Presidential Policies (Sequel to: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)

glorydaz

Trump supporters - can you tell me why either the First Step Act or the Syrian withdraw is a bad idea?

Never Trumpers - can you tell me why either the First Step Act or the Syrian withdraw is a good idea?

Is it possible to 'bridge the gap' between these camps?

I think they're both good ideas. Too many people locked up that don't belong there. That should help make room for those who do. Syria? We don't need to have troops there. We can just fly by and bomb them whenever we need to. Afghanistan same thing.

fool

Hall of Fame
They're good, but they need more missile defence. More Iron Domes.

They can't be thirty feet from the nearest bomb shelter. I'd say they need help.

We can sell them all the missiles they want.
They got money.
Korea has money as well, they don't need free defense.

glorydaz

Trump the businessman -- Fine, you won't give me my border wall, I'll sit and watch the swamp creatures roil the waters.

The Republicans are running around crying, "We cannot leave Syria and Afghanistan." :shocked:

The Dems are totally thrown for a loop...not knowing whether to stand with Lyndsey Graham and the hawkish "nation builders", or just run around saying, "The sky is falling, we need to IMPEACH" :shocked:

Merry Christmas Congress :thumb:

drbrumley

Trump Annonuces AT CHRISTMAS TIME . .
Thomas DiLorenzo

. . . that he is starting to withdraw troops from Syria and Afghanistan and the Washington establishment that constantly praises and expresses its everlasting love for “our troops” is outraged. No one in D.C. is singing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” to celebrate, but you can bet your life that the families of the troops will be. The establishment Scrooges are outraged that the president puts America and American troops first, before the establishment’s racket of getting rich through defense contracts for unconstitutional, immoral, unnecessary wars that only make more enemies for the American people.

How funny to see “Mad Dog” Mattis throw a hissy fit like a little girl who has just had her baby doll snatched away from her, and Mitch McConnell looking even more constipated than usual. The poor general will now have to join all those hundreds of other retired generals as a millionaire lying puppet for the military/industrial/spying-on-Americans complex.

WizardofOz

Trump reportedly told Michael Cohen to lie. His own attorney general pick testified that’s a crime.

When Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) asked President Trump’s nominee for attorney general, William P. Barr, earlier this week whether it would be a crime if “the president tried to coach somebody not to testify, or testify falsely,” Barr was unequivocal: “Yes,” the nominee told the Senate Judiciary Committee. “Under an obstruction statute, yes.”

Now that an explosive story published Thursday by BuzzFeed News alleges that Trump did just that, by ordering Michael Cohen, his former attorney, to lie to Congress, Barr’s answer presents the White House with a new quandary — the president’s own choice for the nation’s top law enforcement official has described such conduct as “classic” obstruction of justice. Barr said the same when pressed by Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), as well as in his own written statements. He has affirmed his view at least three times, both in a once-private memo and in sworn testimony.

The question now is if Cohen will testify publicly.

Michael Cohen is reconsidering plan to testify to Congress, adviser says

v

Michael Cohen still intends to testify before Congress despite concerns for his family