Reasons against homeschooling?

Right Divider

Body part
So if a man say, is interested in drinking to excess, but he never does it, by restraining himself and developing self-control, isn't it the self-control which prevails over his interest in drunkenness? Which one counts as what he thinks in his heart? Is it both?
What do you think that this man thinks?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So if a man say, is interested in drinking to excess, but he never does it, by restraining himself and developing self-control, isn't it the self-control which prevails over his interest in drunkenness? Which one counts as what he thinks in his heart? Is it both?

But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Also:

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Also:
Right, and lusting and coveting are acting on an interest. They are sins. The interest in it (in lusting and coveting) is not sin.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's both, I'd say.

That is not to say, however, that they are equivalent sins. Jesus taught that if you lust after a women, you've committed adultery in your heart but He was not advocating the death penalty for lust. Thus, a longing to sin is itself a sin, which is a major part of why the movie "The Last Temptation of Christ" was so blasphemous.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm OK with "preference" just so long as it's separated from acting on the preference. So much, people want to conflate the two things, and say that "homosexual" or "gay" means both the "preference" and the action (which is a choice).

Whereas I think it can be fair to say that a person is "gay" but is celibate. By their actions, or lack thereof, you might contend that they're not "gay" or "homosexual", but they would still have the "preference". As you say, some of that "preference" is explained by being raped or otherwise abused as children, that's been statistically verified, but not all with such "preference" has that kind of history, so it doesn't explain everything about the phenomenon.
Very nearly all male homosexuals do have that kind of history. If you executed convicted child molesters, rather than allowing them to adopt their victims, you'd have almost no homosexuals in your society within a generation.

It is quite different for the female version of the same perversion but they make up less than half (probably closer to one quarter to one third) of the homo community and they more often do not persist in the behavior long term. When they do, they tend to beat the living daylights our of each other, by the way. Intimate partner violence (IPV) among lesbian couples is through the roof.

44% of lesbians report experiencing rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner, compared to 35% of straight women. This suggests that lesbian couples are disproportionately impacted by IPV(Williams Institute)(HRC).

Moreover, a study by the Human Rights Campaign highlights that 18% of LGBTQ respondents reported experiencing physical dating violence, while only 7% of non-LGBTQ individuals reported the same(HRC). The data also indicates that 61% of bisexual women experience similar forms of violence(HRC).

Derf

I'm OK with "preference" just so long as it's separated from acting on the preference. So much, people want to conflate the two things, and say that "homosexual" or "gay" means both the "preference" and the action (which is a choice).

Whereas I think it can be fair to say that a person is "gay" but is celibate. By their actions, or lack thereof, you might contend that they're not "gay" or "homosexual", but they would still have the "preference". As you say, some of that "preference" is explained by being raped or otherwise abused as children, that's been statistically verified, but not all with such "preference" has that kind of history, so it doesn't explain everything about the phenomenon.
Are you saying that someone can love another person sexually without having sex? That's odd. Or is it that a person can lust after someone without committing fornication? I don't think Jesus would agree with that.