Ps 68 (Eph 4): why 2P2P does not want you to know the NT use of the OT

Interplanner

It is unmistakable that Paul regarded this victory psalm as applying to what Christ accomplished in the Gospel without any reference to the land of Israel (future) as such. It is his ascension upward that seals the victory. The psalmist was given a glimpse of the victory of Christ over the enemies of faith and roars that the whole earth will see this victory and all the kings of the earth.

It was not about an event for Israel in Judea that Paul mentions this about Christ. It is clearly that the church would gain gifts through the Gospel that would help it impact the world for Christ so that the whole world would regard him as Lord and Messiah/Savior.

Interplanner

That Eph 4 model is to be used throughout the NT when handling the OT. People are supposed to come to spiritual meaning and maturity, not to favoritism like 2P2P. 'there is no favoritism' is all through the NT; it throbs with it. By the very nature of the Gospel.

SaulToPaul 2

That Eph 4 model is to be used throughout the NT when handling the OT. People are supposed to come to spiritual meaning and maturity, not to favoritism like 2P2P. 'there is no favoritism' is all through the NT; it throbs with it. By the very nature of the Gospel.

Gobbledy gook...

Interplanner

Give me a summary of how Paul used Ps 68. Hint: the victory is the power of the gifts to affect our world now. Fill in other blanks.

musterion

I own a signed copy of 2P2P's hit 45, "Throb With It."

(pronounced Toopee-Toopee, Tupac's darling little grandniece who strangely enough is white)

Interplanner

You claim that Peter and Paul taught the same things and I noticed that Peter healed EVERYONE.

So I'm wondering what happened and why you don't follow Peter in this regard.

HE (PETER) didn't "do" anything, sir. God did certain things through him at times to solidify the authority of the Gospel for those who 'need' a sign--which need they should grow out of. You have a ridiculous grasp of the necessary truth of the faith. Heb. 2:4. Oh, darn it, you won't let me use that because we are Gentiles and have
'Gentile contaminated' faith.

Danoh

HE (PETER) didn't "do" anything, sir. God did certain things through him at times to solidify the authority of the Gospel for those who 'need' a sign--which need they should grow out of. You have a ridiculous grasp of the necessary truth of the faith. Heb. 2:4. Oh, darn it, you won't let me use that because we are Gentiles and have

Nonsense - those signs had first been a foretaste of THEIR "world to come" Matt. 10; Heb. 2.

Then, with Israel's fall, they had been "for a sign...unto ISRAEL" that THEIR God was now visiting the Gentiles - for to provoke ISRAELITES to jealousy" that He "might save some" 1 Cor. 14; Acts 11; Rom. 11.

Right Divider

Body part
HE (PETER) didn't "do" anything, sir.
That's a cute little nit you have to pick there DB.

God did certain things through him at times to solidify the authority of the Gospel for those who 'need' a sign--which need they should grow out of.
Another cute story. I guess that you're unaware that there will be NO sickness in the kingdom. God healed EVERYONE through Peter and the gang.

Acts 5:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) There came also a multitude [out] of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Those healings had nothing to do with solidifying authority NOR the faith of those healed. And it was not something that they needed to grow out of. It will be the NORM in the kingdom of heaven.

You have a ridiculous grasp of the necessary truth of the faith. Heb. 2:4. Oh, darn it, you won't let me use that because we are Gentiles and have
You're really going insane trying to defend the garbage that you're shoveling.

Interplanner

That's a cute little nit you have to pick there DB.

Another cute story. I guess that you're unaware that there will be NO sickness in the kingdom. God healed EVERYONE through Peter and the gang.

Acts 5:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) There came also a multitude [out] of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Those healings had nothing to do with solidifying authority NOR the faith of those healed. And it was not something that they needed to grow out of. It will be the NORM in the kingdom of heaven.

You're really going insane trying to defend the garbage that you're shoveling.

You could save yourself all this misery and just leave. Just forget it. Why do you bother?

You are the one taking this thread off its course because it busts 2P2P.

How dare you fault me for the problem of being a Gentile reading hebrews 2:4! You made the mess, you clean it up. but at least deal with the topic of that verse, instead of departing again from the topic, like a chronic illness.

I know what the norm in heaven will be, but that also was not the topic. You have turned into a professional divider and evader like STP whom I hope never to deal with again.