remainder of the fallen mass of humanity to their own means and their justly deserved ends.

This does not jibe with:

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient . . . . . . ." Romans 1:28-32 KJV.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
AMR explained it all to you; however, you are to dumb to understand what he is saying. Now you want me to explain simple?

986d7b88ae7284e5a699f8019a49a84e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Part of the reason I fell away was because of Calvinism's assertions.
Encouraging from your implied view that the Reformed perspective is the most accurate perspective, so if one is going to choose wisely, ignoring the Reformed view is perilous. At least those denying the Good News appreciate the fact that the Reformed view is the one to deny. ;)

You could have easily adopted the Arminian contradictions and views and not have "fell away", no? :AMR:

All Arminians are but Calvinists in training. ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you going to explain why this:
So regarding #33 (where McMahon affirms 2 Corinthians 5:18-21 as a 'very well defined summation of the Gospel') - do you preach this Gospel to the unsaved?

"We implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

which is a simple question - deserves this from you:
Indeed. Hence no response to a response lacking in substance. Get it now? So stop calling for a response to this or that of your rejoinders to my responses until you can actually mount a substantial rejoinder worth considering.

AMR

?
Try dealing substantially with the full content of the link in question versus skimming it for assumed "Gotchas!" and then we will talk. I am under no obligation to deal with your cherry-picking of things explained in detail until you demonstrate an equal effort of detailed examination and/or rebuttal giving evidence you have actually digested responses to your many and various "Yeah, buts...".

Make the effort to understand that you do not control the discussion unless and until you do the same heavy lifting as those that have responded to you in detail have so done. Playing twenty questions is not a discussion, but merely a child's game for those who take the bait.

Let me help you out. Take the two linked items I have provided you for study. Respond to them on a paragraph by paragraph basis containing your own expositions and opinions based upon the same. Demonstrate that you actually are able to engage the views of another at the same level they have been offered. This is the mark of a man who is not intellectually lazy. It takes time and effort, something you seem unwilling to expend.

Rather, you simply want to nip at the heels of others and sit back with arms folded declaring victory. That will not do and only serves to show your superficiality on matters of importance.

There is not a single person I know that holds to the Reformed view that is unwilling or unable to engage the sincere person willing to meet them at the same level. If all you have to offer is but the above "nana nana boo boos" of yours, you will never come to a more full understanding of that which you are caviling about.

The ball is in your court. Decide how you proceed next.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WE MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD TO HAVE FAITH.
Romans 1 makes it clear that the unbeliever is without excuse, for the world around them testifies to the existence of God. All have this sensus divinitatis, but due to their fallen state of total moral inability, have suppressed the truth by wrong rationalizations stemming from their fallen state. At the point of regeneration by the Holy Spirit, the unregenerate is made willing to believe and will in fact believe. A more full knowledge of that which they now hold dear will come in their walk of faith, said knowledge coming more fully to some than to others according to the gifts they have been granted.

AMR

God's Truth

Romans 1 makes it clear that the unbeliever is without excuse, for the world around them testifies to the existence of God. All have this sensus divinitatis, but due to their fallen state of total moral inability, have suppressed the truth by wrong rationalizations stemming from their fallen state. At the point of regeneration by the Holy Spirit, the unregenerate is made willing to believe and will in fact believe. A more full knowledge of that which they now hold dear will come in their walk of faith, said knowledge coming more fully to some than to others according to the gifts they have been granted.

AMR

What you say is NOWHERE in the Bible.

God's Truth

That is so wrong and so hilarious at the same time.

Lol!!!!!

I'm stealing that line in the future, but spoken with different isms.

[emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Calvinists have to ensnare those who have already come to believe the truth, or else no one would be a Calvinist.