OSAS

Zeke

It's not the end of the world, but it is a quick way to end conversation. And if we're not at least attempting that then what are we doing, exactly?

Some times it does, but that's no new revelation around here most get morphed/distracted from the original post, anyway good place to end this one, until you feel the need to correct me again I guess were done, happy trails.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dismissal being a relative perception we all indulge in, some like it presented in a more diplomatic style than others. Plus the nature of this site being what it is feeds on such energy, just doing my part to keep the beast fed.

In the scope of things going on a little saucing response from me is the least of the coming worries to think about.

You sure are a Nut.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Oh give yourself a break.....

Oh give yourself a break.....

No, sorry, it is rather the 'intelligent' than particularly a Calvinist. We get slammed a lot, so I'll not take the inane jib to heart, but it isn't called for.
I don't like your 'feel-good new-age religious emoting' either, but I don't pick at U-ran(ia) weirdos in general. I expect a bit of scapegoating, but this is a bit absurd. He posted this clear back in October. You are coming at it like 1) it had your name on the e-mail and 2) like it came yesterday.

Back to the 'intelligent' slam: Emoting is the worst kind of theology. It does first, thinks later or not at all. That's what you gave up.

This is pure "Zeke-emotion" with little substance and not 'really' theology. You can try to package it that way, but it isn't. Theo-logy means "Study" (not emoting of) "God." You new-agers gave that up. You do a lot more 'feel' than study after the rejection.

2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
<cough>...<Urantia thread>...<cough> -Lon

Just because Zeke posts once in awhile on the Urantia Book thread, does not mean he is a UB reader or believer in any particulars taught in that resource, except that his journey includes a more esoteric approach and interpretation of religious concepts, ideals and metaphors all pointing to the inward experience of the soul, and its various allegories and archetypes. All is consciousness, the rest are just thoughts and appearances that arise in consciousness, with various minds relating or interpreting them in their own way (in their own 'language').

There is only one universal source and original ground of reality, that is both unknowable and knowable, without dimensions and with dimensions, and it is what IS. (it is All That IS) - all else are just concepts, de-scriptions, words, ideas, symbols, translations. We would remind you to research the eternal/infinite reality, which gives birth to all conceptions, and abide in the clarity of that 'light', for that 'light' is what we call 'God', but it is more. It is the reality from which all springs, inheres and has its existence in, for there is no 'other' besides THAT.

Lon

Just because Zeke posts once in awhile on the Urantia Book thread, does not mean he is a UB reader or believer in any particulars taught in that resource, except that his journey includes a more esoteric approach and interpretation of religious concepts, ideals and metaphors all pointing to the inward experience of the soul, and its various allegories and archetypes. All is consciousness, the rest are just thoughts and appearances that arise in consciousness, with various minds relating or interpreting them in their own way (in their own 'language').
For fundamental biblical Christians the concern over the rejection is the same. Most I've ever heard/known used drugs to 'help' them along this supposed journey. It becomes obvious quickly why one would reject Christianity at that point:
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
-Lon

There is only one universal source and original ground of reality, that is both unknowable and knowable, without dimensions and with dimensions, and it is what IS.
Yet you reject the objective. I submit there is NO knowable if God doesn't break through your barrier. I believe the Bible is correct that sin separates us from God. You do not. We can't even have a conversation because of it. Your supposed reality is what I was living with 'before' coming to Christ. I hated sin, you love it as part of yourself, despite what it does/has done to other people. Scripture says that is exactly the way a sinner 'embraces' sin.

(it is All That IS)
Such is god-consciousness rather than a being (which is just 'you' at that point).

all else are just concepts, de-scriptions, words, ideas, symbols, translations.
Been through this in philosophy class. I rejected it as absurd. You do too, you don't actually 'live' in that universe, just visit there once in awhile.

We would remind you to research the eternal/infinite reality, which gives birth to all conceptions, and abide in the clarity of that 'light', for that 'light' is what we call 'God', but it is more. It is the reality from which all springs, inheres and has its existence in, for there is no 'other' besides THAT.
You and the mouse in your pocket? I'm flatly, not interested and adamantly reject all those drug-users and poor-humans for being excuse makers to live the way 'they' wanted to live. Oblivious to other's pain? Yep. Oblivious they 'made' it happen? Yep. That hippy world is long gone from me. It was full of death and atrocious egocentrism. I won't go into it much, but several of the 'Christian'-Buddhists I've run across are in jail or died there. It has nothing I want, nor the other free-love hippies who are dead or worse. It is far and away worse and more abusive than your rejection of Christianity and Christ. You have nothing I want or need.

Last edited:

Zeke

Lon you say I have rejected Christ, but that would be rejecting my own conscience to do that, And I have used plenty of scriptures to show the Esoteric way as being viable now and in the past.

I do reject the sacrifice as being a literal event, that I now see from scripture and trained scholars in the same field "that you lean on" who came to the same conclusions, which transcends the intellect's ability to boast about being responsible for the inward revelations of Christ, a birth that isn't based on the will or intellectually learned spirituality, which levels the playing field for all men regardless of their status among them.

But I will stop with the anti Calvinist/intellectual tidbits that incite a negative response, I promise if ever I respond to you any longer it will be from the scriptures and historical accounts that dispute you're theology.

Lon

Lon you say I have rejected Christ, but that would be rejecting my own conscience to do that, And I have used plenty of scriptures to show the Esoteric way as being viable now and in the past.

I do reject the sacrifice as being a literal event, that I now see from scripture and trained scholars in the same field "that you lean on" who came to the same conclusions, which transcends the intellect's ability to boast about being responsible for the inward revelations of Christ, a birth that isn't based on the will or intellectually learned spirituality, which levels the playing field for all men regardless of their status among them.
Christ levels the playing field, but one would have to become the same esoteric Unitarian to become what you are talking about. If that were the case, the road wouldn't even be narrow, it'd be only the few. And if it were truly universal, then you shouldn't be as concerned as I am. I believe the scriptures. I believe a literal Jesus and a literal death. Paul said if it "didn't" happen, we are to be the most pitied on the planet, the most ridiculed. One either reads and understands the exclusive claims of scriptures, and embraces them or one disregards them and it doesn't matter 'how much' you pick and choose, it is an all/none proposition. We have to die to self and follow Him. That is no 'illusion' or 'illustration.' Saying such 'denies the power therein." 2 Timothy 3:5,14

But I will stop with the anti Calvinist/intellectual tidbits that incite a negative response, I promise if ever I respond to you any longer it will be from the scriptures and historical accounts that dispute you're theology.
Well, if that is how you feel, it is something to talk about, but I've never understood the sudden angst. You had befriended me. I don't spin on a dime or take those gestures lightly. I never did break friendship with you, nor any other fair-weather. I'm just not made for that kind of happenstance. I remember to pray for you, while yet on my 'friend' list.

Zeke

Lon;4584904]Christ levels the playing field, but one would have to become the same esoteric Unitarian to become what you are talking about. If that were the case, the road wouldn't even be narrow, it'd be only the few. And if it were truly universal, then you shouldn't be as concerned as I am. I believe the scriptures. I believe a literal Jesus and a literal death. Paul said if it "didn't" happen, we are to be the most pitied on the planet, the most ridiculed. One either reads and understands the exclusive claims of scriptures, and embraces them or one disregards them and it doesn't matter 'how much' you pick and choose, it is an all/none proposition. We have to die to self and follow Him. That is no 'illusion' or 'illustration.' Saying such 'denies the power therein." 2 Timothy 3:5,14

Yet other parts of scripture shows the death burial and resurrection/ rebirth happens within us, which is the point made to Nicodemus and in Galatians, plus the Romans seven.

Death of the physical isn't the point being made by Paul, which scholars have shown that death is a state of the soul in-tombed in flesh which predated Paul and the Bible, the sign of Jonah being a classic allegory that teaches the Souls journey in a tabernacle of flesh, Christ in you wasn't a new mystery.

Well, if that is how you feel, it is something to talk about, but I've never understood the sudden angst. You had befriended me. I don't spin on a dime or take those gestures lightly. I never did break friendship with you, nor any other fair-weather. I'm just not made for that kind of happenstance. I remember to pray for you, while yet on my 'friend' list.

If I recall it was over Romans 9-11, but that's water under the bridge.

Lon

Yet other parts of scripture shows the death burial and resurrection/ rebirth happens within us, which is the point made to Nicodemus and in Galatians, plus the Romans seven.
Paul said if it "didn't" actually happen, we are to be the most pitied on the planet, the most ridiculed. 1 Corinthians 15:14,17,19
Saying such against scripture and God 'denies the power therein." 2 Timothy 3:5,14
If I recall it was over Romans 9-11, but that's water under the bridge.
2 points 1) I don't recall, ever, ticking you off, just that you suddenly were 2) I don't recall, even up to this day, ever giving you reason for angst but that I'm still getting it even in this thread, a year or so later. I do chalk it up to you rejecting all or most of Christianity, but that's all I've ever understood about it so not quite all the way under that bridge?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Evidently, everlasting life is a good thing that God made available to believers by the work of His son.

That does not say OSAS. You are adding your own wishful desire.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you have to love before you get saved?

We are all sinners before we accept Jesus. In fact, we are still sinners even after we accept Jesus. His followers have hope of being saved. This is simple and clear salvation principle.