question for MADIsts.

God's Truth

You didn't explain why Jesus said he was returning to God. How was he returning to himself?
They are three.

You didn't explain, either, why you keep saying that "our spirits do not die." What scriptures back that up?

I have many scriptures to show you that tell us our spirits do not die. Here is one for now.

Philippians 1:22-24 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

How is what you believe different than what Satan said ("You will not die.")

I'm waiting for your explanations, with scriptures.

Adam and Eve did die, as we all do physically.

God's Truth

So let's stop for a second and make sure we're on the same page.

1. The whole NT is the Word of Christ.

2. Christ cannot lie and does not contradict Himself. I would add from Paul that He also does not author confusion in the Church.

3. You said that the entire NT, being Christ's Word, must be obeyed if one wants to find God.

4. You said you are doing #3.

Okay so far?

You have #3 wrong.

I said one has to do all they can do that Jesus teaches. Jesus will save you when he accepts you. That is what he says.

musterion

What you say is stretching credibility to the breaking point, if what you are saying is that Jesus forgave everybody's sins forever, even before they were born, and no matter what they did after they were born?

God had to do exactly that if passages like John 3:16 are true.

God still requires and deserves faith, but that's beside the point here. Paul says that God HAS reconciled THE WORLD to Himself in Christ. It's done. All you need do is believe He spoke the truth because the truth covers you too.

If you won't believe it (there is no "can't" here) then I've probably got nothing else to say.

KingdomRose

They are three.

I have many scriptures to show you that tell us our spirits do not die. Here is one for now.

Philippians 1:22-24 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

Adam and Eve did die, as we all do physically.

Paul was not talking about a conscious spirit leaving his body. He explained in I Corinthians 15:40,50-52 that there are two kinds of bodies---spirit bodies and physical bodies. When Jesus would come back for him he would CHANGE. Notice the operative word: CHANGE. He didn't say that his spirit would LEAVE his physical body.

If we don't completely die when we die, then we really are NOT dead. You say that part of us lives on. That is just what Satan wants you to believe! But I know I can't convince you of that (2 Corinthians 4:4).

musterion

You have #3 wrong.

I said one has to do all they can do that Jesus teaches. Jesus will save you when he accepts you. That is what he says.

That makes it sound like there's a sliding scale of performance. As if He may accept one person who has done more (or less) than another person has done...that the standards for both may not be exactly the same.

God's Truth

Replying to your post #1248:

God'sTruth, please list the "other scriptures in the Bible" that are like the spurious I John 5:7, that have "not been disputed." I'm very interested to see them.

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The Spirit is referred to as water and life, and the blood is that which holds life.

Genesis 9:4
"Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

John 7:38 To the one who believes in Me, it is just as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water will flow from within him.’” 39 He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.

God's Truth

That makes it sound like there's a sliding scale of performance. As if He may accept one person who has done more (or less) than another person has done...that the standards for both may not be exactly the same.

Some people might come to the realization of the truth faster than another because they have heard more of the truth and believed it faster than someone else still searching.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was not talking about a conscious spirit leaving his body. He explained in I Corinthians 15:40,50-52 that there are two kinds of bodies---spirit bodies and physical bodies. When Jesus would come back for him he would CHANGE. Notice the operative word: CHANGE. He didn't say that his spirit would LEAVE his physical body.

If we don't completely die when we die, then we really are NOT dead. You say that part of us lives on. That is just what Satan wants you to believe! But I know I can't convince you of that (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Unfortunately, your opinion is tainted because of your "Jehovah Witness Cult" beliefs.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You didn't explain why Jesus said he was returning to God. How was he returning to himself?

You didn't explain, either, why you keep saying that "our spirits do not die." What scriptures back that up? How is what you believe different than what Satan said ("You will not die.")?

I'm waiting for your explanations, with scriptures.

Your JW belief system doesn't believe in the Trinity, does it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What you say is stretching credibility to the breaking point, if what you are saying is that Jesus forgave everybody's sins forever, even before they were born, and no matter what they did after they were born?

I know about the condemning Law, and I believe that Jesus fulfilled the Law and made it obsolete (Colossians 2:14; Hebrews 8:13).

It is not what "my organization" offers that I find awesome. It is what the Bible offers. My organization just happens to be able to understand it better than you do.

However, JWs are a non-Christian cult.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do not believe Meshak ever said that.

Seek Jesus by seeking his teachings in the New Testament. Start doing anything and everything that he says. Do everything you can do. What does Jesus say? Jesus starts off by saying repent or perish. He says that we must humble ourselves, and fear God. We have to forgive or God will not forgive us. He tells us not to give up, and put him above even our own lives. Jesus reveals himself in an amazing way if you do what he says. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. All his words are Spirit and life.

Christ was speaking to the House of Israel.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Of course I don't believe that. But that's not what I wrote.

Posts 1361 and 1362 should tell you (not her, she won't understand) what I was getting at.

Okay, look. I freaked out a bit more than I think I should have when I read your post last night. I say that because I THINK I know intuitively that you aren't crazy.

BUT...

I'm afraid posts 1361 & 1362 aren't really enough to explain just what you meant when you said bluntly that there is nothing that Jesus said in the gospels that you have to obey.

You're going to have to explain that one too me in a bit (i.e. a lot) more detail.

And one last thing. You should understand that no matter what explanation you give, no matter how right you might turn out to be, that single post will be used against you and other dispensationalists for as long as that crazy wicked weirdo posts on this site. And I can no longer claim that she's lying about it, either. I have to tell you that I don't get it, I just do not get it! :bang:

Resting in Him,
Clete