pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What if it is a person telling their enemy that it is not acceptable to kill your enemy in Jesus Christ? Suspicion. Because is this in the interest of self-preservation rather than obedience to God and loving your neighbor as yourself, be it that you yourself are viewed as their enemy. Where is it, your motivation, in the convincing?

drbrumley

Christians are not necessarily pacifists either. This may sound strange to those whose knowledge of Christians is limited to Christian armchair warriors, Christian Coalition moralists, evangelical warvangelicals, Catholic just war theorists, reich-wing Christian nationalists, theocon Values Voters, imperial Christians, Red-State Christian fascists, bloodthirsty Christian conservatives, God and country Christian bumpkins, and other Religious Rightists that have no problem draping the cross of Christ with the American flag. But as I say whenever I speak about Christianity and war:

If there is any group of people that should be opposed to war, torture, militarism, the warfare state, state worship, suppression of civil liberties, an imperial presidency, blind nationalism, government propaganda, and an aggressive foreign policy it is Christians, and especially conservative, evangelical, and fundamentalist Christians who claim to strictly follow the dictates of Scripture and worship the Prince of Peace.​

Since aggression, violence, and bloodshed are contrary to the nature of biblical Christianity, it is reasonable to surmise that biblical Christians might be pacifists, depending on how you define the term. Nevertheless, I don’t see “absolute pacifism” prescribed for Christians in the New Testament.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are the one who did it, not me.

You are so messed up.

You are troll.

You seem to be so intimidated by my threads.

Why do you have the need to call names?

Neve mind.

Your comments are trash.

good day.
:blabla:

:troll:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What if it is a person telling their enemy that it is not acceptable to kill your enemy in Jesus Christ? Suspicion. Because is this in the interest of self-preservation rather than obedience to God and loving your neighbor as yourself, be it that you yourself are viewed as their enemy. Where is it, your motivation, in the convincing?

this is what Jesus says:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
this is what Jesus says:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

Please contribute on my thread where I posted the following, or can I quote you there?

Pacifism. Love your neighbor and love your enemy.

Matthew 5:43-48 NASB - 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on [the] evil and [the] good, and sends rain on [the] righteous and [the] unrighteous. 46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing [than others?] Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Since aggression, violence, and bloodshed are contrary to the nature of biblical Christianity, it is reasonable to surmise that biblical Christians might be pacifists, depending on how you define the term. Nevertheless, I don’t see “absolute pacifism” prescribed for Christians in the New Testament.

Not if you are in the military. You are only being disobedient if you join the military.

You are only pacifist if you are against violence.

get real friend.

drbrumley

Defense and War: A Biblical Perspective
By Ron McKenzie
November 23, 2001

The Bible gives a nation the right of self-defense. However there are a number of principles which should control the civil government's exercise of this authority in the fulfilment of its responsibilities.

Last edited:

drbrumley

War is only justified for defense (Romans 13:1-8). It should not be used to expand a nation’s boundaries, or to take control of another nation, or to extract trade advantages. This is a fundamental principle. A nation should never need to establish military domination in another region or nation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You hate everyone don't you....?

Oh and YOU GET REAL!!!!

I don't hate you just because I don't agree with you.

It seems to me you are in this thread to troll with that kind of comments.

You haven't agreed with me anything what I have to say all these years.

drbrumley

The idea of a Christian Holy War has no basis in Scriptures. The nation of Israel conquered and destroyed the Canaanite nations. This was only done after a specific and direct command from God (Deut 7:1,2). This was a special case where God had a specific purpose in terms of the salvation he planned for Israel. It is not an example that can be followed by Christians or a Christian nation. We should not use war to win people for the gospel. (We should be honest and admit that the crusades were a mistake, however well-intentioned the crusaders may have been).