ECT Omnipresence of Jesus

tomlapalm

Being confined to a physical body, yet He knew events far away before/ as they occurred.

Anyone seeking to see Jesus had to go to the body. But the person in the body knew things that occurred away from the body. We can call it omnipresence or omniscience.

God was not confined to a body.

The physical life death and resurrection is proof He was Human, not that He was not God.

Heb 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Jhn 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

YLT Jhn 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

The Word did not cease being the Word when He became flesh. It also became flesh.

0scar

Being confined to a physical body, yet He knew events far away before/ as they occurred.

Anyone seeking to see Jesus had to go to the body. But the person in the body knew things that occurred away from the body. We can call it omnipresence or omniscience.

All prophets in the pass have known things, and no one claimed to be omnipresent or omniscient. That is why the samaritanian woman recogniced Jesus as a prophet. That is why when Peter was asked, he answer that the jew people concidered Jesus as prophet.

Check out this: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place; he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John..."
You see? Is God - the Father - who give Jesus the revelations. It is the same situation of any other prophet.

That is why Jesus dont know the day of his return, because God the Father did not revealed to him.

Jesus knowledge is not that of an omniscient, but of a human prophet.

0scar

God was not confined to a body.

The physical life death and resurrection is proof He was Human, not that He was not God.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

YLT Jhn 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

The Word did not cease being the Word when He became flesh. It also became flesh.

I always defeded that Jesus was God and man. I did never, ever sugested that Jesus were not God. But it is you who keep denaying his humanity. Because at the same time you say that Jeus was man, at the same time you say he was omnipresent (and omniscient and omnipotent) thing(s) no man is.

Teaching Jesus as omni is denaying Jesus humanity.

tomlapalm

I totally accept His humanity, more than you know because I know I am the same way, a spiritual being and physical being. Since you have trouble accepting humans as 100 %spiritual eternal and 100% physical beings, you HAVE to NOT accept Jesus in the same way.

Why can't Jesus be OMNI and Human? Is it Him or our understanding? Do we limit God to the size of our minds, our understanding?

That would be a small god if limited to my mind.

0scar

I totally accept His humanity, more than you know because I know I am the same way, a spiritual being and physical being. Since you have trouble accepting humans as 100 %spiritual eternal and 100% physical beings, you HAVE to NOT accept Jesus in the same way.

Is your humanity omnipresent? If you insist in Jesus being omnipresent, what you are doing is denaying his complete humanity.

0scar

Jesus Christ is a resurrected man of flesh and bone now in Heaven, who will return to this earth and restore all things, which is a promise made even before Adam sinned and spoken of by every true prophet since.

If Jesus Christ is now on Heaven (not on Earth) and will return to this Earth (where he is not now); Jesus Christ is not omnipresent.

0scar

Hi , and lets see if you agree with this ?
#1 , In the OT , Jesus appeared to what many call the Theophanies , and example is to Abram in Genesis !
#2 , We know Jesus was here many times talking to Adam and to Eve !
#3 , He was here and spoke to Moses and spoke and gave visions to many !
Jesus will come to take out His Ambassadors in the Departure ..
In Matt 24 , will come again to save Israel !
So , Jesus has been here many times on earth !
dan p

If you claim that "Jesus has been here many times on Earth" you agree that Jesus has not been on Earth the rest of the time. In the best case, Jesus have been on Earth few times in the past; and not been on Earth the remaning 99.999% of the time. Not omnipresent at all.

tomlapalm

Is your humanity omnipresent? If you insist in Jesus being omnipresent, what you are doing is denaying his complete humanity.

What? I am not God, but my spiritual being can exist without my body.

Christ , as a spiritual being can exist without His body. The bodies are temporal. Spirits are eternal. Whereas I am a created spirit, He is not.

This is basic.

0scar

if humans are not omnipresent
if YOUR Jesus was omnipresent
YOU are denaying Jesus humanity

tomlapalm

what?, did I not just say we are more than the physical. Did I not just say the spiritual is more than the physical.

We cannot be more than we were made. Man, the physical nor the spiritual,was not created omnipresent.

But God is omnipresent, He just happen to dwell as a spirit in a earthly human body.

that is what Emmanuel means,

Think of it as a Twinkie Man on the outside, God on the inside.

100% man 100% God,

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Jhn 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Jhn 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Jhn 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body

get it?

0scar

what?, did I not just say we are more than the physical. Did I not just say the spiritual is more than the physical.

We cannot be more than we were made. Man, the physical nor the spiritual,was not created omnipresent.

I dont believe that we humans are omnipresent in any manner.
If Jesus became human in our likeness, he became non-omnipresent as we are not omnipresent.

0scar

But God is omnipresent, He just happen to dwell as a spirit in a earthly human body.

that is what Emmanuel means,

Think of it as a Twinkie Man on the outside, God on the inside.

100% man 100% God,

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Jhn 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Jhn 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Jhn 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body

get it?

The understanding of Jesus as God living inside a human body have long ago declared heresy. Colosians declare Jesus body as divine. The whole Jesus is human and divine. Dividing Jesus in part divine and part human is also an old heressy.

tomlapalm

Jesus' body is not divine nor does Colossian's does not say so. Please provide the verse , if so.

He was 100% Human

Heb 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Back up your positions or change.

0scar

Jesus' body is not divine nor does Colossian's does not say so. Please provide the verse , if so.

He was 100% Human

Heb 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Back up your positions or change.

Finally you did accepted the non omnipresence of Jesus. You just confessed thta Jesus was 100% human (I asume you are also confesing him as 100% divine aswell). Humans are not omnipresent and Jesus 100% human is not omnipresent. Jesus was tempted (tested) like we are. We are tempted not being omnipresent, and Jesus was tempted not being omnipresent.

tomlapalm

you do not read well.

I just explained this. Is it the language?

What is the real you?

Humans are not omnipresent nor were thy intended to be. But humans are spiritual beings that are eternal and are more that physical.

Jesus is physical exactly a we are, but instead of a created spiritual being, ad we are, He is the eternal , omni... God. He is what He is, just as we are what we are, We just share humanity. That is the only way one death could apply for many. We only share humanity , He IS GOD, We are only created spiritual beings.

tomlapalm

Colossians 2:9 (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Do you think this make His body divine?

Col 1:19

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Heb 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

There IS no verse that says the flesh became divine.

Jhn 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

0scar

you do not read well.

I just explained this. Is it the language?

What is the real you?

Humans are not omnipresent nor were thy intended to be. But humans are spiritual beings that are eternal and are more that physical.

Jesus is physical exactly a we are, but instead of a created spiritual being, ad we are, He is the eternal , omni... God. He is what He is, just as we are what we are, We just share humanity. That is the only way one death could apply for many. We only share humanity , He IS GOD, We are only created spiritual beings.

Jesus is God,
nobody is disputing that.

If humans are not omnipresent, and Jesus was human, Jesus was not omnipresent.
Humans bodies are not omnipresent (neither human souls nor human spirits). Jesus body was not omnipresent. Jesus body was divine, yet was not omnipresent. All Jesus, the whole Jesus was divine, not part of him. All Jesus, the whole Jesus was human, not part of him. All Jesus, the whole Jesus was not omnipresent.

Was Jesus omnipresent? Provide at least one single verse and it will be enough. With only one verse declaring or showing Jesus as omnipresent will satisfied me. I challange you.

tomlapalm

You have been shown post after post, you will only ignore it again.

Jhn 1:48
Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree.

Jhn 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Zec 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

many verse can be construed as omniscience rather than omnipresence

I wont do it again.