OSAS Salvation Test

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus' crucifixion was not to purchase no one.
Aren't you tired of being wrong?

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

It was the punishment of insurrection though not caused by himself but by his own disciples who were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem.
Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are two kinds of salvation. One is universal salvation and the other is personal. For universal salvation yes, it is free; but for the personal salvation, we have to pay with obedience to the Law of HaShem. Jesus himself said in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that, to escape hell-fire, one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)
There is no universal salvation only world reconciliation as in 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV. In order to have the work of Jesus Christ put to your account (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), you must trust the Lord believing the good news of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV which you will most likely never do as you would suffer persecution from your peers (2 Timothy 3:12 KJV, but I am here to preach the cross whether or not you will believe it (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV).

Ben Masada

1 - Aren't you tired of being wrong?

2 - Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

3 - Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

4 - Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 - No, as long as you prove to me that I am wrong.

2 - Indeed, I believe I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise since we left Mitzraim and headed back to the Promised Land.

3 - There is no redemption of the purchase possession as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37)

4 - Jesus neither died for our offenses nor experienced bodily resurrection. (II Sam. 12:23; 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7;9)

Ben Masada

There is no universal salvation only world reconciliation as in 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV. In order to have the work of Jesus Christ put to your account (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), you must trust the Lord believing the good news of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV which you will most likely never do as you would suffer persecution from your peers (2 Timothy 3:12 KJV, but I am here to preach the cross whether or not you will believe it (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV).

Do you believe that the Flood ever happened? Do you know that it will never happen again? First because, at the time of the Flood, the Jews did not exist yet. Soon after the Flood God made a covenant with Noah when the Lord promised Noah, he would never allow another Flood to destroy Mankind again. (Gen. 8:21,22) Why? Because soon afterwards, the Lord blessed the descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Israel, so that the world be saved from any further universal catastrophe. (Gen. 17:21) Jeremiah connected that promise with the presence of Israel in the world if you read Jer. 31:35-37 and Jesus later on read both texts, the one of Genesis and the one of Jeremiah and declared that universal salvation comes from the Jews. (John 4:22)

lifeisgood

Jesus' crucifixion was not to purchase no one. It was the punishment of insurrection though not caused by himself but by his own disciples who were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem. Hence his verdict of INRI on the top of his cross nailed there at the command of Pilate. (Luke 19:37-40?

I can see you do not know your own scriptures.
No wonder you crucified Him when He came to you.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' crucifixion was not to purchase no one. It was the punishment of insurrection though not caused by himself but by his own disciples who were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem. Hence his verdict of INRI on the top of his cross nailed there at the command of Pilate. (Luke 19:37-40?

This is a Bible study. Tell us about the Sanhedrin. Enquiring minds want to know.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure I'm following.

I had a thread before purge that was about "Perseverance of the Saints."
It is a little different than OSAS in emphasis and concern. It isn't that A Calvinist doesn't believe that one saved remains saved (we do) but rather that we believe that a Christian is God's workmanship Ephesians 2:10 and that he/she is a new creation that will necessarily produce work in keeping with a new nature. 2 Corinthians 5:17
This doesn't mean that a new creation will grow immediately nor they will not have bumps in their life, but salvation is always by grace, through faith Ephesians 2:8,9 Romans 11:6

As far as John 3:15-20
Joh 3:15that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Joh 3:16"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Joh 3:19And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
Joh 3:21But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."
How does John 3:15-20 countermand OSAS? Or were you thinking of something else? Are you assuming Nicodemus, as a Pharisee/teacher, was 'saved?' :idunno: Not quite picking up where you are pointing.

Hello Lon,

Have been studying your postings. Are you willing to explain Psalm 16:10? Here it is

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell;
neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
No, you do 2 Thessaloninas 2:10 KJV

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

This verse is the center piece of my assault. Thanks for bringing it in. Couldn't do it without you. Hang in their heir.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Now, be honest okay? You're not one of the smartest posters
on TOL. I think you're aware of that and compensate by acting
like a spoiled child. Isn't that right? Of course it is. I recognized
that the first time I seen you create a post. I thought, gee, this
guy isn't very bright. However, I was willing to give you a chance
to redeem yourself. But, I have to tell ya, you've gotten worse as
time goes by buddy. I really don't see you getting any better in
the future and may have to place you on ignore?

I'm just giving you the heads up on this situation. You need
to try a little harder. Step up!

Ok

I will try harder.

Why did Teacher Nick bring 100 pounds of myrrh?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The Sanhedrin was the ruling class in Palistine. These rulers were in the know. There is no way that Nicodemus could have met with Jesus and the Sanhedrin not know it. Nicodemus was authorized to meet with Jesus to open discussion with Him. That is apparent by the way Jesus talks to Nicodemus. Jesus isn't just talking to Nicodemus but to the entire Sadhedrin.

After the meeting between Jesus and Nicodemus the ruling Sanhedrin sought to execute Jesus. Nicodemus reminds the counsel that a trail was demanded by law.

Nicodemus was very familiar with Psalm 16:10 and the Jews did not embalm. The 100 pound weight of myrrh was not for Jesus but for those of the Sanhedrin who were going to guard the body. Nicodemus believed that the body of Jesus was going to corrupt and he wanted to protect the spies from the smell.

The Pope said the myrrh was for a royal burrial. That in itself should make you suspicious of Nicodemus and his hundred pound weight. Who helped Nicodemus carry the load? The Sanhedrin would have known all about it. They just had Jesus executed and then they allow one of its members to help with the burial? Why?

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 - No, as long as you prove to me that I am wrong.
It's been done over and over. Watch.

2 - Indeed, I believe I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise since we left Mitzraim and headed back to the Promised Land.
Only those who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation are sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)! And since you reject 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, you haven't been!

3 - There is no redemption of the purchase possession as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37)
Romans 11:11 KJV As for the saved (members of the Body of Christ) Ephesians 1:7 KJV, Ephesians 4:30 KJV

4 - Jesus neither died for our offenses nor experienced bodily resurrection. (II Sam. 12:23; 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7;9)
Romans 4:25 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

This verse is the center piece of my assault. Thanks for bringing it in.

The love of the truth is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Have you received it by trusting the Lord for salvation believing it?

lifeisgood

Hello Lon,

Have been studying your postings. Are you willing to explain Psalm 16:10? Here it is

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell;
neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

The way I see it:

For thou [Father] wilt not leave my [your Son's] soul in hell;
neither wilt thou suffer [permit] thine Holy One to see corruption [you Father will resurrect your Son after three days].

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The love of the truth is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Have you received it by trusting the Lord for salvation believing it?

Ah yes the Administrator busy at work again. The Sanhedrin sent Nicodemus to test Jesus. Jesus failed the Sanhedrin test. So they crucified Him. Then they gave Jesus' dead body a gift. 100 pounds of myrrh. And just so Jesus wouldn't have to be alone in that cold old tomb the Sanhedrin sent an emissary to keep watch for 3 days and 3 nights. Imagine the look on the faces of those Administrators when they rolled away the stone and came face to face with the risen Lord.

Now we keep watch over the tomb of the Sanhedrin, waiting for the stone to be rolled away. So that we can have another face to face. In the mean while we must deal with petty admin officers.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The way I see it:

For thou [Father] wilt not leave my [your Son's] soul in hell;
neither wilt thou suffer [permit] thine Holy One to see corruption [you Father will resurrect your Son after three days].

Agreed. But that is not an Administration point of view.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
OSAS, John 3:16 is not your verse. Jesus was not even talking to you. The verse came up in a private conversation between Jesus and Nicidemus who was a member of the Sanhedrin. The Sanhedrin as an audience is as far as the verse can be expanded to.

The point of the verse was not about who could be saved. The point of the verse was about who decided who could be saved. (Example: the Sanhedrin would allow anyone to come to God through the provisions set forth in the law. In other words 'whosoever brought an acceptable sacrifice to the Temple' etc.)

The Sanhedrin had already decided that the nation would be saved through strict adherence to the law. That was the reason for the Sanhedrin's very existence. Jesus was taking the reason for the Sanhedrin away from them. Jesus was saying that in His kingdom there would be no Sanhedrin. And they hated Him for that.

John 3:16 stands for freedom from salvation tests. All of them. OSAS is here to test everyone's salvation. Jesus throws your test in the trash with 3:16. None of your tests apply.

There is no reason for OSAS to be here. Jesus is beyond reproach and you cannot test Him.