Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

john w

Hall of Fame
At least he believes we have to obey Jesus, and that there is one gospel.

Go ahead,and ask unTetesterone, whether we must obey Jesus," to be saved. Go ahead.

You won't get a peep out of him, for, as long as you are not a dispensationalist/MADist, he will let you go about your perverting ways, being the obsessed man pleaser, that he is, that most all of TOL knows.

Aint he a sweetie?

Danoh

At least he believes we have to obey Jesus, and that there is one gospel.

Sure, if you word it that way, you give him an out he can use to deceive you into believing he agrees with you.

But if you say "we have to obey in order to get saved" and than ask him what that "obey" actually is, you will find he disagrees with you; that he believes you are lost.

You have to be specific with people.

By the way, do some research on what scope and context are. Your failure to understand them is why you are confused.

Jerry Shugart

Of course, there are people who obeyed the old law. Where do you get that no one obeyed it?

Are you not aware that if you try to get saved by law keeping then you must keep it perfectly?

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (Jas. 2:10).​

Unless you have kept the law perfectly then your obedience cannot contribute to your salvation.

Or perhaps you are willing to argue that being guilty of all can actually contribute to your salvation?

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you not aware that if you try to get saved by law keeping then you must keep it perfectly?

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (Jas. 2:10).​

Unless you have kept the law perfectly then your obedience cannot contribute to your salvation.

Or perhaps you are willing to argue that being guilty of all can actually contribute to your salvation?

Don't you know, Jerry?:

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I always obey Jesus.....I do not sin...”-God’sUNTruth

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

How's it going Jerry?

Care to weigh in on the topic of the thread?

BTW, you got a really good thread (Works Required for Salvation Under the Law?) going on in the Theology Club. To no surprise, I don't see many of the Neo-MADs posting there.

IMO, there's a strong correlation between your thread and this thread.

If I understand you correctly, you believe all believers of the first century are in the BOC (I agree with that), but you believe that Paul preached a different gospel before Mid-Acts.

For clarifications purposes; were those people that Paul allegedly preached a different gospel to before Mid-Acts also in the BOC?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Or is that some of them - they have so many disagreements with one another in his camp - the Partial Pre-tender-ists, ur, um Preterists, lol

That's pretty funny coming from a MADist.

You'all claim the "big switch" took place in Mid-Acts, but not one of you can show us, or even agree amongst yourselves where in Mid-Acts this alleged event took place.

Which is why there are Acts 7 MADists, Acts 9 MADists, Acts 11 MADists, and Acts 13 MADists.

Yet, not one of you can show where in Mid-Acts anything happened.

Not to mention the Acts 28 Bullingerites.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Go ahead,and ask unTetesterone,

More proof that you can't even attempt to address the topic of the thread.

Once again, you prove that the "two gospel" theory completely falls apart when 2 Peter 3 and Galatians put it to the test.

john w

Hall of Fame

Once again, you prove that the "two gospel" theory completely falls apart when 2 Peter 3 and Galatians put it to the test.

Once again, proof that you admit that you are satanic, asserting that your saint Judas was saved/preached this "one gospel" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Address a satanist, and habitual liar, wimp, such as yourself? Where is that, in scripture, sweetie?

john w

Hall of Fame
"That's not my argument.I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."--habitual liar Wimpy Tet.

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

vs.

This thread/others:

"wasn't invented until the mid 1800's?"

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”

Pretty funny, stupid, habitual liar Craigie.

God's Truth

There are people who did obey it perfectly.

I have explained that to you before. James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors, we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? Please study what I said so that we can truly debate.

Shasta

Then thanks for you concession speech, as you initially argued "one gospel," one piece of good news, and that the 12, including Judas, preached the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news, per the Lord Jesus Christ. But they did not preach the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news, as Paul preached, as you concede that the 12 knew NADA "about it beforehand." And yet, for three years, or so, while clueless as to the impending, prophesied death/burial/ resurrection, the foundation of the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news,they, including Judas, were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," the good news re. the prophesied kingdom of heaven upon the earth.

Thus, your argument is refuted, as there is more than just one piece of good news/gospel in the book-the context telling us what gospel/good news is being referenced/discussed.

The Gospel message was taught by Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels. By design the message was not revealed in its entirety until after the Death Burial and Resurrection. However. because the message was not completed did not mean it is yet ANOTHER gospel or that it is any less valid today than it has been for the last two thousand years.

Perhaps you are looking through the Gospels for some kind of creedal statement like the one in Romans 15:1-5 ,that is, a synopsis of all the basic points of the Faith. That is what this scripture is, a pre-Pauline creed that was formulated within five to ten years of the cross to provide a simple statement of faith for the very earliest Christians. If this is so then it would have been formulated by Jewish rather than Gentile believers. In dual-gospel terms it would have been part of the Jewish gospel not that of the Gentiles

john w

Hall of Fame

Craigie's satanism:

"There's one gospel ... 'two gospel' theory completely falls apart.."

There it is, again, for the record. Craigie asserts that there is just one piece of good new in the book, and thus asserts that his saint Judas preached....

"Hey, everyone!!! Christ is going to die for our sins, be buried, and raised again for your justification. Believe this good news to be saved!!!!"

Satanic. And the wimp wonders why I call him a child of the devil.

God's Truth

Go ahead,and ask unTetesterone, whether we must obey Jesus," to be saved. Go ahead.

You won't get a peep out of him, for, as long as you are not a dispensationalist/MADist, he will let you go about your perverting ways, being the obsessed man pleaser, that he is, that most all of TOL knows.

Aint he a sweetie?

It is too bad that most all misunderstand Paul thinking he is saying faith and no obedience when in fact he was saying faith and not ceremonial works.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Gospel message was taught by Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels. By design the message was not revealed in its entirety until after the Death Burial and Resurrection. However. because the message was not completed did not mean it is yet ANOTHER gospel or that it is any less valid today than it has been for the last two thousand years.

"because the message was not completed did not mean it is yet ANOTHER gospel"

Lie. Made up, and you are distancing yourself from your previous "argument," that asserts everyone preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, that Paul preached. No such thing as a "The Gospel message"-that's you talking, not the book's words.

This "Jesus" you cite, at least prior to the dbr, never taught the dbr good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. Nether did the 12. And you can't provide one scripture, that shows that the 12 did. It was hid from them. Even satan did not know.

You lie, when you spam that the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, is equivalent to the "gospel of the kingdom" that the 12, including Judas, preached, as the Lord Jesus Christ commanded them to preach, and which He preached, and it had NADA to do with the dbr.

You continue to lie.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You continue to lie.

You continue to ignore the topic of the thread.

Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches a different gospel to them, that person is to be accursed.

Years later, Peter wrote an epistle to the Galatians.

MAD claims Peter's epistle was a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

If Peter's epistle was a different gospel (MAD's claim), then according to Paul's epistle, Peter should have been accursed.

Everyone knows that Peter wasn't accursed for his epistle to the Galatians.

Therefore, MAD's "two gospel" theory is false.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
because the message was not completed did not mean it is yet ANOTHER gospel

Correct.

Using the logic of the MADists, we could compare Paul's early epistles with his later epistles, and come up with about six more gospels.

Dan Emanuel

You continue to ignore the topic of the thread.

Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches a different gospel to them, that person is to be accursed.

Years later, Peter wrote an epistle to the Galatians.

MAD claims Peter's epistle was a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

If Peter's epistle was a different gospel (MAD's claim), then according to Paul's epistle, Peter should have been accursed.

Everyone knows that Peter wasn't accursed for his epistle to the Galatians.

Therefore, MAD's "two gospel" theory is false.
Can you show you're proof for the bold? Everything else sounded pretty tight.

Daniel

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I have spent hundreds of hours studying Matt 24:34. There is a book written on just this one verse.

I have yet to see anyone show Matt 24:34 is a future event without twisting the verse into a pretzel.

And yet I can splain it in a few short words.

vese 33
So likewise ye when ye shall see ALL these things, know that it is near even at the doors
Verily I say unto you This generation shall not pass away till all these things be fulfilled.

THIS generation which sees ALL these things,

All WHAT things?

The sun darkened
the moon shall not give her light
the stars shall fall from heaven
the powers of the heavens shall be shaken

And THEN shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven.

There you are Tet no need to read whole books...just ask Totty

Right Divider

Body part
"because the message was not completed did not mean it is yet ANOTHER gospel"

Lie. Made up, and you are distancing yourself from your previous "argument," that asserts everyone preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, that Paul preached. No such thing as a "The Gospel message"-that's you talking, not the book's words.
Come on John W, haven't you heard the "good message message"?