OSAS Salvation Test

dialm

BANNED
Banned
For God so loved the world...

If it is so simple and clear as you keep telling the Calvinists then why all the tests?

lifeisgood

You mean the only requirement being Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross purchasing those who believe in Him and what He did?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You mean the only requirement being Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross purchasing those who believe in Him and what He did?

Just one more example of an OSAS who can't read.

The verse comes from John chapter 3. Jesus was talking to a teacher of Israel. The ministry of Jesus had just begun.

If the enemy was thinking in terms of liquidating Jesus at time of chapter 3 it would have been by stoning, the preferred method and not by crucifixion the foreign method.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You know how the verse reads.

Is that the only requirement?

That's not the gospel of our salvation. Open a thread with the gospel of Christ and ask if trusting the Lord believing it is the only requirement for salvation and I will answer unequivocally, "Yes!".

lifeisgood

Just one more example of an OSAS who can't read.

Don't believe in UNconditional eternal security.
I believe in conditional eternal security.

The verse comes from John chapter 3. Jesus was talking to a teacher of Israel. The ministry of Jesus had just begun.

If the enemy was thinking in terms of liquidating Jesus at time of chapter 3 it would have been by stoning, the preferred method and not by crucifixion the foreign method.

Correct; however, the only problem being that the enemy had no power at all in what Jesus Christ was going to do. None. Zilch. Nada.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Incoherent.

Your kind adds to this verse.

The verse simpy says believe on Him. The Him was the man standing before Teacher Nick. Jesus had not been crucified. Teacher Nick would never think in those terms at that time. It would have been impossible.

Therefore

Teacher Nick is excluded from belief in the Cross.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You got a big prob OSAS.

We are going to exclude Teacher Nick from the 'whosoever will'.

If we do it then you got

NOTHING

Ben Masada

Jesus' crucifixion was not to purchase no one. It was the punishment of insurrection though not caused by himself but by his own disciples who were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem. Hence his verdict of INRI on the top of his cross nailed there at the command of Pilate. (Luke 19:37-40?

Ben Masada

There no requirement for salvation, it's a free gift, unmerited.

There are two kinds of salvation. One is universal salvation and the other is personal. For universal salvation yes, it is free; but for the personal salvation, we have to pay with obedience to the Law of HaShem. Jesus himself said in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that, to escape hell-fire, one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You got a big prob OSAS.

We are going to exclude Teacher Nick from the 'whosoever will'.

If we do it then you got

NOTHING

Now, be honest okay? You're not one of the smartest posters
on TOL. I think you're aware of that and compensate by acting
like a spoiled child. Isn't that right? Of course it is. I recognized
that the first time I seen you create a post. I thought, gee, this
guy isn't very bright. However, I was willing to give you a chance
to redeem yourself. But, I have to tell ya, you've gotten worse as
time goes by buddy. I really don't see you getting any better in
the future and may have to place you on ignore?

I'm just giving you the heads up on this situation. You need
to try a little harder. Step up!

Lon

For God so loved the world...

If it is so simple and clear as you keep telling the Calvinists then why all the tests?
I'm not sure I'm following.

I had a thread before purge that was about "Perseverance of the Saints."
It is a little different than OSAS in emphasis and concern. It isn't that A Calvinist doesn't believe that one saved remains saved (we do) but rather that we believe that a Christian is God's workmanship Ephesians 2:10 and that he/she is a new creation that will necessarily produce work in keeping with a new nature. 2 Corinthians 5:17
This doesn't mean that a new creation will grow immediately nor they will not have bumps in their life, but salvation is always by grace, through faith Ephesians 2:8,9 Romans 11:6

As far as John 3:15-20
Joh 3:15that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Joh 3:16"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Joh 3:19And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
Joh 3:21But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."
How does John 3:15-20 countermand OSAS? Or were you thinking of something else? Are you assuming Nicodemus, as a Pharisee/teacher, was 'saved?' :idunno: Not quite picking up where you are pointing.