Only One God-The Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I said
You are getting paranoid. I thought we had a good conversation started. I am not trying to condemn you. I am always sincere when I apologize. All spiritual beliefs must fit into the rules of believing. Your don't.
Not to think beyond what is written, and not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses. We must all grow in knowledge of the Word. We can share what we have. It can be as simple as the word 'unless". But I didn't take offense to that. I thanked you for it.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

You haven't disproved anything that I have said. You also should stop trying to judge me. Jesus himself saved me. You look really bad when you get into judging others and resorting to insults.

the589

Would you explain messianic ?

It's either Christians that want to live more a J-wish way or J-wish that adopt trinitarian doctrine. Messianic Judaism is an American stream that combines Catholic with J-wish. Why i said i'm different in this because I don't adopt the Catholic doctrines as they teach them

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Squeaky, You said “God the Father gave Jesus a new title as a God over heaven and earth.” A title must represent reality if God gave him that title. Could you give me a verse that says that Jesus is “a God” except for the wrong translation found in the JW NWT.

Kind regards
Trevor

I said
I see. When talking about Jesus most refer to what He was on earth. And I could have worded that a little better. When Jesus returns at His second coming, He will come with the authority of a God.

[Heb 1:8-9
8 But to the Son [He says]: "Your throne, O God, [is] forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You haven't disproved anything that I have said. You also should stop trying to judge me. Jesus himself saved me. You look really bad when you get into judging others and resorting to insults.

I said
No I haven't. But the Holy Spirit has. I'm not the one judging you, the Holy Spirit is. I'm just sharing what He tells me. Not to hurt you , but to help you grow in the right direction.

[2Co 7:8-10
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance [leading] to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

marhig

I read your entire post but for quoting purposes i shortened it. And i agree with everything you just said. Let me just say that no (orthodox) J-ws will agree on Jesus so i don't speak for this community. But (if) you are insescure about where you're going in faith you don't have to, because you see the fruit of your faith yourself and that it's going the right way (unless it's not) but your progress since your faith should testify if you're going the right direction

I agree that for the commandments you mentioned there is no law. And no Israelite or orthodox J-w (should) force Torah on non-Israelite simply for the fact the Torah was given to the Israelites and not the entire Earth. Rather an orthodox would rather have the entire Earth adopt Noahidism yet for me personally any person coming to repent and love G-d through Jesus Christ that is will of G-d and why G-d sent his only Son. Anyway Judaism should not be your main focus unless you really want to. Rather the church(es) teach rather isolative doctrines such as there is no salvation outside the church where Judaism teaches any person(even atheists) that walks upright and righteous and have done nothing really unlawful or sinful for them is also inheritance. Yet ofcourse it would be better if they know G-d and i would say they are very rare people
That's really interesting, i have never been a member of a denomination, so I believe a bit differently, i believe in and follow Jesus as he teaches in the Bible, not by the way a denomination teaches. I first heard the gospel from my uncle, who when he heard the word of God, left his old life behind and went out to preach, he was lay preacher who only read the Bible and prayed and trusted in God as he went. And he and my mum taught me the gospel, he passed away a few years ago, but we still have little house meetings, where we get together and read the Bible, both old and new testaments, and abide by the teachings of Jesus and we also listen to the prophets and the apostles, but Jesus comes first, he is the Messiah.

Some listen to the prophets first, others Paul, to us, Jesus comes first, and we follow him, he is the way, and we believe that we shouldn't judge others after the flesh. We believe that we are to speak the truth, and leave all judgement in Gods hands, as only be knows the heart. And we should live by the will of God following Jesus and be there for others when needed, and through Christ by the Spirit we glorify God. Without God, we can do nothing, our flesh wants to satisfy the flesh, but those born of God want to please him and turn from their flesh, and though Christ, the Spirit helps us to overcome.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you for explaining what you believe so far, it seems to be similar to me :)

James said this.

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That's really interesting, i have never been a member of a denomination, so I believe a bit differently, i believe in and follow Jesus as he teaches in the Bible, not by the way a denomination teaches. I first heard the gospel from my uncle, who when he heard the word of God, left his old life behind and went out to preach, he was lay preacher who only read the Bible and prayed and trusted in God as he went. And he and my mum taught me the gospel, he past away a few years ago, but we still have little house meetings, where we get together and read the Bible, both old and new testaments, and abide by the teachings of Jesus and we also listen to the prophets and the apostles, but Jesus comes first, he is the Messiah.

Some listen to the prophets first, others Paul, to us, Jesus comes first, and we follow him, he is the way, and we believe that we shouldn't judge others after the flesh. We believe that we are to speak the truth, and leave all judgement in Gods hands, as only be knows the heart. And we should live by the will of God following Jesus and be there for others when needed, and through Christ we and glorify God. Without God, we can do nothing, our flesh wants to satisfy the flesh, but those born of God want to please him and turn from their flesh, and though Christ, the Spirit helps us to overcome.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you for explaining what you believe so far, it seems to be similar to me :)

James said that this.

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I said
Very nice testimony.

TrevorL

Greetings again Squeaky,
I see. When talking about Jesus most refer to what He was on earth. And I could have worded that a little better. When Jesus returns at His second coming, He will come with the authority of a God.
Heb 1:8-9 8 But to the Son [He says]: "Your throne, O God, [is] forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."
I appreciate your perspective. My understanding is that Jesus is called “God”, not because he is “a God” or appears like a God, or will have “the authority of a God”, but rather he is given the title God because he represents the One God, that is God the Father. This is how I understand why the Judges and Angels were also called God, that is Hebrew Elohim.

Kind regards
Trevor

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Squeaky, I appreciate your perspective. My understanding is that Jesus is called “God”, not because he is “a God” or appears like a God, or will have “the authority of a God”, but rather he is given the title God because he represents the One God, that is God the Father. This is how I understand why the Judges and Angels were also called God, that is Hebrew Elohim.

Kind regards
Trevor

I said
Well that is where we differ. God and Lord are spiritual titles of authority. The Father held both titles in the old testament. After Jesus proved Himself to God in the new testament. God the Father gave Jesus the title of Lord(Not LORD).. And when Jesus returns at His second coming He will carry the title of God. But not until then. From the beginning until now the Father is the only one who carries the title of God.

God's Truth

I said
No I haven't. But the Holy Spirit has. I'm not the one judging you, the Holy Spirit is. I'm just sharing what He tells me. Not to hurt you , but to help you grow in the right direction.

[2Co 7:8-10
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance [leading] to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

The Holy Spirit has not done what you claim.

You are ridiculous thinking you don't have to prove anything and just say so.

You don't know how to rightly divide the word of God; you don't even know how to get rid of your "I said" problem. That is not from God. You do not have enough obedience to overcome.

You teach falseness about feelings and you cannot even submit to God and stop an OCD type of problem.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 4:12 KJV
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isaiah 43:11 KJV
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Titus 2:13 KJV
(13) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 4:12 KJV
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Matthew 28:19 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit has not done what you claim.

You are ridiculous thinking you don't have to prove anything and just say so.

You don't know how to rightly divide the word of God; you don't even know how to get rid of your "I said" problem. That is not from God. You do not have enough obedience to overcome.

You teach falseness about feelings and you cannot even submit to God and stop an OCD type of problem.

I said
I think you have that a little backwards. Your the one that made claims with no evidence. Not me. And I have absolutely no reason to get rid of the "I said". You haven't given me any logical reason to get rid of the "I said". Its just a habit I got into in the 90's. Now what is the OCD?

God's Truth

I said
I think you have that a little backwards. Your the one that made claims with no evidence. Not me. And I have absolutely no reason to get rid of the "I said". You haven't given me any logical reason to get rid of the "I said". Its just a habit I got into in the 90's. Now what is the OCD?

You are doing something that is strange and not helpful. OCD is an obsessive compulsive disorder. I think that you have that disorder.

You are going to come back and say you don't, but your denial is not proof of truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.