Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Danoh

Jesus did not preach the law with the ceremonial works. Show one scripture where he does what Leviticus does, and that is to describe in detail how to obey the ceremonial works.

Jesus taught the good news.

Jesus taught the conditions to the New Covenant.

There was a change to that old law, see Hebrews 7:12.

Jesus taught the new law. New Testament means New Covenant. Jesus taught us the good news of the New Covenant.

No more eye for an eye. Not more physical circumcision, and dietary law, and observance of special days, and various external baths, and the sacrifice of animals.

Jesus did not come and preach temporary things, but then give Paul all the glory.

Jesus did not tell Paul that no one has to obey anymore. That is beyond wrong.

Now watch, your distorted, Energizer Bunny mind distort the following:

Leviticus 14:

1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2. This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
3. And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;
4. Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean,
and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:
5. And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:
6. As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running
water:
7. And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

Matthew 8:

2. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

See, you're as confused as that Energizer Bunny is each time it bumps its head into the wall of your "obey Jesus for salvation."

What does Hebrews say about your so called New Testament?

Hebrews 9 describes things after He died. The majority of Matthew thru John are before He died for sin by the sacrifice of Himself. They take place and are commands under the Law.

Hebrews 9:

13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called
might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

You want to "obey Jesus" per Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, but that was the Law before He died and became the mediator of the New Covenant.

Matthew 23 - almost the very end of the Book, and what is He still reminding them to observe:

1. Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2. Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Look at what He told them about the Coming Great Tribulation - Matthew 24:

19. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20. But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Why? If they were not under the Law?

Read Daniel 9's prayer - his understanding is that that Israel's judgments and punishments are according to the Law.

But I notice you are too lazy to look up the references other than your own, so here it is:

9. To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
10. Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
11. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
12. And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
13. As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
14. Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

Verse 11 relates that Israel transgressed the Law. Daniel was praying wanting to know when that transgression against the LORD would be lifted by Him.

God's answer:

21. Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
22. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
23. At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
24. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

According to Peter, and Paul this making an end of their sins under the Law is even now yet future.

Acts 3:

17. And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Romans 11:

25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles
be come in.
26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

This in Romans is what Peter is talking about in 2 Peter 3.

You, dear Bunny, are under the wrong gospel!

Danoh

How long is all that in effect as to the Law, that is now on hold, per Paul?

Matthew 18:

21. Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22. Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Daniel's 70x7 = 490 years, seven left to go - Romans 11:25-29.

God's Truth

The gospel of John also believes in Jesus as the sacrificial Lamb of God. And as I have said before, this is why John has Jesus dying on the Day of Preparation instead of on Passover as the other gospels assert. The Day of Preparation is the day the Jews slaughtered the lambs for the Passover dinner the next day.

So we are obviously dealing with two different traditions here.

What don't you get about ALL THE SPECIAL DAYS being about Jesus?

Jesus is the atonement. Jesus is the Passover. Jesus is the Sabbath, etc.

God's Truth

Now watch, your distorted, Energizer Bunny mind distort the following:

Leviticus 14:

2. This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
3. And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;
4. Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean,
5. And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:
6. As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running
water:
7. And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

Matthew 8:

2. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

See, you're as confused as that Energizer Bunny is each time it bumps its head into the wall of your "obey Jesus for salvation."

What does Hebrews say about your so called New Testament?

Hebrews 9 describes things after He died. The majority of Matthew thru John are before He died for sin by the sacrifice of Himself. They take place and are commands under the Law.

Hebrews 9:

13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called
might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

You want to "obey Jesus" per Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, but that was the Law before He died and became the mediator of the New Covenant.

Matthew 23 - almost the very end of the Book, and what is He still reminding them to observe:

1. Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2. Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Look at what He told them about the Coming Great Tribulation - Matthew 24:

19. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20. But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Why? If they were not under the Law?

Read Daniel 9's prayer - his understanding is that that Israel's judgments and punishments are according to the Law.

But I notice you are too lazy to look up the references other than your own, so here it is:

9. To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
10. Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
11. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
12. And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
13. As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
14. Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

Verse 11 relates that Israel transgressed the Law. Daniel was praying wanting to know when that transgression against the LORD would be lifted by Him.

God's answer:

21. Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
22. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
23. At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
24. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

According to Peter, and Paul this making an end of their sins under the Law is even now yet future.

Acts 3:

17. And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Romans 11:

25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles
be come in.
26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

This in Romans is what Peter is talking about in 2 Peter 3.

You, dear Bunny, are under the wrong gospel!

I have no idea how you think you have disproved anything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea how you think you have disproved anything.

you read and understood that entire post, and you respond with one negative sentence -

BTW, you never PROVED Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter, so there IS nothing to disprove. Danoh proved 57 things and you say he disproved nothing -

typical mainstreamer - :rapture:

God's Truth

you read and understood that entire post, and you respond with one negative sentence -

BTW, you never PROVED Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter, so there IS nothing to disprove. Danoh proved 57 things and you say he disproved nothing -

typical mainstreamer - :rapture:

Danoh needs to come back and discuss deeper with me.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How long is all that in effect as to the Law, that is now on hold, per Paul?

Matthew 18:

21. Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22. Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Daniel's 70x7 = 490 years, seven left to go - Romans 11:25-29.

what's this ? a prophecy ? - Danohstradamus ?

Danoh

what's this ? a prophecy ? - Danohstradamus ?

It means, until His return to blot out Israel's sins, and enable them to live with one accord, empowered to be able to, by their New Covenant, Hebrews 8:7-13 rightly divided - in other words - in light of Romans 11:25-29.

Pentecost would be a foretaste of their world to come, as to this, Hebrews 2:1-5.

God's Truth

It means, until His return to blot out Israel's sins, and enable them to live with one accord, empowered to be able to, by their New Covenant, Hebrews 8:7-13 rightly divided - in other words - in light of Romans 11:25-29.

Pentecost would be a foretaste of their world to come, as to this, Hebrews 2:1-5.

Jesus already came and blots out the sins of those who come to him in repentance.

When Jesus comes again, it will not be to bear sin. Do you need the scripture references?

Danoh

Jesus did not preach the law with the ceremonial works. Show one scripture where he does what Leviticus does, and that is to describe in detail how to obey the ceremonial works.

Liar, liar, Bunny ears on fire.

Leviticus 14:

water:

Matthew 8:

God's Truth

Liar, liar, Bunny ears on fire.

Leviticus 14:

water:

Matthew 8:

Jesus cleaned the leper. Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament Law and Prophets.