Only One God-The Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

the589

The Spirit of God/the Holy Spirit comes from God the Father.

Jesus comes from the Father.

There is only one divine Spirit, and Jesus' Spirit is that Spirit.

I agree with the first two statements. As for the last statement i can't possibly state the same because it is not the gospel

Saying Jesus is G-d is not the gospel (Mark 1:1). So i say Jesus is the Son of G-d

God's Truth

You made that up.
So do I.

I said Jesus is God the Father with a body and you said I made that up.

The Bible says God is a consuming fire.

Do you believe that?

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Tell me who is this inside Jesus' body:

Revelations 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I said Jesus is God the Father with a body and you said I made that up.
I'm with you so far.
The Bible says God is a consuming fire.

Do you believe that?

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Tell me who is this inside Jesus' body:

Revelations 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There is only one Spirit.

God the Father is Spirit. Jesus is Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Spirit.

They are all one and the same.

"…who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" (Philippians 2:7).

The Spirit is the form of God.

I said
A lot of people cant make the distinction of separating them all. I don't know why. But just because God was in Christ doesn't make Jesus into God. God also works in us and it doesn't make us God.

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Matt 3:16-17
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
(NKJ)

Three different Spirits in three different places, at the same time.. Even when God left Jesus on the cross to die alone, two different Spirits doing two different things.

Matt 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God is Spirit, invisible. Jesus is God the Father with a body.

I said
If Jesus was God the body would have died the very moment God left Jesus on the cross. But it didn't , Jesus still lived to say this.

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I agree with the first two statements. As for the last statement i can't possibly state the same because it is not the gospel

Saying Jesus is G-d is not the gospel (Mark 1:1). So i say Jesus is the Son of G-d

Just because Jesus is called the Son does not make him not God.

There is only one divine Spirit; see Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Jesus is that Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

the589

There is only one divine Spirit; see Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Jesus is that Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Yet the gospel is to speak Jesus the son of G-d, not Jesus is G-d. That is not the gospel. That is a different gospel. Galatians chapter 1 is very clear on this

God's Truth

I sure wish you would get rid of that OCD while speaking about God.

A lot of people cant make the distinction of separating them all. I don't know why. But just because God was in Christ doesn't make Jesus into God. God also works in us and it doesn't make us God.
Right; God being in us does not make us God, because we have our own spirit. However, Jesus' Spirit is his only Spirit. Jesus' blood takes away the sins of the world; our blood does not.

Three different Spirits in three different places, at the same time..

No. There are NOT three different Spirits at the same time.

There is one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

And Jesus IS that one Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Even when God left Jesus on the cross to die alone, two different Spirits doing two different things.

(NKJ)

I hope that you will come to realize there is only one Divine Spirit.

Tell me, how many different Spirits do you have living inside you?

God's Truth

I said
If Jesus was God the body would have died the very moment God left Jesus on the cross. But it didn't , Jesus still lived to say this.

(NKJ)

Jesus' body did die. His Spirit lived on.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Jesus is that Spirit:

I said
Jesus Himself makes Himself NOT God. Paul makes Jesus NOT God.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

There is a Spirit that has to lead us to Jesus. The Holy Spirit. The Lord doesn't become the Spirit until we come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. But to make it to Christ we must follow the Holy Spirit. That comes in the meat understanding. But before the meat understanding we must walk according to the gifts of the Spirit in the milk understanding.

John 14:25-30
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
29 "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
30 "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
(NKJ)

Then we have one Spirit the Holy Spirit, One Lord, Jesus, and One God the Father.

Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I sure wish you would get rid of that OCD while speaking about God.

Right; God being in us does not make us God, because we have our own spirit. However, Jesus' Spirit is his only Spirit. Jesus' blood takes away the sins of the world; our blood does not.

No. There are NOT three different Spirits at the same time.

There is one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

And Jesus IS that one Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

I hope that you will come to realize there is only one Divine Spirit.

Tell me, how many different Spirits do you have living inside you?

I said
Yes there are three different Spirits in this verse. All doing something different.

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
(NKJ)

God's Truth

Yet the gospel is to speak Jesus the son of G-d, not Jesus is G-d. That is not the gospel. That is a different gospel. Galatians chapter 1 is very clear on this

It is not a different gospel. I am proving my beliefs with scripture.

Tell me who is the King of kings, the Father or Jesus?

Whose blood is it the Father’s or Jesus’?

Who is the Redeemer, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Holy One, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Shepherd, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Savior, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, the Father or Jesus?

Who gives life, the Father or Jesus?

Who lives in believers, the Father or Jesus?

Whose commands are they, are they the Father's or Jesus' commands?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus sends the Holy Spirit?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit?

Who circumcises our hearts, the Father or Jesus circumcises our hearts?

Who do we bow to; do we bow to the Father or Jesus?

It is the Father's works, or is it Jesus' works?

Who sanctifies, the Father or Jesus?

Who raises the dead, the Father or Jesus?

Who draws all men the Father or Jesus?

God's Truth

I know it is you saying it.
Be an overcomer.

Jesus Himself makes Himself NOT God. Paul makes Jesus NOT God.

There is a Spirit that has to lead us to Jesus. The Holy Spirit.

That Spirit is Jesus.

The Lord doesn't become the Spirit until we come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. But to make it to Christ we must follow the Holy Spirit. That comes in the meat understanding. But before the meat understanding we must walk according to the gifts of the Spirit in the milk understanding.
You said there are three different Spirits. Do you admit now that you are wrong?

God's Truth

I said
Yes there are three different Spirits in this verse. All doing something different.

(NKJ)

No. There are not three different Spirits. There are three different titles. There is God the Father in heaven who is invisible. There is the Son Jesus Christ who has the Spirit of God come as a Man in the flesh; and, there is the Holy Spirit of God who is God the Father and goes out from Him without limit. Remember, He is all around us, and wants to be in us.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit; yet, when he was baptized, before his earthy ministry---he was given the Holy Spirit with power. That happened to the Apostles too.

God's Truth

Are these titles distinct from each other? The Father is not the Son, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.

You're getting warmer, Gt.

The Holy Spirit is the Father.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

I already gave scriptures saying that.

the589

It is not a different gospel. I am proving my beliefs with scripture.

Tell me who is the King of kings, the Father or Jesus?

Whose blood is it the Father’s or Jesus’?

Who is the Redeemer, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Holy One, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Shepherd, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Savior, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, the Father or Jesus?

Who gives life, the Father or Jesus?

Who lives in believers, the Father or Jesus?

Whose commands are they, are they the Father's or Jesus' commands?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus sends the Holy Spirit?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit?

Who circumcises our hearts, the Father or Jesus circumcises our hearts?

Who do we bow to; do we bow to the Father or Jesus?

It is the Father's works, or is it Jesus' works?

Who sanctifies, the Father or Jesus?

Who raises the dead, the Father or Jesus?

Who draws all men the Father or Jesus?

That's because of the following verse

John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

I gave it to you already with a silver spoon in previous posts

Again the proper doctrine and gospel is that Jesus is the Son of G-d. Mark 1:1

Why preach another gospel?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No. There are not three different Spirits. There are three different titles. There is God the Father in heaven who is invisible. There is the Son Jesus Christ who has the Spirit of God come as a Man in the flesh; and, there is the Holy Spirit of God who is God the Father and goes out from Him without limit. Remember, He is all around us, and wants to be in us.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit; yet, when he was baptized, before his earthy ministry---he was given the Holy Spirit with power. That happened to the Apostles too.

I said
Well we will have to agree to disagree. Your foundation of believing is outside the rules of spiritual belief. Mine are not.

The Only Foundation-Jesus

Luke 6:46-49
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
48 "He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.
49 "But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."
Matt 16:16-18
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
1 Cor 3:11
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.