On the omniscience of God

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
You still can't understand this simple idea?

My point was that computer programs are complex and that the code can follow many different paths depending on design.... even if the input is the same, the output can be made to vary BY DESIGN.

The use of the random function, as an example, was to make simple the fact that you can call the SAME function multiple times, but get a DIFFERENT result each time, BY DESIGN.

The fact that the whole sequence of the random number generator is deterministic is irrelevant.
But @Clete 's mouse eating the Moon images weren't completely random. They both clearly expressed a mouse eating the Moon. But there were lots of differences in the details. But in the broadest sense, they both expressed a mouse eating the Moon. So are you saying that A.I. is like a tuned pseudorandom number generator, where certain variables have very fine tolerances, and others are left to vary pseudorandomly? And this is why each time you give the A.I. instantiation the same prompt, it gives you different results, but at the same time, also the same result? I mean a pseudorandom number generator is always giving you a number between 0 and 1 (meaning the mouse is always eating the Moon somehow), so in that sense, it's always giving you the same result, but technically even though the number is always between 0 and 1, it's basically never the same number as the one before (it's always a different picture of a mouse eating the Moon)? Like it's the same and different at the same time, but on different scales or something?

Derf

Right Divider

Body part
So you also cannot understand this simple concept?
But @Clete 's mouse eating the Moon images weren't completely random.
Did someone say that they were?
They both clearly expressed a mouse eating the Moon.
Duh....

But as Clete said, the SAME input when repeatedly applied to this AI... produces DIFFERENT output (though clearly on the same theme).
But there were lots of differences in the details.
Duh
But in the broadest sense, they both expressed a mouse eating the Moon.
Duh
So are you saying that A.I. is like a tuned pseudorandom number generator, where certain variables have very fine tolerances, and others are left to vary pseudorandomly? And this is why each time you give the A.I. instantiation the same prompt, it gives you different results, but at the same time, also the same result?
My point was that AI is not "thinking" but running a program (which is what AI is) that allows it to VARY (and, yes, it's probably roughly pseudo-random) its output on each iteration.
I mean a pseudorandom number generator is always giving you a number between 0 and 1 (meaning the mouse is always eating the Moon somehow), so in that sense, it's always giving you the same result, but technically even though the number is always between 0 and 1, it's basically never the same number as the one before (it's always a different picture of a mouse eating the Moon)? Like it's the same and different at the same time, but on different scales or something?
Again, the point was that the AI is not "thinking"... just running a program. And that the program has variability build into it by its designer(s).

Computers simply do what they are told to do, nothing more.

SwordOfTruth

Again, the point was that the AI is not "thinking"... just running a program. And that the program has variability build into it by its designer(s).

Computers simply do what they are told to do, nothing more.

Isn't the same true of all animals and life forms that we deem to be "thinking"? Aren't you just another form of AI?

SwordOfTruth

Some animals clearly do think.

Any proof of that ? How can you tell that they are not simply acting and behaving according to the way they are programmed?

No. I have actual intelligence. Are you artificial?

I believe I am a construct. I believe that the human condition is an appallingly vulnerable one. Humans are essentially empty vessels, computers, and can be programmed with almost anything. You can make a child into a loving caring person or into a brutal freedom fighter. You can make a person believe X or Y and another person Z. We process information and sensory inputs and what we do, how we act is a result of that processing.

Our ego would like us to believe we have full independence and free thinking, but the reality is we are super complex biological robots.

Right Divider

Body part
Any proof of that ? How can you tell that they are not simply acting and behaving according to the way they are programmed?
Perhaps human are just robots too.
I believe I am a construct. I believe that the human condition is an appallingly vulnerable one. Humans are essentially empty vessels, computers, and can be programmed with almost anything. You can make a child into a loving caring person or into a brutal freedom fighter. You can make a person believe X or Y and another person Z. We process information and sensory inputs and what we do, how we act is a result of that processing.

Our ego would like us to believe we have full independence and free thinking, but the reality is we are super complex biological robots.
So you're an atheist materialist?

I won't spend much more time trying to converse with a robot. 🤖

SwordOfTruth

I'm coming from the position of a free thinker whose mind and opinions are not shackled by religious indoctrination. I'm coming from a position of being able to freely look at and assess/appraise anything, any theory, any claim, any belief system, any universal model.