pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do not do evil, that good may come of it.
We are to obey God rather than men.
Let every person be subject to those in authority.

We are to obey the government, unless they tell us to do something that goes against what God tells us.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

At what point would you have left Hitler's army, or would you have stayed in it to the end.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I was watching ID last night about small group of cult.

The leader reminded me of some of Pro-military Christians here, how they are making excuses to justify "just war" twisting the Scripture.

He said he is doing the will of YHWH and He is speaking thru him.

He did all kind of hideous killing abusing the Bible.

Some say Christians cannot sin and are sinless and many Christians support this claim..

This is the most dangerous and demonic doctrine.

marhig

I'm saying that that verse supports my argument that God supports a military, regardless of who is in it.

God is saying that if His kingdom was going to be an earthly kingdom, as it would have been had Israel not turned away from Him halfway through Acts, then those who are of His Kingdom would be expected to fight. It's literally saying that He would require that people would fight to defend His kingdom. But since Israel turned away from Him, now His kingdom will no longer be an earthly kingdom, so His need for warriors to defend an earthly kingdom is no more. That DOES NOT mean that He is against a nation having a military. It means that He does not need one for a Heavenly kingdom.

How does that verse support the military?

marhig

Do not do evil, that good may come of it.
We are to obey God rather than men.
Let every person be subject to those in authority.

We are to obey the government, unless they tell us to do something that goes against what God tells us.

What chapter and verse is this please, I put it in Google and it said Romans 13:1. But it's not the same as this as I can see. Thanks

marhig

I explained how in that post. Or did you not read the whole post?

I did yes, but I can't see how you have got that verse to support what you are saying, Jesus is clearly saying his kingdom is a not of this world and if it were then he would have men to fight for him. But Jesus fights with the word of God by the spirit which is not of this world, he doesn't fight with weapons of the world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How does that verse support the military?
Let me give you some other verses that tell us God not only tells us He likes the death penalty, but also that He instituted the death penalty along with a military.

Genesis 9:6 *“Whoever sheds man’s blood,By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man."

Romans 13

1 Chronicles 27:34 "Kings army"

Deuteronomy 20

Numbers 1:2-3 "every male ... twenty years old and above ... all who are able to go war"

Exodus 21

Leviticus 24

Numbers 35

Deuteronomy 13, 19

Ezekiel 13

Matthew 15

Mark 7

Acts 25

Revelation 13, 16

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I did yes, but I can't see how you have got that verse to support what you are saying, Jesus is clearly saying his kingdom is a not of this world and if it were then he would have men to fight for him. But Jesus fights with the word of God by the spirit which is not of this world, he doesn't fight with weapons of the world.
Jesus said that His kingdom was originally planned to be of this world. Then Israel turned away from God, so He changed the plan, and instead the kingdom is now a heavenly one.

Had it been of this world, He would have wanted a military to defend His kingdom.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let me give you some other verses that tell us God not only tells us He likes the death penalty, but also that He instituted the death penalty along with a military.

Genesis 9:6 *“Whoever sheds man’s blood,By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man."

Romans 13

Deuteronomy 20

Numbers 1:2-3 "every male ... twenty years old and above ... all who are able to go war"

Exodus 21

Leviticus 24

Numbers 35

Deuteronomy 13, 19

Ezekiel 13

Matthew 15

Mark 7

Acts 25

Revelation 13, 16

:thumb:

Exodus 15:3 KJV
(3) The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

marhig

Genesis 9:6 Whoever sheds man’s blood,By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man."

Romans 13

Deuteronomy 20

Exodus 21

Leviticus 24

Numbers 35

Deuteronomy 13, 19

Ezekiel 13

Matthew 15

Mark 7

Acts 25

Revelation 13, 16

Hi I'm going through Jesus by the Spirit in the new testament. Because Jesus said that in times of old it was said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but I say unto you love your enemies, do good to those that hate you, bless those that curse your and pray for those that dispitefully use you.

Also thanks for the chapters, which verses in the new testament ones do you mean thanks

marhig

Jesus said that His kingdom was originally planned to be of this world. Then Israel turned away from God, so He changed the plan, and instead the kingdom is now a heavenly one.

Had it been of this world, He would have wanted a military to defend His kingdom.

I don't see it like that, but just say that what you are saying is true and Jesus' kingdom is now a heavenly one, then those who are born of God belong to his heavenly kingdom and they don't fight with weapons of the world but with the weapons of the Spirit which sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hi I'm going through Jesus by the Spirit in the new testament. Because Jesus said that in time of old it was said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, bit I say unto you love your enemies, do good to those that hate you, bless those that curse your and pray for those that dispitefully use you.

Remember when Jesus said He did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it?

The sermon Jesus was giving in this passage was directed at the individual, not the government or the people as a whole. The law remained after His sermon. Do not murder, do not steal, etc. Nor did the punishments for crimes go away either.

Also thanks for the chapters, which verses in the new testament ones do you mean thanks

The entire chapters.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't see it like that, but just say that what you are saying is true and Jesus' kingdom is now a heavenly one, then those who are born of God belong to his heavenly kingdom and they don't fight with weapons of the world but with the weapons of the Spirit which sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Correct. But again, just because it's now a heavenly kingdom doesn't mean that God now opposes a military.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Check your PMs.

marhig

Correct. But again, just because it's now a heavenly kingdom doesn't mean that God now opposes a military.

But what I have said all along is that i believe that those born of God won't take up weapons of the world, we are to bring Gods love, word, mercy and forgiveness to others, following Jesus. I don't believe that we should bare weapons with the intentions of killing another human being. That's the way I believe is right before God and it's what Jesus taught.

As I said to GT if you want to and you get a chance watch hacksaw ridge, (it's a true story)after watching that, I can't believe anyone would think that there is no God. I would pray that God would give me the strength that Desmond Doss had when he went to the front line to fight with the love of God instead of the weapons of the world.

I'll will take a look at you PM later, I'm just out ATM.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But what I have said all along is that i believe that those born of God won't take up weapons of the world, we are to bring Gods love, word, mercy and forgiveness to others, following Jesus. I don't believe that we should bare weapons with the intentions of killing another human being. That's the way I believe is right before God and it's what Jesus taught.

As I said to GT if you want to and you get a chance watch hacksaw ridge, (it's a true story)after watching that, I can't believe anyone would think that there is no God. I would pray that God would give me the strength that Desmond Doss had when he went to the front line to fight with the love of God instead of the weapons of the world.

I'll will take a look at you PM later, I'm just out ATM.

On forgiveness:

Do you think we should forgive everyone regardless of the circumstance?

On "bearing weapons":
God gives the circumstances in which it is completely acceptable and unacceptable for someone to kill someone else.

See Exodus 22:2-3.

See also Luke 22:36