Presidential Policies (Sequel to: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)

WizardofOz

Speaking of lying...

The PolitiFact scorecard
True (4%) (29)

Mostly True (11%) (72)

Half True95 (14%)(95)

Mostly False137 (21%)(137)

False223 (34%)(223)

Pants on Fire95 (14%)(95)

I'll judge the Trump presidency on his policies because it is evident that he, personally, is a bit of a lying scumbag.

That doesn't mean that his presidency cannot be successful but I sure wouldn't welcome into my house. He'll have to wait outside with dirty Bill Clinton.

Nearly 70% of his comments have been deemed to be 'mostly false' or worse. :think:

musterion

Screen-Shot-2019-02-12-at-9.00.44-AM.png

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
If we weren't addicted to oil we wouldn't care abut the middle east at all.

We are now the number one producer of energy in the world. (I have a thread on that.) We could tell the M.E. to go stiff themselves when it comes top oil. But, they help us with other things, mainly the war on terror. The Saudis have helped quite a bit with that.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Speaking of lying...

The PolitiFact scorecard
True (4%) (29)

Mostly True (11%) (72)

Half True95 (14%)(95)

Mostly False137 (21%)(137)

False223 (34%)(223)

Pants on Fire95 (14%)(95)

I'll judge the Trump presidency on his policies because it is evident that he, personally, is a bit of a lying scumbag.

That doesn't mean that his presidency cannot be successful but I sure wouldn't welcome into my house. He'll have to wait outside with dirty Bill Clinton.

Nearly 70% of his comments have been deemed to be 'mostly false' or worse. :think:

Politifact is fake news. If they say something is a lie its usually true.

Its no wonder you like them.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Politifact is fake news. If they say something is a lie its usually true.

Its no wonder you like them.

DISHONEST FACT-CHECKERS: How fact-checkers trivialize lies by politicians and undermine truth-seeking
https://capitalresearch.org/article/dishonest-fact-checkers/

Both of the nation’s most prominent fact-checking organizations—FactCheck.org and PolitiFact—tilt to the political left, which makes them representative of the majority of journalists who also lean to port. Both of these groups go far beyond what they say they do, claiming to fact-check subjective things like political rhetoric that are not susceptible to fact-checking

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Whenever you’re getting smacked in a debate........

You could never smack me in a debate. You don't have the intelligence.

In this case, musterion said you were dishonest, and I agreed. Every smart person here knows you're a liar so I don't know who you think you are kidding.

WizardofOz

You could never smack me in a debate. You don't have the intelligence.

In this case, musterion said you were dishonest, and I agreed. Every smart person here knows you're a liar so I don't know who you think you are kidding.

You’re both simply cowards who are using a loser’s tactic to dodge a rather straightforward question. We all know why that is :chicken:

WizardofOz

my answer would be this - everyone, regardless of party, had the responsibility to criticize him, to examine his actions and statements critically

That’s what I did when W Bush was president, what I did when Obama was president and what I’m doing now that Trump is president.

It doesn’t make me a liberal or a Democrat to do so. It makes me a citizen who is doing his civic duty. Presidents are not our friends. They’re our employee. I keep a close eye on my employees and make sure they’re doing their job and criticize them when they don’t do it the way I want it done. I don’t judge them on their race or sex or religion or political leanings. I’m tired of partisan hacks giving their preferred candidate a pass due to their party affiliation.

When I rightfully criticize Trump I get “but, but what about Obama”. It’s disingenuous when Democrats did it to defend ‘their guy’ and it’s disingenuous now that republicans are doing it to defend Trump.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That’s what I did when W Bush was president, what I did when Obama was president and what I’m doing now that Trump is president.

It doesn’t make me a liberal or a Democrat to do so. It makes me a citizen who is doing his civic duty. Presidents are not our friends. They’re our employee. I keep a close eye on my employees and make sure they’re doing their job and criticize them when they don’t do it the way I want it done. I don’t judge them on their race or sex or religion or political leanings. I’m tired of partisan hacks giving their preferred candidate a pass due to their party affiliation.

When I rightfully criticize Trump I get “but, but what about Obama”. It’s disingenuous when Democrats did it to defend ‘their guy’ and it’s disingenuous now that republicans are doing it to defend Trump.

you'd have a point if trump had ever done anything wrong :banana:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:doh: Just wow

Nice dodge :chicken:
Peculiar, but you note he didn't provide evidence of either assertion.

:doh:

This place is just an echo chamber
These days that seems to be the square anywhere you go. There are loud, angry voices on the left, loud, fearful voices on the right, and in the middle an increasingly frustrated number of voices trying to have a conversation.