Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Can God save someone apart from a covenant?

Oh she does not know the answer, and afraid to expose herself.:juggle:

if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn

I say pf she has one of those dyke haircuts, then a head shaving might be good?

Well, many years ago when some of those long hairs came down to Dixie, they were shorn, sometimes with sheep shears.

God's Truth

Oh she does not know the answer, and afraid to expose herself.:juggle:

if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn

I say pf she has one of those dyke haircuts, then a head shaving might be good?

Well, many years ago when some of those long hairs came down to Dixie, they were shorn, sometimes with sheep shears.

You are arguing from evilness. You do not even believe women have to shave their heads or cover their heads. So then, why are you accusing me?

john w

Hall of Fame
GT, have you ever prayed with your head uncovered?

Don't you know, Mayor?:

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I always obey Jesus...”-God’sUNTruth

God's Truth

How about you start answering questions, STP?

Are African women cursed with sin because their hair does not grow long?

HA!

God's Truth

Don't you know, Mayor?:

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I always obey Jesus...”-God’sUNTruth

Are you saying you obey nothing from Jesus? LOL
I believe you.

God's Truth

If all would desire to obey God they would have understanding. Start obeying what you can, and then call on the name of the Lord.

Shasta

The gospel that was preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that "good news"(gospel) resulted in receiving life by being "born of God" (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The gospel which was preached to the Gentiles concerned the fact that Christ died for us and believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24). Those who believe in that gospel are also saved (1 Cor.15:1-4).

We have debated this before and let me say that, while I still disagree with you I have found you to be a serious student of the Word, not a mocker like many here or one of the many distractors who attempt to "win the argument" by getting the thread off topic.

As I recall you hold that the Jewish Gospel omitted truths that concerned the work of the cross. (Let me know if I have it wrong) I believe this proposition - that they did not know that the sacrificial work of Christ was efficacious to take away sins of all who put their faith in Him -to be mistaken. While it is true that the themes of their sermons (at least what little was written down and recorded in the Book of Acts) concerned, not the cross, but Christ the Son risen from the Dead ascended and seated on the throne, this does not mean they did not understand the Sacrifice. It was necessary to make that point about Christ's divinity to vindicate His claims for which he has suffered an ignominious death. He was crucified for blasphemy, for saying He was equal to God. The resurrection and ascension answered the question.

The Twelve were not unaware of the purpose of the cross, not just as a means to make His death a public display, but as a means of affecting redemption. They knew it because Jesus Himself came after the resurrection and told both them and another group of disciples.

44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
(Luke 24:25-26)

He taught them all about Himself, His mission, and the reasond for His suffering in the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms which was pretty much the whole OT. Do you think Jesus might have included key scriptures like Isa. 53:5 or verses on the New Covenant like Jeremiah 31:33 without which the ritual of the Eucharist would have made no sense (Matthew 26:28). Everything they knew and taught were obviously not contained in their sermons.

Danoh

You miss what Paul was teaching because you do not obey Jesus.

Paul was teaching not to upset cultural teachings.

Ah yes, your Paul, which is not another; a hypocrite Paul...

Acts 17:

16. Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.
17. Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

Shame on you Paul - following your "my gospel" over GT's.

Paul, you need to obey Jesus, "according to" GT's "gospel."

Then you will understand not to go into different towns and "upset cultural teachings."

Come on, GT, isn't it obvious you know not of what you speak?

Isn't it obvious the Spirit is not leading you?

Isn't it obvious to you that it is obvious to us; by your recurrent patterns, that you have been reading ideas out of all those wacked out books out there that are supposedly "Bible based"?

After all "God don't make no junk."