Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Right Divider

Body part
(Luke 7:31 KJV) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

Are you seriously going to claim that the phrase "this generation" in the above verse was Jesus referring to a future generation?
Yes, the context is the future and that is what He is talking about.

I've given you examples.... but you don't listen.

P.S. THIS generation refers to the ones that He is speaking ABOUT and not TO

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 1:9-12

Coming in the clouds, not going in the clouds.

Jesus told Caiphas and the men with Caiphas that THEY would see Jesus coming in the clouds.

Jesus told other men that some of them would not taste death before He returned.

And, Jesus told other men that their generation would not completely pass away before He returned.

(Rev 22:7) Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll."

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

(Rev 1:1) The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. ...

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

Danoh

Are you related to Johnny W?

Or, are you just another Dispensationalist who calls people names when they can't defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby?

So days the slanderer and name caller, yeah, okay.

You must be having another bad "heir" day, lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, the context is the future and that is what He is talking about.

I've given you examples.... but you don't listen.

P.S. THIS generation refers to the ones that He is speaking ABOUT and not TO

You've lost your mind in defending Darby.

(Luke 11:30 KJV) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:32 KJV) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 17:25 KJV) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

In each of the above verses, "this generation" refers to the generation of Jesus' contemporaries, specifically the Jews who rejected Him.

Danoh

Coming in the clouds, not going in the clouds.

Jesus told Caiphas and the men with Caiphas that THEY would see Jesus coming in the clouds.

Jesus told other men that some of them would not taste death before He returned.

And, Jesus told other men that their generation would not completely pass away before He returned.

(Rev 22:7) Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll."

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

(Rev 1:1) The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. ...

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

"Jesus told other men that some of them would not taste death before He returned," trampled, of course, on October 31st 70AD, by Jesus and His angels in Roman Army uniforms - "trick or treat." lol

You actually believe this Roman Army Jesus, don't you?

If anything, thanks for the laughs...

Right Divider

Body part
You've lost your mind in defending Darby.

(Luke 11:30 KJV) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:32 KJV) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 17:25 KJV) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

In each of the above verses, "this generation" refers to the generation of Jesus' contemporaries, specifically the Jews who rejected Him.
Completely different. According to you, any two words together always mean exactly the same thing regardless of context.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Mark 8:12 KJV) And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

(Mark 13:30 KJV) Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

In the demented world of following John Nelson Darby, one is supposed to believe that the phrase "this generation" in the above two verses refers to two completely different generations.

Unless your in left field with Right Divider, who may claim that both verses refer to a future generation.

Either way, it's clear as day who Jesus was referring to when you don't have to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Danoh

(Mark 8:12 KJV) And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

(Mark 13:30 KJV) Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

In the demented world of following John Nelson Darby, one is supposed to believe that the phrase "this generation" in the above two verses refers to two completely different generations.

Unless your in left field with Right Divider, who may claim that both verses refer to a future generation.

Either way, it's clear as day who Jesus was referring to when you don't have to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Right - "demented" and "false" is not name calling...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Completely different. According to you, any two words together always mean exactly the same thing regardless of context.

It's proper grammar.

The word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

All the rules of grammar have to be thrown out the window to make the phrase "this generation" refer to a future generation.

If Jesus was referring to a future generation, then the demonstrative adjective "that" would be the proper grammar.

So, yes, the phrase "this generation" refers to the contemporaries of Jesus each time it is used in Matthew, Mark, and Luke.

Right Divider

Body part

It's YOU"RE in left field, English major. And you're going to teach us details in LANGUAGE? :jump:

john w

Hall of Fame
You are not that blind; just that manipulating.....
For, as usual, you had no interest in an answer - you were just baiting.
When you could just post what you assert - not bait people so you can then rant your same tired, dishonest rant in your dishonesty once more.

.....That's you to a "T" you baiting, knowingly dishonest slanderer.[/

That is his MO/reputation on TOL-lying habitually, sophistry, and satanic, deceitful "debating" tactics.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'd like to point out the fact that when Jesus left the earth, the angels said that He would return "in like manner". That means in His physical body.

Zechariah 14:4 confirms this exactly, as His FEET shall stand on the Mount of Olives from where He left.

You do understand, RD, that Perverter Preterist Tet. denies the future physical(by definition)resurrection of OT saints, and the redemption of the body, to members of the body of Christ?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107878